• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do you stand?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see the Leo's address the WR position in FA than the draft. A guy like Brian Quick is interesting.

Draft some key defensive pieces this year. We still don't even know if we are getting back the brazillian bug man back this year. Reports are he still isn't healthy.

I thought so too, but what scares me is that sometimes when you go the cheap route or experiment with some of these guys, it blows up on you. I don't want them to have a bunch of regular guys that cant do shit when it matters. They have to have some clutch players out there. Quick would definitely be a good starting point.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Quick as a choice as WR ? He's not a good route runner and never has been and asking him to catch passes from Staffy isn't a good idea either. If he can't get seperation which is a pro trait of his and he's not fast or even twitchy on the field then this is a huge stretch/reach (no pun intended. There are better options. The best thing Quick has going for him is that he's very tall with really long arms and he doesn't use either of those measureables to his advantage. I would hate to see him try to catch a 60+mph quick out/slant or dig.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions are going to look for a FA WR then they should find one who has the ability to take the top off so defenses will have to be prepared to roll coverages, at times, in order for Tate and whoever else is in line to scratch out routes underneath and out on the shorter boundary.

That WR should possess good; hands, route running, ability to seperate, pluck and snatch 50/50 balls (your going to need that with staffy) and use of body to block out any DB, imo.

you lose CJ's speed, as he has slowed quite a bit, you'll need someone better than Corey Fuller to stretch the defenses. and Fuller needs to be shown the exit door.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who can fucking tackle and someone who can catch the ball. Good enough? Yup lol

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly see those 1st and 3rd round picks coming to fruition. I wish Reed would fall like that but I repspect your picks no matter if they're there or not. That Spriggs pick has the look of a small drop down and picking up a 3rd round we lost last year. He needs some technique work but he'd be my pick for LT over Conklin and Decker in a heartbeat. I liked what I saw from Boehm but it was only highlight film from DraftTek site.

I would be okay with this.

I think we need to find a DE with only having Ansah and Taylor but FA signings or not will shed more light on that area of need.

I think there is more chance of Reed being there for us than Spriggs(Spriggs won't get past the zone blocking teams)in the 2nd. I'd really be happy with almost any of the top rated defensive tackles in the 2nd(Robinson=Reed< Billings<Butler<Rankins<Nkemdiche<Washington). I haven't watched much of Decker or Conklin, but i plan to watch some this weekend(probably Coleman, Haeg, and Clark also). Finding a DE in this draft after the first is going to be tough(Maybe Spence will take a Justin Houston like fall) Even the mediocre ones are looking like they'll command top dollar in FA.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round: Josh Doctson, WR TCU- If this guy is still around, the Lions better run to the podium. Great handsand adequate size.

He looks really good if he adds a little muscle he has AJ Green potential

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more chance of Reed being there for us than Spriggs(Spriggs won't get past the zone blocking teams)in the 2nd. I'd really be happy with almost any of the top rated defensive tackles in the 2nd(Robinson=Reed< Billings<Butler<Rankins<Nkemdiche<Washington). I haven't watched much of Decker or Conklin, but i plan to watch some this weekend(probably Coleman, Haeg, and Clark also). Finding a DE in this draft after the first is going to be tough(Maybe Spence will take a Justin Houston like fall) Even the mediocre ones are looking like they'll command top dollar in FA.

Would you mind elaborating as to why you think Reed would be there in 2nd ?

I agree about Spriggs and maybe not getting past Car or Den in 1st.

Let me know what you think of Decker and Conklin and the other 3, please. I wasn't a fan of Clark the few times getting a short glimpse of his play. He couldn't handle speed on the bend/dip outside or twists inside. and his footwork seemed heavy/choppy. I'm not good at attempting to evaluate OL.

DE does look marginal after first. I'm pretty much stuck on that position for my 1st rd.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you mind elaborating as to why you think Reed would be there in 2nd ?

