• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, maybe the Spurs?

Hey way not? You know how neutral I always am. Right, right? Never talking shit or anything. I just thought it would be interesting to see what some of the Heat fans around here thought of the idea. Come on. What could go wrong w/ LeBron, Melo & D. Howard in Miami next year? It could save what little is left of that greaseball Pat Riley's awful career.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are cuckoo for cocoa puffs as i see teams like the Suns, Twolves, PElicans having much better younger talent- esp. considering the Suns are going to add a major piece in the lotto.

The Lakers need to sign FA's since all three of those teams i think have brighter futures if they just stand pat. I couldnt imagine

and of course that doesnt count teams like Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Blazers which you are obviously counting on some regression from.

I guess what i am saying is that i agree with you that a lot of teams are going to regress----- where i dont agree with you is that i think there are plenty of teams that are down on their luck right now or back end playoff teams like Denver, Minnesota, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah that have a better core of talented young guys and are more prepped for a jump than the Lakers are barring FA signings.

As I said- let me know whod you rather have:

Wiggins, Butler, Towns or Ingram, Ball Kuzma

Jokic, Murray, Gary Harris, lotto pick, vs. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma

Booker, Jackson, high lotto pick (Ayton, Doncic or Bagley) or Ingram, Ball, Kuzma

Dennis Smith Jr., Barnes, high lotto pick (Bamba, Bagley, Jackson) or Ingram, Ball, Kuzma

Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, or Ingram and Ball?

just what teams are the Lakers jumping to get to 50 wins? @tlance ?

A lot can and will happen in 3 years. Half the teams in the playoffs now will have significantly different rosters.

Mavericks? Are you high? DSJ is very overrated. They have nothing else in terms of young talent.

The Suns very well might be better. They have some great pieces. All the other teams mentioned are clearly better now, but you are assuming they will have all the same players in 3 years. Butler may not stay in Minny. Denver has good players, none of whom seem to be interested in playing defense.

If you want me to pick specific teams the Lakers will jump? I don't know. Portland and San Antonio appear most likely.

But that is irrelevant. You calling me crazy for suggesting the Lakers will be a playoff team in 3 years with their current core is every bit as stupid as you calling me crazy for saying Pat McCaw could be in the Warrior rotation last season. I don't need much to go my way to be right here.

And for the record, I don't think the Laker core is anything special. I am on record saying that multiple times. But they are good enough to get them to the playoffs once they mature a little.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways i tend to think they DO get PG13 and resign Julius Randle...

just my opinion...or maybe hope...though...:lol:

That's not a bad fallback option. They also could bring back IT on a 1 year deal and add a few pieces to the bench.

That's a team that could win 44-45 games next season along with the natural progression of the youngsters.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can and will happen in 3 years. Half the teams in the playoffs now will have significantly different rosters.

Mavericks? Are you high? DSJ is very overrated. They have nothing else in terms of young talent.

The Suns very well might be better. They have some great pieces. All the other teams mentioned are clearly better now, but you are assuming they will have all the same players in 3 years. Butler may not stay in Minny. Denver has good players, none of whom seem to be interested in playing defense.

If you want me to pick specific teams the Lakers will jump? I don't know. Portland and San Antonio appear most likely.

But that is irrelevant. You calling me crazy for suggesting the Lakers will be a playoff team in 3 years with their current core is every bit as stupid as you calling me crazy for saying Pat McCaw could be in the Warrior rotation last season. I don't need much to go my way to be right here.

And for the record, I don't think the Laker core is anything special. I am on record saying that multiple times. But they are good enough to get them to the playoffs once they mature a little.

The Lakers are close to Denver in talent and with a few star veterans could jump them.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Then again, this time last last year the consensus was that he needed to win at least 1 and maybe more than 1 title to approach GOAT status.

After what he has done this season, I am not sure that is true. He has a pathway to further improve his legacy no matter where he plays next year. In some ways, if he can Continue to play at an MVp level and drag Cleveland back to the Finals again, that would impress me more than a title with Houston or Philly.

