• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean, but don't you think at least a small part of that was LeBron's way to stick it to Dan Gilbert? Paying TT and JR Smith those big contracts?

Besides, it isn't like the Cavs had alternatives. They were over the cap.

Know the 2 don't like each other, but I'm not so sure it was just to stick it to Danny...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know the 2 don't like each other, but I'm not so sure it was just to stick it to Danny...

It was both, IMO. But again, if they hadn't resigned Thompson or Smith, they wouldn't have been able to replace them with anything but minimum contract guys. LeBron's agent used his leverage to inflate the price for sure, and that was absolutely a shot at Gilbert, IMO.

If LeBron was going to play for an owner he hated, he was going to make him pay as much tax as possible. Then, as soon as LeBron signs a 2 year deal, Gilbert goes off the rails by firing Griffin and everything else that happens last summer.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was very honest during his recent interview. The guy was sweating bullets but he was fabulous answering questions. He made no bones about the problem with signing LeBron, George and Leonard. He said that players would have to be traded and that it would take very willing partners to get everything done that needed to be done. And he intimated that he thought that two might be all that he would be able to get fully integrated. But he left me thinking that he would get George and LeBron done this year and make the necessary moves next year for Leonard. Then he literally froze the interview, when he said that his plan to turn the Lakers around was a three year plan 2017, 2018 and 2019 and If he could make a major improvement, he'd step away.

Nothing but respect for him......he's really busting his nuts to make the Lakers the real Lakers.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was very honest during his recent interview. The guy was sweating bullets but he was fabulous answering questions. He made no bones about the problem with signing LeBron, George and Leonard. He said that players would have to be traded and that it would take very willing partners to get everything done that needed to be done. And he intimated that he thought that two might be all that he would be able to get fully integrated. But he left me thinking that he would get George and LeBron done this year and make the necessary moves next year for Leonard. Then he literally froze the interview, when he said that his plan to turn the Lakers around was a three year plan 2017, 2018 and 2019 and If he could make a major improvement, he'd step away.

Nothing but respect for him......he's really busting his nuts to make the Lakers the real Lakers.

If he couldn't sign max FA's this summer or next, he'd step away.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, all these reports aside...as I've said before, if it ends up being only the young guys to come back for a year, I'm good with it

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, all these reports aside...as I've said before, if it ends up being only the young guys to come back for a year, I'm good with it

Not happening. Magic and the Lakers are going big game hunting for FA's this summer......it's going to happen!!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing reports the Lakers AREN’T offering Ingram now. All of this is bs lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a scenario where the Lakers can sign LeBron, Khawi and George this summer?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing reports the Lakers AREN’T offering Ingram now. All of this is bs lol

It's said that the Lakers have 0 leverage but the Spurs are going to get even less if they wait until after free agency, and clearly they aren't impressed with other offers because they are thinking of helping out the Lakers. Magic has also come out and said that there is no pressure to get a superstar in LA this offseason. I feel like the Lakers have enough leverage to keep Kuzma or Ingram now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Just went and watched the premiere of “Power” at Radio City Music Hall. Just letting y’all know: it was off the chain. Can’t-Miss-TV. Catch it Sunday Night on Starz y’all. I’m telling y’all."

-Stephan A Smith

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a scenario where the Lakers can sign LeBron, Khawi and George this summer?

Yep. They'll have to gut most, if not all of their current roster but it's not only possible, it might actually happen.

I even think they might be able to keep Lonzo in that case too.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They'll have to gut most, if not all of their current roster but it's not only possible, it might actually happen.

I even think they might be able to keep Lonzo in that case too.

They can't sign Leonard this summer, moron.....because he isn't a FA....