• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Chicago go from here?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try and go after KD but they wont succeed. Another option is go after Howard. With Howard you get your Rim protector. Resign Noah as your back up. Say bye to Gasol. Need to add a true starting SG/SF. Their weakness for 4 years now. If Butler is going to be the SG then we need a SF if Butler wants to be the the SF then we need a SG.

1 Last move please say Bye to MDJ. He is done. Watching him shoot this year was so bad.

Draft: Front office needs to have some balls and trade up to grab your back up PG future starting PG.
DO NOT go after Howard.

He is done. He is a virus. If you are looking for a big guy, I'd go after a younger post player, or really any other post player then Howard.

Here is a question in regards to Chicago going after a star in free agency. Do you think stars are hesitant to go to Chicago knowing they will always be in the shadow of Jordan's legacy? And no matter what success they have as a star in Chicago it will be compared to Jordan?

Other big cities like Los Angeles Lakers can get away with it because a new star means a new era and chapter in their franchise history. But Chicago doesn't seem to be able to do that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things you are way off on. 1)Butler is way better then Wiggins right now 2) He knows Thibs system and would excell and help the others on that team.

Now future is brighter for Wiggins. I will give that advantage to Wiggins.

Nobody is disputing who is better.

Adding Jimmy is not enough of a plus to lose a younger Wiggins AND a 1st rounder.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO NOT go after Howard.

He is done. He is a virus. If you are looking for a big guy, I'd go after a younger post player, or really any other post player then Howard.

Here is a question in regards to Chicago going after a star in free agency. Do you think stars are hesitant to go to Chicago knowing they will always be in the shadow of Jordan's legacy? And no matter what success they have as a star in Chicago it will be compared to Jordan?

Other big cities like Los Angeles Lakers can get away with it because a new star means a new era and chapter in their franchise history. But Chicago doesn't seem to be able to do that.
Nah not anymore. I think we are pass the MJ scare. Plus Butler is the face of the Franchise.

Im not a big fan of Howard but he would give us a Combo of Gasol and Noah. U surround him with 4 other shooters and I think it can work.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is disputing who is better.

Adding Jimmy is not enough of a plus to lose a younger Wiggins AND a 1st rounder.
I have seen crazier stuff. If Thibs really wants him he will go after him. Remember he calls the shots now. I can see a trade like that happening. This would then be a rebuild for the Bulls and they can build around Wiggins. Next year Rose comes off the books. With 2 1st rd picks to build around Wiggins. maybe bulls can throw in Sac 1st rd protected pick to make it a little more fair and Tony Snell.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen crazier stuff. If Thibs really wants him he will go after him. Remember he calls the shots now. I can see a trade like that happening. This would then be a rebuild for the Bulls and they can build around Wiggins. Next year Rose comes off the books. With 2 1st rd picks to build around Wiggins. maybe bulls can throw in Sac 1st rd protected pick to make it a little more fair and Tony Snell.

Take off the homer goggles.

That trade heavily favors the Bulls and doesn't improve the WOlves to the playoffs.

So, why give up 2 assets?

You are kidding yourself.

In fairness, the Cavs traded Wiggins and assets for Love.

But, they were in win now mode.

Minny is nowhere near that. So, why mortgage the future?

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take off the homer goggles.

That trade heavily favors the Bulls and doesn't improve the WOlves to the playoffs.

So, why give up 2 assets?

You are kidding yourself.

In fairness, the Cavs traded Wiggins and assets for Love.

But, they were in win now mode.

Minny is nowhere near that. So, why mortgage the future?
No Homer glasses just being realistic. All Pro Player for a player who hasnt done much.

Butler, Snell and Sac protected 1st rd pick
for
Wiggins, 1st rd pick and another player

Its way fair if anything it leans towards Minn. They are getting a Top 3 two way player in the league in his prime.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Homer glasses just being realistic. All Pro Player for a player who hasnt done much.

Butler, Snell and Sac protected 1st rd pick
for
Wiggins, 1st rd pick and another player

Its way fair if anything it leans towards Minn. They are getting a Top 3 two way player in the league in his prime.

Yes, what you presented is fair.

That's not what Hurricane posted.

He said Wiggins, Pek and a 1st for just Butler.

That is a shit trade for MINNY.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I think they should never have fired Thibs. He took so much shit from Gar and John and why? Because he wasn't a yes man? He was a great coach and a better motivator.

Thibs was tough as nails, but he ran his players into the ground. Look at how much he broken Joakim Noah. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to Dieng and Towns now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, what you presented is fair.

That's not what Hurricane posted.

He said Wiggins, Pek and a 1st for just Butler.

That is a shit trade for MINNY.
oh im talking about my trade offer. I was agreeing that I wouldnt mind a trade with Wiggins and Butler. Im ok with rebuilding. Yeah As a Bulls fan I would take his trade in a heart beat.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah not anymore. I think we are pass the MJ scare. Plus Butler is the face of the Franchise.

Im not a big fan of Howard but he would give us a Combo of Gasol and Noah. U surround him with 4 other shooters and I think it can work.
Dude, you don't want Howard anywhere near your franchise. I'd take Shawn Bradley out of retirement for a big mane then Howard.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Done with Thibs. He hit his ceiling with this team. Its not all his fault because lets be honest the front office never tried to improve the team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is actually a good point. The Bulls only titles in their history came when MJ was there. Outside of those years, that franchise hasn't exactly been a model of success. Add to that the fact that MJ is widely considered the GOAT and that, to this day, his shadow still looms pretty large over the league and it makes sense.

Meanwhile, the Lakers championships have always represented a new era. It went from Wilt/West to Kareem/Magic to Shaq/Kobe to Kobe/Pau.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh im talking about my trade offer. I was agreeing that I wouldnt mind a trade with Wiggins and Butler. Im ok with rebuilding. Yeah As a Bulls fan I would take his trade in a heart beat.

If I were Minny -- I would not consider trading either of my young studs.

If Chicago does want to make a move with Butler -- Boston (with their multiple assets) may be the best place. (supposedly they really wanted him just before deadline) At some point, Danny will make a move for an All Star player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Minny -- I would not consider trading either of my young studs.

If Chicago does want to make a move with Butler -- Boston (with their multiple assets) may be the best place. (supposedly they really wanted him just before deadline) At some point, Danny will make a move for an All Star player.
Very true on the Boston thing. They already went after Butler this year.