• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where are all the Rams Fans and what did they do to Stafford?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that one.
I guess with a WC spot locked up, the Rams aren't going to risk playing Stafford for the chance to advance their seed. Essentially saying that they don't care whether they play Dallas or Detroit. We already knew the Niners wouldn't be playing a lot of their starters, but it looks like the Rams will be following suit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with a WC spot locked up, the Rams aren't going to risk playing Stafford for the chance to advance their seed. Essentially saying that they don't care whether they play Dallas or Detroit. We already knew the Niners wouldn't be playing a lot of their starters, but it looks like the Rams will be following suit.
I think it's the right call. Stafford gets hurt that'll kill any chance of advancing in the playoffs. Right now they're a dangerous team to face in the playoffs.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's' the smart move.

In their situation, you have more to gain by treating the game against SF as a bye week and resting guys than fighting over 6th seed in the playoffs.

There isn't a lot of difference between Detroit and Dallas and playing the odds it's unlikely both 6th and 7th seeds advance the first round so your next opponent would be the 49ers even if you had the 6th seed.

The only way you host a home playoff game is in the astronomically low odds of both 6th and 7th seed advancing to the playoffs.

Not to mention you might end up with the 6th seed anyways as they know the 9ers don't have anything to playoff for and are going to pull their punches as well. Sure their starters might play a half but they aren't going to be putting forward some ultra complex gameplan either.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, the secondary needs a lot more than motivation.
You were talking about the rookies? That’s who I was talking about. Secondary needs to step up but the defense overall has been fine unless we turn it over

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were talking about the rookies? That’s who I was talking about. Secondary needs to step up but the defense overall has been fine unless we turn it over

Fuller and Kendrick get burned on a weekly basis. Witherspoon has looked good at times, but that's at least partially in comparison to Kendrick et al.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who is not on that list- Jalen Carter.

Yet, he still gets all the hype.
Jalen Carter doesn’t play next to Aaron Donald. Carter has been really good this season. Just thank God Stafford stole Hurts Pro Bowl nod. Carter is DROTY.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter doesn’t play next to Aaron Donald. Carter has been really good this season. Just thank God Stafford stole Hurts Pro Bowl nod. Carter is DROTY.

LOL, no he only plays with (and behind) Reddick, Cox, Davis, Sweat, Graham, etc. Poor, poor Jalen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, no he only plays with (and behind) Reddick, Cox, Davis, Sweat, Graham, etc. Poor, poor Jalen.
Names. Much of the Eagles issues on defense this year stem from those guys underperforming.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller and Kendrick get burned on a weekly basis. Witherspoon has looked good at times, but that's at least partially in comparison to Kendrick et al.
Yeah Kendrick seems lost at times and other times he makes a play. At least Fuller gets some INTs lately

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. You don’t watch the Eagles and you have no idea how to judge defensive line play.

I can tell you that Kobie Turner has a higher double-team percentage than either Donald or Carter this year. Carter has a higher win percentage than Turner, but trails Turner in elsewhere.

Carter: 15G, 18 T, 12 A, 6 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR, 0 PD, 4.5 STF (9 yards), 1 KB, DT 59%, PRWR 16%
Turner: 16G, 29 T, 28 A, 9 sacks, 0 FF, 0 FR, 2 PD, 6 STF (1 yard), 0 KB, DT 71%, PRWR 11%

Carter has the turnovers (2 fumbles and a blocked kick) and PRWR (but fewer sacks?), but Turner has him beat otherwise.

Pick #89 vs pick #9

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kendrick seems lost at times and other times he makes a play. At least Fuller gets some INTs lately

Those horrendous blown coverages in the first half of the Ravens game cost the Rams the game. Kendrick just doesn't have the speed or quickness to recover when he makes a mistake (or stick with faster receivers).

I've seen rumors that the Rams could pursue Winfield this spring, that would be an excellent addition at safety. Add a CB either via FA and/or day 1 or 2 of the draft and we've got a solid start to the offseason.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you that Kobie Turner has a higher double-team percentage than either Donald or Carter this year. Carter has a higher win percentage than Turner, but trails Turner in elsewhere.

Carter: 15G, 18 T, 12 A, 6 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR, 0 PD, 4.5 STF (9 yards), 1 KB, DT 59%, PRWR 16%
Turner: 16G, 29 T, 28 A, 9 sacks, 0 FF, 0 FR, 2 PD, 6 STF (1 yard), 0 KB, DT 71%, PRWR 11%

Carter has the turnovers (2 fumbles and a blocked kick) and PRWR (but fewer sacks?), but Turner has him beat otherwise.

Pick #89 vs pick #9
Yep. Pulling out stats = you don’t know or understand what you’re seeing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than scouting by the helmet, superfan.
I was critical of the play of numerous Eagles in this discussion and called them “names” that have underperformed. If I was scouting by the helmet I wouldn’t be critical of the others you mentioned earlier. The reality is that you can’t use “stats” to judge or evaluate line play as much as morons in the media try and spoon feed it to people like you.

Carter has been the Eagles best and most consistent DL all year. He's absolutely deserving of DROTY.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was critical of the play of numerous Eagles in this discussion and called them names. The reality is that you can’t use “stats” to judge or evaluate line play as much as morons in the media try and spoon feed it to people like you.

Carter has been the Eagles best and most consistent DL all year. He's absolutely deserving of DROTY.

I'm just noting two DTs, Anderson is also in the discussion and could get the nod (flashier position). DBs Branch and Porter Jr get name recognition, but aren't being recognized as such (at least in the betting odds).