• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Charles a moron because he has been talking stupid ever since I have seen him on ESPN. He hates the Lakers and always has something stupid to say about him - I've seen some say the Lakers will finish 3rd - but I have them in the top 4 or 5 subject to the development of Kuzma and Ingram. I think Lonzo Ball could be a lot better - but so far I think LaVar has been a detriment to his development and may continue to be so.

Barkley is a moron. So is Steven A Smith.

Anybody who acts like they know which team will be better is a moron too. It will be very close.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anybody who acts like they know which team will be better is a moron too. It will be very close.

I think it could be close and most likely will be - but I do think LeBron brings more experience than what Denver has. Houston has experience, but I do think the Lakers could end up being second or third seed. Just all depends on if Houston can be just as good. From my experience - there are enough bad and mediocre teams in the NBA to give the Lakers a top 5 seed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it could be close and most likely will be - but I do think LeBron brings more experience than what Denver has. Houston has experience, but I do think the Lakers could end up being second or third seed. Just all depends on if Houston can be just as good. From my experience - there are enough bad and mediocre teams in the NBA to give the Lakers a top 5 seed.

Sure he does.

But what is LeBron's mindset this year? Does he actually play 80 games and try to win MVP, or does he play 70 and just barely do enough for the Lakers to eke into the playoffs?

I don't know the answer to that. Really nobody does, not even LeBron. Because a lot will depend on how the Laker off season acquisitions contribute, and there are a ton of wild cards there.

I can guarantee Denver will try to win every game. They have a lot more to prove than LeBron does this year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he does.

But what is LeBron's mindset this year? Does he actually play 80 games and try to win MVP, or does he play 70 and just barely do enough for the Lakers to eke into the playoffs?

I don't know the answer to that. Really nobody does, not even LeBron. Because a lot will depend on how the Laker off season acquisitions contribute, and there are a ton of wild cards there.

I can guarantee Denver will try to win every game. They have a lot more to prove than LeBron does this year.
Well I will be the first to say that there were a lot of personal reasons for coming to Los Angeles, but I do think he still wants to win and recognizes that the Lakers has been the destination for many all time greats. I think that he has seen and realizes that finishing and winning in Los Angeles would end the question for all time as to being one of the greatest and would place him next to Kareem, Magic and the others. In short he wants to win, but he also realizes that he is running out of time to do that and cannot continue to play at the pace he has in the past - Remember that Magic Johnson came to him with the pitch on the theme of him being surrounded with playmakers and being set up so that he does NOT have to continue to do everything. I personally believe that the longevity of his career and continue to with his greatness depends on him letting other players into the circle of setting up plays, making good shots and giving him some open shots. The first year by his own admission is going to be tough - He has said that it is going to be tough to accept doing less and get used to it, but sees as an important part of his development - so I don't think there is anything wrong with his mind set.

Like I said - There are only two teams that I think can and will compete with the Lakers and it would be absolutely delicious to see the Lakers vs Rockets knock D'antoni out like they did to him in Arizona. I love the idea of history repeating itself.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stephen A Smith(I just checked the spelling - and had it wrong) is not nearly as stupid as Barkley though - but Barkley talks a lot shit just to be a clown - Stephen A is some what racist and allows his political views to cloud his judgement - I have had the displeasure of hearing his broadcast here in Ca some - don't care for him at all

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will be the first to say that there were a lot of personal reasons for coming to Los Angeles, but I do think he still wants to win and recognizes that the Lakers has been the destination for many all time greats. I think that he has seen and realizes that finishing and winning in Los Angeles would end the question for all time as to being one of the greatest and would place him next to Kareem, Magic and the others. In short he wants to win, but he also realizes that he is running out of time to do that and cannot continue to play at the pace he has in the past - Remember that Magic Johnson came to him with the pitch on the theme of him being surrounded with playmakers and being set up so that he does NOT have to continue to do everything. I personally believe that the longevity of his career and continue to with his greatness depends on him letting other players into the circle of setting up plays, making good shots and giving him some open shots. The first year by his own admission is going to be tough - He has said that it is going to be tough to accept doing less and get used to it, but sees as an important part of his development - so I don't think there is anything wrong with his mind set.

Like I said - There are only two teams that I think can and will compete with the Lakers and it would be absolutely delicious to see the Lakers vs Rockets knock D'antoni out like they did to him in Arizona. I love the idea of history repeating itself.

LeBron defintely wants to win.

But he is also smart enough to know it ain't happening this year.

He could put the team on his back for 82 like he did last year and maybe they win 55 and LeBron gets that elusive MVP.

But I could just as easily see him taking a few nights off and coasting a bit to allow the kids to be more hands on. That could result in a mid 40s win total and a low playoff seed.

Again, I think all depends on his mindset. I honestly think more passive LeBron should be what Laker fans want this year. If he goes all out for every regular season win, it might not be for the right reasons.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could put the team on his back for 82 like he did last year and maybe they win 55 and LeBron gets that elusive MVP.

But I could just as easily see him taking a few nights off and coasting a bit to allow the kids to be more hands on. That could result in a mid 40s win total and a low playoff seed.

Again, I think all depends on his mindset. I honestly think more passive LeBron should be what Laker fans want this year. If he goes all out for every regular season win, it might not be for the right reasons.

