• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Jimmy G end up next season?

Where does Jimmy G play next season?

• Pittsburgh (Big Ben retiring)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Carolina (Cam is toast)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Houston (Watson will be traded most likely or in prison)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis (Wentz, LOL.)

• Giants (Jones is likely history)

• WFT (they could use a QB)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Vikings

• Saints

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seahawks (RW could be dealt in the offseason if he continues to bitch)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There rumors that his move to delay his surgery killed all good will that the org had towards him. Going into the off season, they were apparently willing to try to make sure he has a plush landing spot. Now they are purely maneuvering for their own benefit and they don’t care how/where JG ends up.
The circumstances made it very unlikely Jimmy would have a happy departure from the 49ers. 49ers went all in to draft Lance so they need to give him a run at starting and developing him and Jimmy makes way to much for a back up. His contract isn't guaranteed so teams knew he would be cut short of Lance going down in the off season. Doubt the surgery matter much.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garoppolo is expected to be fully ready for preseason training. If so the injury guarantee wouldn't be an issue, unless the 49ers were concerned about him getting injured again.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garoppolo is expected to be fully ready for preseason training. If so the injury guarantee wouldn't be an issue, unless the 49ers were concerned about him getting injured again.
Exactly. He'll pass a physical before they cut him, so the injury guarantee won't matter and they'll be able to save the whole 25M in cap space.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the timing was that JG was unable to participate in any off season camps for the prospective new teams. No team was going to risk any draft capital on a player who couldn’t even throw (Watson is a different situation).

Then the QB situation league wide went completely bonkers. His inability to throw during the big game of musical chairs meant the Niners got stuck without a chair.

Going into the off season, the Niners were NOT going to cut Jimmy. He had enough cache that trading for him was a legit option because allowing him to go to FA allows him to pick his team. If you trade for him, you get him. The musical chairs and his injury killed that option. The only seats left (Cle, Sea, Mia, ???) are not in positions to trade for him because Cleveland is probably the only starting job on the market, so if they want him, they can wait out for a cut while the others wouldn’t want to pay him or give up draft capital.

At this point, I expect him to be in Cle, but after a cut, not a trade.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina could be looking for both a starter and a backup at QB. They don't have a lot committed at that position, and depending on whether Jimmy G wants to start, he could end up there.

I don't see a bidding war for Jimmy G.
Darnold contracts is guaranteed if I remember correctly.
No way they are gonna go after yet another Back up QB this year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told by a Dolphins fan who reads the Miami beat writers that Bridgewater has looked abysmal in the early running. The Dolphins have catered to a more RPO-orientated offense that suits Tagovailoa but doesn't suit Bridgewater. The $2M signing bonus paid to Bridgewater is a sunk cost. Bridgewater is guaranteed a salary of $4.5M and the Dolphins may be prepared to let another team take that contract off their hands. It's so early that we're not even in preseason camp yet so take everything with a pinch of salt.

Only the 49ers will be interested in Garoppolo at $25.6M, but that figure isn't guaranteed and Garopolo will only get it if the 49ers figure to be a Super Bowl contender with him but an irrelevance with Lance. If Lance is good enough the 49ers will cut Garoppolo at the 53-man cut down point. If Garoppolo is prepared to sign a cheaper deal with another team then the 49ers should be prepared to take a low pick rather than get nothing by cutting him. This would come down to Lance being ready to start, Garoppolo's agreement, another team wanting Garoppolo, and fortuitous timing, (the 49ers aren't in a rush).
I heard Carroll was really impressed with Jimmy G. Looking into what it might take.
*Looks over at Harold*
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

(Of course I am lying)

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Carroll was really impressed with Jimmy G. Looking into what it might take.
*Looks over at Harold*
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

(Of course I am lying)
Maybe the Seahawks will trade for Bridgewater and have him beat out Lock again.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm predicting he'll either be a Brown or cut eventually just depends on the Watson situation.

If Watson is suspended the year or a large portion of it I can see the Browns making a play for him to be their starter. Browns have the space to eat his contract and it's only for one year so they can just let him walk at the end of it.

Browns run the same style offense and are pretty much built like the 9ers with a great run game and a great defense so Jimmy can at least keep you competitive.

If not I don't see a team for him at this stage unless you have an injury somewhere.

