• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think LeBron is going to the Lakers

I'm not even certain Paul George will.

Agree on Lebron. Not so sure about PG. I'll be surprised if he stays in OKC, especially after that 1st round flameout and Westbrook taking 80+ shots over the last 2 games.

I haven't heard of him being rumored to go anywhere else except the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say Kobe's legacy will loom too large for LeBron to go to the Purple & Gold.

Maybe. On the other hand, if went to the Lakers, just the fact that he would be credited with restoring a storied franchise would be a boost to his legacy, even with no more titles.

If he were to restore that franchise AND add a title or 2, now he's led 3 different teams to titles. Something no other top 5 player can claim and would be something that could be pointed to that would separate him in GOAT convos.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Lebron. Not so sure about PG. I'll be surprised if he stays in OKC, especially after that 1st round flameout and Westbrook taking 80+ shots over the last 2 games.

I haven't heard of him being rumored to go anywhere else except the Lakers.
George is so flaky that you can never tell with him.

Presti seems to think there is a good chance he stays based on conversations he said he had with Paul after the Season.

But, we all know Pg likes to talk out of both sides of his ass.

I have also read that he would be Philly's plan b.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. On the other hand, if went to the Lakers, just the fact that he would be credited with restoring a storied franchise would be a boost to his legacy, even with no more titles.

If he were to restore that franchise AND add a title or 2, now he's led 3 different teams to titles. Something no other top 5 player can claim and would be something that could be pointed to that would separate him in GOAT convos.

Damn good point. Although it gives all of us something to talk about for a while. I think he'll wait until the last day to make yet another decision though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 .....

If they are willing to go Full max, I don't think he's closed the door on the Thunder.

"I talked to P.G.," Presti said during his exit interview for the season, per Fred Katz of The Norman Transcript. "I would say why don't we listen to Paul. He has a lot of comments also. I'm not trying to dissuade anybody or say that what someone says someone told them is inaccurate. I'd just rather listen to the man himself."

"I'd also reflect on the fact that P.G. really keeps his business, like, pretty in-house," he said. "We've gone through the whole year, we haven't heard a whole lot of stuff since he's been here. He's been pretty straight down the middle. I can't do anything but trust the things I'm being told. And I do because if you can't do that, when I say trust, I mean trust the fact that he said positive things about the organization."

However, Presti knows that it isn't all rainbows, butterflies and trust. If you're going to keep George, who turned 28 on Wednesday, you need to break out the checkbook too. When he was asked about paying the expensive tax to keep George, his response was clear: "The answer to that would be affirmative."

George himself has said that he would "love to" remain in OKC, but he wasn't shy in adding that he was in no rush to make a choice. "There was a lot to be happy about: the fans, the city, the organization," George said after the team's Game 6 loss to the Jazz ended their season. "Everything has been unbelievable. It's too soon. I'd love to remain a Thunder, but that's what this summer is for. We'll address that in the summer."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, I'm not sure he's necessarily flaky. With him having stated he wanted to go to the Lakers before he was traded to OKC, he was going to be asked (and was) about his intentions.

He tried to be diplomatic and I'm sure he didn't want to take a chance on messing up team chemistry (or be booed at home) so he would try to answer in a positive way.

I don't think he did a very good job in his answers. Probably should have stuck with..."things are good right now, I'm just trying to help this team win and I'll address the off-season in the off-season".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Presti seems to think there is a good chance he stays based on conversations he said he had with Paul after the Season.

But, we all know Pg likes to talk out of both sides of his ass.

I have also read that he would be Philly's plan b.

Philly would be interesting because he fits about was well with what they do/need as he would with what the Lakers do/need. Not sure he'd go there though if his goal is to play in his hometown.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 .....

If they are willing to go Full max, I don't think he's closed the door on the Thunder.

"I talked to P.G.," Presti said during his exit interview for the season, per Fred Katz of The Norman Transcript. "I would say why don't we listen to Paul. He has a lot of comments also. I'm not trying to dissuade anybody or say that what someone says someone told them is inaccurate. I'd just rather listen to the man himself."

