• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Doug's strength lies...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting somewhat fluffy piece about Brandon Brooks and his anxiety issues...

Brooks praised his teammates, coaches and the Eagles organization for supporting him. At one point, Doug Pederson suggested that Brooks take a week away from the team to try to work through his issues. But Brooks wasn't having it.

How Eagles guard Brandon Brooks blocked anxiety from...

I seriously doubt whether Brooks and Agholor would have survived under Chip Kelly - I think they would have collapsed. To some extent I even wonder whether they would have survived as an Eagle under Andy.

Quite a few people have noticed how much the players seem to be playing for Pederson. I think the way he - and in his wake the organization - have dealt with these (mental) health issues of players last season has earned Pederson a lot of credit and loyalty from the players. And luckily some of the leadership on the team survived Kelly as well.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pederson's strength is that he built a good coaching staff, and as a former player, has a sense of what players do. That makes him a guy players find accessible, and someone who players respond to when he talks.

Kelly lacked a human touch. Players didn't like him and he didn't connect with them as people. He was a college guy and didn't understand that pro players are not replaceable like recruits at a big-time program, which has numerous similar players at its disposal. He failed primarily in understanding the difference between pro and college personnel.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pederson's strength is that he built a good coaching staff, and as a former player, has a sense of what players do. That makes him a guy players find accessible, and someone who players respond to when he talks.

Kelly lacked a human touch. Players didn't like him and he didn't connect with them as people. He was a college guy and didn't understand that pro players are not replaceable like recruits at a big-time program, which has numerous similar players at its disposal. He failed primarily in understanding the difference between pro and college personnel.

well said. And I stated that was my no1 concern when it was announced he was first coming here. And he proved that out. No matter how good your plan is, you can't treat them this way (Kelly) or if you are predictable (Reid).

It's still way too early to see how Doug will do, but I like that he seems to act much much faster than Reid in recognizing and dealing with problems on the team. How many times would we scratch our heads in the draft as Reid seemed to ignore the most obvious problems on the team? Doug has consistently recognized and dealt with those issues (ala WR and CB). The issue with running the ball, he has been dealing with it - and within a few weeks - not 5 years later AFTER we have a massive losing season and nothing to lose the way Reid did. I have faith/hope in Doug so far.