I also don't see the 9ers paying part of his salary unless the draft compensation makes it worth it for them to do so. They can basically cut him for nothing so I don't see them paying something like 13 million dollars for a conditional 5th-round pick when that money could be used for much bigger priorities.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers aren't going to pay any part of Garoppolo's contract if he is traded before Week 1. There are no guarantees in the contract. If a team is willing to pay $14M, Garoppolo is prepared to accept that figure, and the 49ers are willing to accept a low pick before camp starts then Garoppolo will sign an altered contract and he'll then be traded with that altered contract. If Garoppolo refuses to take a pay cut the 49ers keep him through camp as insurance and release him at the 53-man cut-down point. I've seen it suggested that Garoppolo will have to accept around $10M to move early because there's very little market interest in him and a new incoming QB will be less valuable in August. Garoppolo is a quality QB and he's worth more, but the situation is the situation.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland or Chicago is my guess.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting he'll either be a Brown or cut eventually just depends on the Watson situation.

If Watson is suspended the year or a large portion of it I can see the Browns making a play for him to be their starter. Browns have the space to eat his contract and it's only for one year so they can just let him walk at the end of it.

Browns run the same style offense and are pretty much built like the 9ers with a great run game and a great defense so Jimmy can at least keep you competitive.

If not I don't see a team for him at this stage unless you have an injury somewhere.

I also don't see the 9ers paying part of his salary unless the draft compensation makes it worth it for them to do so. They can basically cut him for nothing so I don't see them paying something like 13 million dollars for a conditional 5th-round pick when that money could be used for much bigger priorities.

What's the benefit to cutting him? Not like there are any big money players out there to sign with the freed up cap space. At least if they hold onto him they have trade bait until the deadline if someone's QB gets injured and if not they will have the chance to get a comp pick for him after he walks after the year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the benefit to cutting him? Not like there are any big money players out there to sign with the freed up cap space. At least if they hold onto him they have trade bait until the deadline if someone's QB gets injured and if not they will have the chance to get a comp pick for him after he walks after the year.
To save cap space and can carry it over to next season.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is over 25 mil. reasons to cut him.
On roster, cap hit 26.95 mil
Cut, Dead cap space 1.4 mil.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Jimmy heading to Cleveland. Watson isn't going to be back for a while so give Jimmy his 1yr prove it deal once he's cut and go from there. It would be comical if he ended up in the land of back up QBs out in Carolina.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To save cap space and can carry it over to next season.

This.

But also Jimmy is well liked and popular in the locker room so you don't want to create a situation where dissent can arise when Lance does have some inevitable growing pain moments and pine for Jimmy.

It's not that you need to protect Lance's psyche or anything but you also don't need to make it needlessly harder for him to establish himself as the leader of the team and rally the guys behind him.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Seahawks "have discussed the possibility" of Jimmy Garoppolo playing for them.​

With a quarterback room headlined by Drew Lock and Geno Smith, it makes sense for Seattle to leave no stone unturned in their search for a starting passer. Now that Baker Mayfield has landed in Carolina, Seattle may be the only possible landing spot. As Fowler noted, there are plenty of other hurdles to clear before a trade could be worked out. Garoppolo is still recovering from shoulder surgery and will need to pass a physical. His contract will also need to be reworked before he is moved. It's possible that Seattle gambles on the 49ers being forced to cut Garoppolo for cap purposes instead of trading for the veteran. Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf would both get significant boosts to their fantasy value if Garoppolo is ultimately their starting quarterback

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are in talks with Niners, not sure how serious it is, but the teams are talking …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are in talks with Niners, not sure how serious it is, but the teams are talking …
Just a rumor a not one I put any stock in. Here's the rumor:

Jimmy.png

First thing Fowler gives no source and Fowler isn't connected to the Seahawks or have viable sources inside the Seahawks. Secondly "have discussed the possibility" is plum silly because I;m sure the Seahawks have discussed hundreds of players they never end up with and exactly when was this discussion? Last year, year before? Pure junk click bait. 100% pure horseshit.

Also no mention at all about the 49ers and Seahawks talking.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a rumor a not one I put any stock in. Here's the rumor:

View attachment 301895

First thing Fowler gives no source and Fowler isn't connected to the Seahawks or have viable sources inside the Seahawks. Secondly "have discussed the possibility" is plum silly because I;m sure the Seahawks have discussed hundreds of players they never end up with and exactly when was this discussion? Last year, year before? Pure junk click bait. 100% pure horseshit.

Also no mention at all about the 49ers and Seahawks talking.
well if they are waiting for him to be cut.
No reason for the two teams to talk.