• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When you have 3 all-stars on 1 team

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, the OP does have somewhat a point. You don't know how Klay will adjust to being the 3rd guy. On paper, one doesn't have much a choice but to pick GS to win the west. But, this team is far from flawless.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, the OP does have somewhat a point. You don't know how Klay will adjust to being the 3rd guy. On paper, one doesn't have much a choice but to pick GS to win the west. But, this team is far from flawless.

I might regret opening my big mouth here, but whatev...

There are flaws with this GS team. No top-notch playmaker - This could be viewed as either a good or bad thing. And depth. They had to sacrifice Bogut, Ezeli, Speights, and Barbosa in order to land KD.

Right now I got them at 64 wins, but it's subject to change obviously.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might regret opening my big mouth here, but whatev...

There are flaws with this GS team. No top-notch playmaker - This could be viewed as either a good or bad thing. And depth. They had to sacrifice Bogut, Ezeli, Speights, and Barbosa in order to land KD.

Right now I got them at 64 wins, but it's subject to change obviously.

No team is without flaws, but this team is pretty close when 100% healthy.

OP has no point at all. Comparing this team to LeBron's groups is like comparing a rhinoceros to a monkey. There are no similarities beyond the fact that they both have multiple talented players.

Also, I get a kick out of the low 60s win projections. They won't likely get anywhere close to 73, but not because they aren't good enough. Expect plenty of rest for stars throughout the season, especially Curry and Durant.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must know an awful lot about this.

BRAVO102715-1.jpg

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is without flaws, but this team is pretty close when 100% healthy.

OP has no point at all. Comparing this team to LeBron's groups is like comparing a rhinoceros to a monkey. There are no similarities beyond the fact that they both have multiple talented players.

Also, I get a kick out of the low 60s win projections. They won't likely get anywhere close to 73, but not because they aren't good enough. Expect plenty of rest for stars throughout the season, especially Curry and Durant.

I know the OP has a history of trolling, but I think his point was that they won't be able to withstand an injury as well as they would have last year. Brandon Rush had also made some spot starts last year for Harrison Barnes, and I had forgotten to mention him in my list of players they had to sacrifice for Durant...

So really, that's five players of depth they won't have this year.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay could be the #1 option this season if both fragile Durant and Curry get injured again lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron won't get injured because he's on the juice.:D

He might be but then so are the others and they get hurt some. Among LeBron's many incredible skills is not getting hurt.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay could be the #1 option this season if both fragile Durant and Curry get injured again lol

Only injuries can stop the Warriors, so I can see why other teams' fans are hanging their hat on it. It's all they got. At full strength the Warriors are probably a 60-70% chance to win the title.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the OP has a history of trolling, but I think his point was that they won't be able to withstand an injury as well as they would have last year. Brandon Rush had also made some spot starts last year for Harrison Barnes, and I had forgotten to mention him in my list of players they had to sacrifice for Durant...

Yes they lost some depth and interior defense, but gained more on offensive efficiency and flexibility. Their 2nd unit will always have 2 allstars on the floor vs other teams with 1 or none, so they don't need the depth to go as deep.

As I've said previously, no way this team gets outscored more than 20% of the time in the regular season, and perhaps 30% of the time in the postseason.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they lost some depth and interior defense, but gained more on offensive efficiency and flexibility. Their 2nd unit will always have 2 allstars on the floor vs other teams with 1 or none, so they don't need the depth to go as deep.

As I've said previously, no way this team gets outscored more than 20% of the time in the regular season, and perhaps 30% of the time in the postseason.

Agree. Who the heck gives a damn about DEPTH when you have 4 freaking ALLSTARS in their prime on your team, with 2 league MVP players...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF are you talking about? The Warriors lineups last season were the following:

Bogut
Green
Barnes
Thompson
Curry

Bench:
Iggy
Livingston
Barbosa
Ezeli
Speights (sparingly)

This season they'll roll out the following:

Pachulia
Green
Durant
Thompson
Curry

Bench:
Iggy
Livingston
West

Rush played sparingly if at all on this team. Clark will likely be the next person up to fill the Barbosa/Rush role on this team. They're basically short 1 player from their previous rotation. When you replace Durant with Barnes, that's an easy decision to live with.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only injuries can stop the Warriors, so I can see why other teams' fans are hanging their hat on it. It's all they got. At full strength the Warriors are probably a 60-70% chance to win the title.

You can't blame the masses. It's what they have to cling their hope to. You can imagine that Cavs fans have brought out their ruby slippers and clicked their heels together repeating continuously that Durant will get injured.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Who the heck gives a damn about DEPTH when you have 4 freaking ALLSTARS in their prime on your team, with 2 league MVP players...

The Heat trotted out 3 all-stars in 2011 with a bunch of scrubs while Miller and UD were injured. Had they not choked in game 2, they probably would've been champs. This whole "lack of depth" narrative that the Cavs contingent keeps trying to push down our throats wreaks of desperation. Similar to how Hurricane "I'm in need of testosterone therapy" Dij tried to convince us that he turned down pussy the other day.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bogut
Green
Barnes
Thompson
Curry

Bench:
Iggy
Livingston
Barbosa
Ezeli
Speights (sparingly)

Pachulia
Green
Durant
Thompson
Curry

Bench:
Iggy
Livingston
West

Rush played sparingly if at all on this team. Clark will likely be the next person up to fill the Barbosa/Rush role on this team. They're basically short 1 player from their previous rotation. When you replace Durant with Barnes, that's an easy decision to live with.

You forgot the 3rd MVP on their team... Javale McGee

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bogut
Green
Barnes
Thompson
Curry

Bench:
Iggy
Livingston
Barbosa
Ezeli
Speights (sparingly)

Pachulia
Green
Durant
Thompson
Curry

Bench:
Iggy
Livingston
West

You're fooling yourself if you think Pachulia is going to start for a team that won 73 last year. You watch - Kerr is going to start Iggy with Draymond playing the 5. And West??? Give me a fucking break. Guy has been a liability ever since his final season here in Indiana...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to how Hurricane "I'm in need of testosterone therapy" Dij tried to convince us that he turned down pussy the other day.

Im fairly certain at this point that Todd has never seen a naked woman in his life

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fooling yourself if you think Pachulia is going to start for a team that won 73 last year. You watch - Kerr is going to start Iggy with Draymond playing the 5. And West??? Give me a fucking break. Guy has been a liability ever since his final season here in Indiana...

Pachulia just needs to be an inside presence and defender for the Warriors. There's a reason the Dubs traded for him. The lineup you mentioned is probably going to be their small ball lineup, but Pachulia will start. And for 10-15 minutes, West should be able to contribute as a big man.