He knows it's not going to happen in 2019 - I am going to highly unlikely because strange things can happen.

As far as putting the team on his back for 82 games - NO - That is not the plan - although it has been acknowledged that will happen sometimes, Magic Johnson sold LeBron completely on the need to do less and let other players shelter the burden. I think it's possible that Kobe Bryant has said something to LeBron because during the finals - He said flat out that in order to win more championships - LeBron has to do less and get more help. Reportedly - Magic has been signing players that can create their own shot and take some of the pressure on LeBron - I personally thought Phil Jacksons approach to sitting Kobe down and letting him rest when possible is the correct approach - That's going to be a tough mentality for LeBron and he knows it and has acknowledged that as some tough medicine. So far I have liked everything I have heard - all that remains is to see it developed as they said.

FWIW - I said from the beginning that the only way LeBron to the Lakers can work - is a longer term plan in which LeBron lets the other players do more and quits doing everything. My thought and statements on another board was that my approach would be to tell LeBron so and that's exactly what Magic did. It really was the only correct way to approach it and it was a no brainer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think that sitting down and playing less or not at all if it's obvious that the Lakers can't win or have already blown the game out - is THE CORRECT APPROACH. That is how Phil Jackson handled Kobe - it wasn't until D'antoni started playing Kobe for 48 minutes that he went down for the rest of the year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that sitting down and playing less or not at all if it's obvious that the Lakers can't win or have already blown the game out - is THE CORRECT APPROACH. That is how Phil Jackson handled Kobe - it wasn't until D'antoni started playing Kobe for 48 minutes that he went down for the rest of the year.

That is not what I am talking about. Everybody does that.

I am talking about taking maintenance days off throughout the season, which he has done almost every year until last.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not what I am talking about. Everybody does that.

I am talking about taking maintenance days off throughout the season, which he has done almost every year until last.

I'm actually good with that as well and I think it's a good idea to.

Truthfully though, as exciting as it would be to see the Lakers go to the finals, I just want to enjoy the season and see the Lakers enjoy a winning season. I'd be surprised if any of the Lakers fans believes a title is any more then a possibility, but yet you will see them demanding that Luke be fired and players be traded. I SAY just enjoy the season and relax

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thinks the Cavs will win more games than the Lakers.

:lol:
That is debatable, and i don't think anyone on the team is as good as love.

Also so what even if true? He didn't have a good enough team around him to beat GS with Durant when he had Irving and Love...and he was 2 years younger...And now GS has an even better supporting cast with Cousins lol

I don't think anyone is a challenge for the Warriors, barring injury. Houston was close last year, but got worse. There are levels that can be considered a success that fall short of a championship. For the Lakers, making the playoffs would seem a likelihood at this point, but getting home court for the first round would be the extent they could potentially reach. How far they get in the playoffs would then depend on match-ups, but a second round exit would be the expected point at which I would be disappointed as a fan, but understanding as far as where they are coming from.

I've learned to never count out Lebron, but this is a much more stacked conference and there are a lot of new parts to mesh together here.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba Walker Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

For @WiggyRuss since he says Ball can't shoot.

Walker made 36.6% and 30% as a rookie
42% and 32% as a 2nd year player
39% and 33% as a 3rd year player.

Last season?

43% and 38%.

And has been respoectable he last 3 seasons. I bring this up because he says the Lakers would target him next summer if they strike out on other major FA's.

#Playerscan improvetheirshooting

#Facepalm

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last season?

43% and 38%.

And has been respoectable he last 3 seasons. I bring this up because he says the Lakers would target him next summer if they strike out on other major FA's.

#Facepalm

I think it is important to point out that Kemba never shot from the wrong side of his noggin, but yeah, players can defintely improve.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last season?

43% and 38%.

#Facepalm

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is important to point out that Kemba never shot from the wrong side of his noggin, but yeah, players can defintely improve.

Shawn Marion had an unorthodox shot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Marion had an unorthodox shot.

That thing made me physically sick, lol. It looked like he was playing hot potato or something.

Jamaal Wilkes is the awkward shot that always comes to mind for me...

giphy.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last season?

43% and 38%.

#Facepalm

FREE THROWS! FREE THROWS! FREE THROWS!

Kemba his rookie year: 78.9%. Kemba will do what he always does, hit around 85%. You think Lonzo will make 50% this year? Last year he was 45.1%. The kid can play. But that FT% for a PG is troubling. Hopefully for all you Laker fans he'll show some improvement. But he won't fix his FT woes by the start of the season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That thing made me physically sick, lol. It looked like he was playing hot potato or something.

Jamaal Wilkes is the awkward shot that always comes to mind for me...

giphy.gif

giphy (1).gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FREE THROWS! FREE THROWS! FREE THROWS!

Kemba his rookie year: 78.9%. Kemba will do what he always does, hit around 85%. You think Lonzo will make 50% this year? Last year he was 45.1%. The kid can play. But that FT% for a PG is troubling. Hopefully for all you Laker fans he'll show some improvement. But he won't fix his FT woes by the start of the season.

Um..........Ball attempted 1.4 FGA's a game. Like 75-80 for the season....LOL.

Lonzo Ball Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

He made 67% in college......not great but a lot better than what he made as a rookie.