• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Chicago go from here?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible season, aging roster, young inexperienced head coach. What do the Bulls do?

I think the only person worth keeping on that roster is Butler. Everyone else may be expendable. Do they go after KD?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible season, aging roster, young inexperienced head coach. What do the Bulls do?

I think the only person worth keeping on that roster is Butler. Everyone else may be expendable. Do they go after KD?

I doubt they have the cap space to go after KD.

Plus, what would be the point. Don't Butler and Durant play the same position? I doubt either one would want to change.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, Butler getting all the credit and not getting any of the blame. That is what pisses me off about the Chicago media and really the national media as well.

Butler is by no means flawless as a basketball player or as a human being - Everyone get that through your heads.

The reality is that the Bulls could have done much worse than they did this year. The presence Chicago market place unrealistic expectations on this franchise. For all of their flaws this year, they still finished above .500 with a rookie coach and arguably your two best players (Rose and Butler) rarely staying healthy at the same time. It's something. It's tough to develop chemistry given the circumstances given them this year.

If the Bulls want to be bold and go young, I would look to reunite Butler with Thibs.

Wiggins, Pekovic, and a future 1st rounder for Butler.

Otherwise, the future is cloudy in a rapidly improving Eastern Conference.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will sit on their hands and bring back nearly the same roster (minus gasol) and fail again. They should be tearing this team apart l

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Rose to the Sixers

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Butler getting all the credit and not getting any of the blame. That is what pisses me off about the Chicago media and really the national media as well.

Butler is by no means flawless as a basketball player or as a human being - Everyone get that through your heads.

The reality is that the Bulls could have done much worse than they did this year. The presence Chicago market place unrealistic expectations on this franchise. For all of their flaws this year, they still finished above .500 with a rookie coach and arguably your two best players (Rose and Butler) rarely staying healthy at the same time. It's something. It's tough to develop chemistry given the circumstances given them this year.

If the Bulls want to be bold and go young, I would look to reunite Butler with Thibs.

Lmfao...I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Butler straight up, let alone with a first.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get rid of gar Forman and John paxson,mthen start over building around Butler and maybe mirotic if he can grow as a player in the offseason.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a rumor that it was Butler or Noah.

Easy choice with Noah's injuries.

There are about 20 Teams that they can trade the last year of Rose's deal to, without having to take anything back.

Blow it up, build around Butler.

Or, ship him out too.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Jimmy?

Quite a bit more than Wiggins at this point. But Wiggins is obviously way younger with upside.

But right not he can't play good D and is a inefficient flawed scorer who can't rebound or pass.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda random to start this thread in the middle of the playoffs a month after the Bulls were eliminated.

Anyway, I think they should never have fired Thibs. He took so much shit from Gar and John and why? Because he wasn't a yes man? He was a great coach and a better motivator.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a bit more than Wiggins at this point. But Wiggins is obviously way younger with upside.

But right not he can't play good D and is a inefficient flawed scorer who can't rebound or pass.

Jimmy is a good player.

I'm not knocking him.

He's a top 2 way player, has made defensive Teams and All Star Teams.

Wiggins played one year of College ball and High School ball in Canada.

With all that being said:

Would you give up Andrew Wiggins and a 1st rounder for Jimmy?

I would not trade a 21 yr old Wiggins for a 26 yr old Butler straight up.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is a good player.

I'm not knocking him.

He's a top 2 way player, has made defensive Teams and All Star Teams.

Wiggins played one year of College ball and High School ball in Canada.

With all that being said:

Would you give up Andrew Wiggins and a 1st rounder for Jimmy?

I would not trade a 21 yr old Wiggins for a 26 yr old Butler straight up.

I even said "Wiggins is way younger with more upside"

I just quoted your notion of what has jimmy done. As of now, whatever it is...its far more than Wiggins. But that is just as of now. I'd bank on upside and potential for a 21 year old entering year 3 as a 20 ppg scorer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even said "Wiggins is way younger with more upside"

I just quoted your notion of what has jimmy done. As of now, whatever it is...its far more than Wiggins. But that is just as of now. I'd bank on upside and potential for a 21 year old entering year 3 as a 20 ppg scorer.

Right, okay.....

That post was just snark.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think big changes are coming to Chicago. Another team that was supposed to becoming good that under achieved.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would try and go after KD but they wont succeed. Another option is go after Howard. With Howard you get your Rim protector. Resign Noah as your back up. Say bye to Gasol. Need to add a true starting SG/SF. Their weakness for 4 years now. If Butler is going to be the SG then we need a SF if Butler wants to be the the SF then we need a SG.

1 Last move please say Bye to MDJ. He is done. Watching him shoot this year was so bad.

Draft: Front office needs to have some balls and trade up to grab your back up PG future starting PG.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that move and u know Thibs would want Butler.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao...I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Butler straight up, let alone with a first.
2 things you are way off on. 1)Butler is way better then Wiggins right now 2) He knows Thibs system and would excell and help the others on that team.

Now future is brighter for Wiggins. I will give that advantage to Wiggins.