• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Carmelo Anthony play next season ?..

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of his game, but Phil Jackson is a horrible GM.
He proven he could take great rosters built by other people and max them out.
He has no ability to put together a winning roster though, and he's stupidly married to the triangle though it's clearly not a good scheme unless you have a couple of all time greats and a very good supporting cast to run it.
Back to the question, what is a good fit and where will Anthony play the 2017/2018 season ?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan either. One of the more overrated superstars ever. Whether it's his obvious laziness on defense to his inefficient ISO shots, he's just a negative on the court.

When the Cavs / LeBron declined that Love for Carmelo trade a few months ago ( and supposedly LeBron and Carmelo are tight ), that should tell it all. Phil is officially done with him too. No one wants to be bothered anymore.

My guess would be the Celtics or Clippers. Maybe? But who knows really.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan either. One of the more overrated superstars ever. Whether it's his obvious laziness on defense to his inefficient ISO shots, he's just a negative on the court.

When the Cavs / LeBron declined that Love for Carmelo trade a few months ago ( and supposedly LeBron and Carmelo are tight ), that should tell it all. Phil is officially done with him too. No one wants to be bothered anymore.

My guess would be the Celtics or Clippers. Maybe? But who knows really.

The Celtics have an opportunity to complete their roster with the #1 pick. They'd be very foolish to trade that pick for this waste of space.
Anthony might be a fit for The Clippers, as much as he would be on any team.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC will get him. It's the perfect fit

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of his game, but Phil Jackson is a horrible GM.
He proven he could take great rosters built by other people and max them out.
He has no ability to put together a winning roster though, and he's stupidly married to the triangle though it's clearly not a good scheme unless you have a couple of all time greats and a very good supporting cast to run it.
Back to the question, what is a good fit and where will Anthony play the 2017/2018 season ?
I don't like Phil Jackson as a gm and I do agree for the most part, but he had a pretty bad hand to begin with. He was trying to build a good team over-night and his moves failed. I think just about every coach has done that though. Where he really went wrong was re-signing Carmelo and trading for Derek Rose. He should have took the building by the lotter for a year or two and then started looking. No one is going to come to a team of losers. That's why the Lakers have crapped out for the last three years

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York.

He should do what I saw Brian Windhorst suggest on PTI today; call Phil's bluff, refuse to lift his no trade for any team and force NY to release him. They won't because they don't want to eat that cap number so that's why he'll still be in NY. Melo can opt out next summer (2018) so just put up with it another year. He's getting paid and by all accounts, loves NYC.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't stay with the Knicks I think he'll end up with the Wizards.

Dude. Don't say that. That would suck.

I will happily take Otto Porter Jr. Over Melo any day of the week. Wizards have scorers already. If they are going to overpay aSF, it might as well be their own guy who is proven to be a good fit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple Knicks fans brought this topic up months ago.

I can't see a trade happening. He really has no trade value because of his contract, and the Knicks will likely overrate his worth just like their fans did. Unless Phil is giving him away, I just can't see it. No contender is giving up more than a late pick and an irrelevant player.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll return the Denver.

Fuck no. He would just get in the way. Gary Harris is already a better player than he is. I just now starting to fall in love with the Nuggets.

I guess if Gallo doesn't come back... Still nope.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple Knicks fans brought this topic up months ago.

I can't see a trade happening. He really has no trade value because of his contract, and the Knicks will likely overrate his worth just like their fans did. Unless Phil is giving him away, I just can't see it. No contender is giving up more than a late pick and an irrelevant player.

Agree. His biggest value would be to a team that feels they are 1 scorer away from being a title contender or a team that feels they are 1 scorer away from being a playoff team. The problem is, what the Knicks will likely demand is more than what teams like that are likely to be willing to give up.

Even if the Knicks did find a trade partner, he'd likely end up in the same boat as when he came to the Knicks from Denver. Finding that the team had to give up so much, there's no one left.

So basically, it will come down to how badly Phil wants to be rid of him. Even then, he has a no trade clause. So, if he really wants to stick it to Phil, he can do as @wildturkey suggests and refuse all trades, stick it out 1 more year, then walk away as an FA ensuring the Knicks get nothing for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis if they don't have to give up much? Seems like they always need scoring and their defense is solid enough that they may be able to cover for him on that end of the floor. Plus, they play a more deliberate style offense, so his iso's shouldn't disrupt them too much.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i were Melo, i would only lift my no trade clause for the Clippers and the Wizards. I think the Clippers would bite because the Wizards probably won't. With Melo on the clippers, you just need a bunch of defensive wings and they can compete with anyone for a year or two.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i were Melo, i would only lift my no trade clause for the Clippers and the Wizards. I think the Clippers would bite because the Wizards probably won't. With Melo on the clippers, you just need a bunch of defensive wings and they can compete with anyone for a year or two.

Yeah, the Clips are also one of the deepest teams in the league and could probably put together a solid package that doesn't breakup much, if any, of their core.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis if they don't have to give up much? Seems like they always need scoring and their defense is solid enough that they may be able to cover for him on that end of the floor. Plus, they play a more deliberate style offense, so his iso's shouldn't disrupt them too much.

That might work. They run a lot of half court and his laziness might not be such a liability.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll go to the Clippers.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants him? He is rather old now and still has the mentality that a franchise should be built around him as he is the center point. Yet nothing in his career has ever suggested he is capable of being THE GUY. Maybe he goes to the Nets or Kings, or somewhere where you just forget about him.