Don't really see it happening just hoping :hope: , maybe his limited pass rush ability lets him slide a little

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really see it happening just hoping :hope: , maybe his limited pass rush ability lets him slide a little

gotcha.
I was kind of thinking two gap DT's like him Robinson and Butler will most likely be gone before end of first. ya never know.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any DT will still be around in the 2nd, it will probably be Nkemdiche. Thats where teams will find the value for him. While risky, some teams may consider the return they might get from him.

Funny thing is that the Patriots have taken chances on players with character issues and maybe Quinn might bite if he's there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any DT will still be around in the 2nd, it will probably be Nkemdiche. Thats where teams will find the value for him. While risky, some teams may consider the return they might get from him.

Funny thing is that the Patriots have taken chances on players with character issues and maybe Quinn might bite if he's there.

That's all good on the risk adventure and possible payoff from it but you're still overlooking all the weed issues that came with LeShoure, Fairley, Culbreath. I believe there might have been a no go on drafting anymore kids with these known backgrounds by WCF Sr. and Martha or Sheila may very well be of the same stance. In 2014 when Lawson was drafted and Ihedigbo had been signed as FA, FSU S/LB was right there for the taking at our first of two 4th rd comp picks and we had a need for another SS. They bypassed T. Smith for CB Lawson. That more or less signaled to me that they were staying away but it's only a guess. Bypassing T. Smith wasn't the only player either in that draft. He came up dirty before the draft combine or at the combine as I can't recall.

Nkemdiche is a head case and has all the talent in the world but his work habits are extremely similar to those of Fairley. When you look at his tape he has great lateral agility/speed and could be a dominant force but is highly inconsistent with pad level, hand usage, very limited in moves other than bullrush, energy level and taking plays off, imo.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Quick as a choice as WR ? He's not a good route runner and never has been and asking him to catch passes from Staffy isn't a good idea either. If he can't get seperation which is a pro trait of his and he's not fast or even twitchy on the field then this is a huge stretch/reach (no pun intended. There are better options. The best thing Quick has going for him is that he's very tall with really long arms and he doesn't use either of those measureables to his advantage. I would hate to see him try to catch a 60+mph quick out/slant or dig.

What do you mean he can't get separation? This is against J. Jenkins who many here want our GM to bring into Detroit and pay millions of dollars to..

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean he can't get separation? This is against J. Jenkins who many here want our GM to bring into Detroit and pay millions of dollars to..

I'll use my phone a friend, please, cuz I'm calling Allen Iverson as we speaking. "Practice, Practice, Practice, it's just practice man"

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't see that seperation all that much on Sunday's. I surely don't. I'm talking on the regular too not some damn video you pulled up. but I like your google skills.

yes, I was proved wrong here. this one time

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems to be more of a horrible misread by Jenkins then anything spectacular that Quick did.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll use my phone a friend, please, cuz I'm calling Allen Iverson as we speaking. "Practice, Practice, Practice, it's just practice man"

True, but I think it's time for Ebron to step up or shut up this year. It's his 3rd year. Tate has already proved to be a legit #1 in the NFL by his showing a couple years ago. I can't stand the thought of adding a first round pass catcher, even if it's CC.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be more of a horrible misread by Jenkins then anything spectacular that Quick did.

I'm sure it was both. Quick gave him the old shimmy shake though. Both players are part of the 1 play.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was a very good move inside with the shoulder and every pro CB will bite on that from time to time. I do agree that Jenkins has this inconsistency but as I pointed to U of Houston CB doing the same it was a, he can be fixed. which is true but not all the time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I think it's time for Ebron to step up or shut up this year. It's his 3rd year. Tate has already proved to be a legit #1 in the NFL by his showing a couple years ago. I can't stand the thought of adding a first round pass catcher, even if it's CC.

agreed as I'm pretty much on the defense, defense, defense first three rounds but I can see LS1's point.

I'll wait until first wave and 2nd wave of FA is over and then have a more definitive thought. but right now it's still defense 1st rd.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're looking at about 6 yards of cushion Jenkins is giving up right there. Its pretty damn easy to bite on that fake using the technique Jenkins was using right there. He's very aggresive.