"I'd also reflect on the fact that P.G. really keeps his business, like, pretty in-house," he said. "We've gone through the whole year, we haven't heard a whole lot of stuff since he's been here. He's been pretty straight down the middle. I can't do anything but trust the things I'm being told. And I do because if you can't do that, when I say trust, I mean trust the fact that he said positive things about the organization."

However, Presti knows that it isn't all rainbows, butterflies and trust. If you're going to keep George, who turned 28 on Wednesday, you need to break out the checkbook too. When he was asked about paying the expensive tax to keep George, his response was clear: "The answer to that would be affirmative."

George himself has said that he would "love to" remain in OKC, but he wasn't shy in adding that he was in no rush to make a choice. "There was a lot to be happy about: the fans, the city, the organization," George said after the team's Game 6 loss to the Jazz ended their season. "Everything has been unbelievable. It's too soon. I'd love to remain a Thunder, but that's what this summer is for. We'll address that in the summer."

Maybe. He certainly isn't exactly saying he'll stay and I noticed that he didn't say anything about his actual teammates. Just the city, the fans and the organization itself. KD had similar praise before he left.

Going to be a very interesting off-season, no doubt.

I'll be shocked if OKC doesn't offer him a full max though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can and will happen in 3 years. Half the teams in the playoffs now will have significantly different rosters.

Mavericks? Are you high? DSJ is very overrated. They have nothing else in terms of young talent.

The Suns very well might be better. They have some great pieces. All the other teams mentioned are clearly better now, but you are assuming they will have all the same players in 3 years. Butler may not stay in Minny. Denver has good players, none of whom seem to be interested in playing defense.

If you want me to pick specific teams the Lakers will jump? I don't know. Portland and San Antonio appear most likely.

But that is irrelevant. You calling me crazy for suggesting the Lakers will be a playoff team in 3 years with their current core is every bit as stupid as you calling me crazy for saying Pat McCaw could be in the Warrior rotation last season. I don't need much to go my way to be right here.

And for the record, I don't think the Laker core is anything special. I am on record saying that multiple times. But they are good enough to get them to the playoffs once they mature a little.
I just see a ton of teams that have better young talent then the Lakers

The LAkers dont have their Ben Simmons or Giannis yet--- they prob. dont even have their Jokic or Booker or Wiggins.

For you to say they will win 50 games is nothing but pure rampant speculation.

Would you take Ingram and Ball and Kuzma over Jokic, Murray and Harris + lotto pick? of course not

would you take Ingram Ball and Kuzma over Booker, Jackson and high lotto pick (ayton, doncic or bagley) -- of course not

would you take Ingram and Ball and Kuzma over Mitchell and Gobert? of course not

would you take Ingram, Ball and Kuzma over Towns, Butler and Wiggins? of course not

and you can debate this one- but id take DSJ and say Jackson or BAmba over ingram and ball.

there are a ton of teams in the West that have some really good young players and if you are being objective i cant see how you would take the Lakers young guys over quite a few other teams young guys.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good point. Although it gives all of us something to talk about for a while. I think he'll wait until the last day to make yet another decision though.

Oh, I don't think there's any question that he'll drag out his FA for awhile, it's what he's done every year. No reason to think this year will be different.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can and will happen in 3 years. Half the teams in the playoffs now will have significantly different rosters.

Mavericks? Are you high? DSJ is very overrated. They have nothing else in terms of young talent.

The Suns very well might be better. They have some great pieces. All the other teams mentioned are clearly better now, but you are assuming they will have all the same players in 3 years. Butler may not stay in Minny. Denver has good players, none of whom seem to be interested in playing defense.

If you want me to pick specific teams the Lakers will jump? I don't know. Portland and San Antonio appear most likely.

But that is irrelevant. You calling me crazy for suggesting the Lakers will be a playoff team in 3 years with their current core is every bit as stupid as you calling me crazy for saying Pat McCaw could be in the Warrior rotation last season. I don't need much to go my way to be right here.

And for the record, I don't think the Laker core is anything special. I am on record saying that multiple times. But they are good enough to get them to the playoffs once they mature a little.
also the fact you are relying on you being "right" on McCAw is LAUGHABLY ridiculous.....LSD? lol......gmab.

this is the guy who averaged 6 minuts, 2.2 pts, 2 rebounds, 0.4 assists in the finals...oh yah YOU FUCKING NAILED that one. LOL

his follow up season has even been better!! injury prone and a shooting percentage that makes Ricky Rubio and Lonzo Ball look like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen. Honestly- i think Ira Newbell shot better than 23% from 3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't think there's any question that he'll drag out his FA for awhile, it's what he's done every year. No reason to think this year will be different.

This version of the Duhcision should be held @ a circus. Because if he televises this 1 it'll be a clown show. Whatever it is I hope he doesn't make a big deal out of it. Sadly though that's not his style.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the fact you are relying on you being "right" on McCAw is LAUGHABLY ridiculous.....LSD? lol......gmab.

this is the guy who averaged 6 minuts, 2.2 pts, 2 rebounds, 0.4 assists....oh yah YOU FUCKING NAILED that one. LOL

his follow up season has even been better!! injury prone and a shooting percentage that makes Ricky Rubio and Lonzo Ball look like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen. Honestly- i think Ira Newbell shot better than 23% from 3

Hey what's wrong w/ LSD (mushrooms are better)? I mean don't do drugs!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Lebron's decision, I think there are a few things that we know and a few that we can assume.

We know that...

he'll be an UFA. (duh lol)

any team that has or can make the cap space to sign him, will be trying to get a meeting with him.

that most of the credible rumors have him staying in Cleveland or going to the Lakers or Sixers.

Based on how he's handled his previous FA's we can assume that...

he will take his time making his decision.

having/creating cap space doesn't guarantee that he will meet with a team.

the teams that he won't meet with will be notified early, maybe even before FA starts.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I'm not sure he's necessarily flaky. With him having stated he wanted to go to the Lakers before he was traded to OKC, he was going to be asked (and was) about his intentions.

He tried to be diplomatic and I'm sure he didn't want to take a chance on messing up team chemistry (or be booed at home) so he would try to answer in a positive way.

I don't think he did a very good job in his answers. Probably should have stuck with..."things are good right now, I'm just trying to help this team win and I'll address the off-season in the off-season".
Flaky, diplomatic....it's all semantics.

He is a line straddler....lol

This is the quote that makes me just laugh at his double talk.

“I obviously would’ve loved to go home. That was ideal when it was that time,” George told Nichols. “But now, being here and playing alongside Russ, playing alongside Melo, I feel a real brotherhood with those guys. If we’re here right now, then where can we be next year? Where can we be the year after that?”

But, agree that this is eerily similar to Durant, sans the fact that George is not guaranteed a championship year one.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the alleged racist e-mail turns out to be true, then I agree, he's gone.

Barring that, I see it similar to Wiggy. I'd say 60% he stays in Cleveland, 25% he goes to the Lakers and 15% he goes to Philly. Might even be 20% each for the Lakers and Philly.

I say more like 60+ % hes gone, assuming no title this year.

I doubt he enjoyed having to do all the heavy lifting for 82 regular season games, totalling 3000 minutes played.

I doubt he likes having to be super human in every playoff game.

I think James enters every FA summer thinking one thing.
Where is my best destination to win a title this upcoming season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boom.

How do you cement your legacy?

Bringing back a once storied franchise.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say more like 60+ % hes gone, assuming no title this year.

I doubt he enjoyed having to do all the heavy lifting for 82 regular season games, totalling 3000 minutes played.

I doubt he likes having to be super human in every playoff game.

I think James enters every FA summer thinking one thing.
Where is my best destination to win a title this upcoming season.

Great minds and such.

But, I think he's gone 90%.....mainly due to the racist email story that I think breaks this summer before he leaves.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think a lot of new players will be in new homes this summer, think it's going to be exceptionally active. Wether through FA or trades or both.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great minds and such.

But, I think he's gone 90%.....mainly due to the racist email story that I think breaks this summer before he leaves.

We heard that was coming a year ago.
We’ll see.
Ive also read/heard that hes not happy with Gilberts support of Trump.