Even without a title, I think this is James best postseason ever. He's done so much.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, even if they don't make the Finals....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

His decision will come down to 4 places, IMO:

1) Philly, for obvious reasons
2) force a trade to Houston a la Chris Paul
3) Magic and the Lakers
4) ride it out in Cleveland and go out like Kobe even though the championship window will close for good there soon.

James next destination will be involved with contending but also setting himself up for life after basketball.

If that's the case......the Lakers are his choice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are close to Denver in talent and with a few star veterans could jump them.

Speaking of the Nuggets I've enjoyed watching Jokic improve all 3 years he's been in the league. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Boston uniform. He averaged 18/10/6 & for a C hit nearly 40% of his 3's.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Nuggets I've enjoyed watching Jokic improve all 3 years he's been in the league. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Boston uniform. He averaged 18/10/6 & for a C hit nearly 40% of his 3's.

He had some absolutely sick games last season. Triuple double's in like 20-25mpg.

I'd love him on the Lakers but there's no way we could get him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are cuckoo for cocoa puffs as i see teams like the Suns, Twolves, PElicans having much better younger talent- esp. considering the Suns are going to add a major piece in the lotto.

The Lakers need to sign FA's since all three of those teams i think have brighter futures if they just stand pat. I couldnt imagine

and of course that doesnt count teams like Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Blazers which you are obviously counting on some regression from.

I guess what i am saying is that i agree with you that a lot of teams are going to regress----- where i dont agree with you is that i think there are plenty of teams that are down on their luck right now or back end playoff teams like Denver, Minnesota, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah that have a better core of talented young guys and are more prepped for a jump than the Lakers are barring FA signings.

As I said- let me know whod you rather have:

Wiggins, Butler, Towns or Ingram, Ball Kuzma

Jokic, Murray, Gary Harris, lotto pick, vs. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma

Booker, Jackson, high lotto pick (Ayton, Doncic or Bagley) or Ingram, Ball, Kuzma

Dennis Smith Jr., Barnes, high lotto pick (Bamba, Bagley, Jackson) or Ingram, Ball, Kuzma

Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, or Ingram and Ball?

just what teams are the Lakers jumping to get to 50 wins? @tlance ?

Phoenix has great talent but sadly no direction. They have been REBUILDING for what seems like 8-10 years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....they can sign him to whatever his max deal would be once the Lakers sign 2 other max guys. If he waits that long.

That's part of the problem though. I'm not sure he's someone the Lakers would want to give a max to. He's definitely earned himself a fat raise, but I'm not sure he's earned a max deal. Of course, I also don't know what hi max is.

But, yeah Deng would have to be stretched I believe.

I'm pretty sure Deng has to be stretched just to create the space to land 2 max guys.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly losing to Boston might be a blessing in disguise for them.

Was thinking the same thing.

Because of concerns for his legacy, if the Sixers eliminated the Cavs, I don't think he would go to Philly. It would look too much like KD going to the Warriors after they eliminated the Thunder. He saw what the reaction was to that.

Even if it had been well received, it would still look like he was trying to be like KD.

However, if the Sixers don't do what no team has ever done and come back from down 0-3...the optics won't be as bad. They still won't look great because most think the Sixers are a dynasty in the making. But they'll be a lot better than they would if he went after being eliminated by them.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of the problem though. I'm not sure he's someone the Lakers would want to give a max to. He's definitely earned himself a fat raise, but I'm not sure he's earned a max deal. Of course, I also don't know what hi max is.

I'm pretty sure Deng has to be stretched just to create the space to land 2 max guys.

Yeah, you're right on that 2nd part.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching basketball if James goes to Philly.

They would bring back Redick and would be in the Finals next summer, won't win IMO. But in 2020? I think they would.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching basketball if James goes to Philly.

They would bring back Redick and would be in the Finals next summer, won't win IMO. But in 2020? I think they would.

The NBA would do just fine without you watching

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's out out of Cleveland and only give them a 5-10% chance of him staying. I believe the story of the racist email Gilbert accidentally sent to James' agent.

If the alleged racist e-mail turns out to be true, then I agree, he's gone.

Barring that, I see it similar to Wiggy. I'd say 60% he stays in Cleveland, 25% he goes to the Lakers and 15% he goes to Philly. Might even be 20% each for the Lakers and Philly.