• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do you see this team by the end of the year?!?!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a whatever you want to post section. Discuss what is wrong with this team, extending beyond even KT and Gibby, and what needs to be done to turn it around.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to change the title to something more long-term. Grit isn't a short-term attribute!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it's difficult to say. KT needs to go, first and foremost. Then, whomever replaces him needs to go out and get the pieces you need. Overwhelmingly, the immediate problem is pitching. If KT's replacement can get a better staff in one year, then I would argue that Gibby should get a year (two tops) to win with the pieces in place for you to win. If he can't then he needs to go, and you need a good coaching staff. Then, that replacement needs a year (two tops) to get in there and start winning. So, I would say that whenever KT goes, it will take a couple years assuming that Gibby can coach with the players he needs, and it's going to be 3-5 total if KT and Gibby need to go.

Step One: KT needs to go
Step Two: Replacement needs to get pitching as a specific priority.

Then the courses of action vary depending on the results. Bottom line, those first two steps are the negotiables.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization has some real issues with coaching and player development (at every level). The Dbacks have traded away too many young players only to watch them blossom with another team. Take Skaggs for example. His velocity was down last season, yet the Angels managed to pinpoint and tweak issues with his mechanics to get his velocity back to where it needs to be. Why didn't the Diamondbacks pick up on those mechanical issues and try to fix them? Ian Kennedy's velocity was also down last season, yet he is currently experiencing a comeback season with San Diego. What are our coaches doing? It seems like our coaches have no idea how to help players work through rough patches to continue their development.

This team also needs a GM that values the minor league system as more than a source of trade pieces. Three seasons ago, this team had a farm system that was loaded with talent. KT traded away that talent like it was nothing and left us with very little quality depth (especially in pitching).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT needs to be fired ASAP. ALL the pitching coaches (esp the new guy...can't remember his name now) need to be fired. I'm fine either way on Gibby. They need to get a new GM in ASAP. The trade deadline is coming up and you don't want that idiot tinkering more with this team.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibby's managerial skills have diminished every season that he has been here. He still hasn't learned when to warm up pitchers, when to pitch to certain hitters, and how to set a consistent lineup. He needs to go.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just DFA'd Putz. Almost time to see that Barret, Stites, and Marshall combo out of the bullpen.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the players that I think should be off limits for the impending fire sale:

Goldy
Corbin
Owings
Pollock
Montero (since we don't have anyone ready to take his place)
Parra
Anderson
Marshall
Stites

Everyone else on the current roster can go.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the players that I think should be off limits for the impending fire sale:

Goldy
Corbin
Owings
Pollock
Parra
Anderson
Marshall
Stites

This sounds about right!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe add Collmenter to that list.

The Ferris wheel has taken a step back this year. I guess he could get a bye but it would only be for next year. He may have looked so good last year because the rest of the pitching staff sucked!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we going to see Bradley?!? Seems like a good season to get him some big league experience!

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goldy
Corbin
Owings
Pollock
Parra
Anderson
Marshall
Stites

I can't even imagine excluding Ziegler, he is one of the best relievers I have even seen.

The (WE) Dbacks are very fortunate to have him.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks have officially announced a deal with first-round selection Touki Toussaint.

Toussaint’s bonus is $2.7MM, well over the pick value of $2.338MM. Via Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic.