• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When all is said and done, a comment about the board

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I kind of lucrk through some of the other message boards devoted to Virginia Tech, I am blown away by the total "jump off the cliff", "chicken little" attitude. Fire everyone... Screw everyone....

It kind of blows my mind that adults can act like this, but it is commonplace.

We have absolutely NONE of that here, and I love it. We are disappointed, frustrated and rightfully pissed off, but we are presenting our frustrations in a relatively calm and well thought out manner and having very good discussions on it. That is what I love on this board.

Good (not great) season, especially for a rebuilding year. Heartbreaking and underwhelming finish, for sure....

The defense in 2012 is going to be flat nasty and LT will be one year better. We have a ton to look forward to.

Thanks for all of the contributions and let's keep it going

GO HOKIES!!!

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I can't stand the gloom and doom bullshit people crank out on other boards. Mostly just a bunch of self entitled morons.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought LT was phenominal last night. i apologize for hating on him early in the season.

they should have thrown downfield more cause he couldn't be stopped.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought LT was phenominal last night. i apologize for hating on him early in the season.

they should have thrown downfield more cause he couldn't be stopped.
He did miss a few on a few our deep throws, but not by much and its always better to overthrow a WR then to underthrow one. Our WRs abused the secondary and Logan Thomas was accurate in getting them the football. He was clearly much better than Robinson.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the game last night with a couple close friends, my brother, and several acquaintances (all VT fans) and some of those people just fit that kinda gloom and doom mold. I asked one of them after he repeatedly claimed Beamer would never get us that elusive NC, who he would replace Beamer with?? He didn't really have a good response. Bud Foster was thrown out there, a couple others. Really who would VT be able to get?? I told him probably the hot flavor of the year on the East Coast. A Randy Edsall/Kevin Sumlin/Frees type of hire who would NOT take VT to the next level and would arguably run the program into the ground or at least set it back 5-10 years. I can be very critical of some of the coaches (Beamer included) at times, but we are lucky to have a good group. MOST of them I wouldnt trade for their counterpart at a top 5 SEC school. Some people just like to have something to complain about.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cheers to all that has been said in this thread...win or lose we are still Hokies.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Well there goes my "Why we should fire Frank Beamer ASAP" thread idea.

<_<

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, I feel like you could totally start a thread like that here and have a decent discussion. People are just smarter and more respectful here than other places. We have little spats and all but everyone realizes it is a sports discussion and we would love to sit down and drink with everyone else.

I think the key is respect and perspective.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think we should Fire Frank? No. Do I think we will ever win a NC with Frank? Also no. Just my honest opinion.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As I kind of lucrk through some of the other message boards devoted to Virginia Tech, I am blown away by the total "jump off the cliff", "chicken little" attitude. Fire everyone... Screw everyone....

We have absolutely NONE of that here, and I love it. We are disappointed, frustrated and rightfully pissed off, but we are presenting our frustrations in a relatively calm and well thought out manner and having very good discussions on it. That is what I love on this board.

Good (not great) season, especially for a rebuilding year. Heartbreaking and underwhelming finish, for sure....

The defense in 2012 is going to be flat nasty and LT will be one year better. We have a ton to look forward to.

Thanks for all of the contributions and let's keep it going

GO HOKIES!!!

It's the one reason I stay away from Rivals and Techsidelines on gamedays. There are so many NATT people there that when we do have a bad game, they relish in it. Even on good gamedays, there are those who cannot be pleased.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would support a foster takeover.. JMO

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree.

I don't think VT should fire Beamer, and I believe a NC is always just around the corner with him.

I think VT is as close as they've ever been, but they will need a great offensive line and a dependable running game. In the big games this year against Clemson and Michigan, the running game wasn't quite as solid as they needed. VT will need some good wide receivers, but they do have Davis, who has a lot of potential.

They need several WRs with great hands.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO HOKIES!!!

I agree for the most part...but I do remember posting, telling people to chill the fuck out while guys were posting about "Giving Leal more of a chance...LT ISN'T a Quarterback" after the ECU game.

For the most part, this place is head and shoulders above TSL in that regard though

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think we should Fire Frank? No. Do I think we will ever win a NC with Frank? Also no. Just my honest opinion.

I agree with this. I think it has more to due with Franks inability to fire Newsome, Steiny, et al. more so than him being able to from a pure coaching point.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VT Scores,

The fact that the running game wasn't as good against the 2 toughest defenses we faced should be expected. No offense to us, but the rest of schedule had cupcake defenses. I think we would all agree that we couldn't get any better at RB than we were this year, I don't care how good of an offensive line you have, when Michigan was putting 8-9 guys in the box on 1st and 2nd down, you aren't going to run successfully against that kind of defense.

Michigan gave us 1-on-1 man coverage ALL NIGHT long on the BEST recieving corps in Virginia Tech history. There comes a time when you have to realize that you can't just run the ball until it works and instead attack what the defense gives you. Clearly O'Cain game-planned that through the first half and we threw the ball up and down the field against Michigan. But like every big game, we deviated from the opponent-specific game plan and just decided to run straight into a brick wall over, and over, and over again.

Does anybody think it was O'cain's decision to abandon the pass? Most certainly not. He's a QB coach who loves to sling the ball around, and we have run more spread sets with O'cain here than we ever have. We used to be primarily a pro-set i-form offense.

The big man up top makes those decisions, and unfortunately that's why we see a game philosophy that is outdated. I believed for years, that after each BCS loss, and each major game we threw away that each time that Frank would see the changes in philosophy that have to be made to keep up with the Clemson's, Oregon's, and SEC program's of today. Unfortunately it STILL hasn't changed, and people like VTFF and me and others around the program have realized that Frank is Frank, and he is going to stick to his way of doing things whether the climate has changed or not.

That said, who knows if we could bring in anyone better. I'm still rooting for Frank and hoping that he gets it this time, but unfortunately I just don't think he'll see the changes that need to be made after this many years of the same result. So I have to agree with VTFF, that I don't think we will ever win an MNC under Frank.

Thanks to Frank we are the winningest program in the country since 1995. That is an unbelievable achievment for our program from a HOF coach.......

...Unfortunately we only have 1 win in a BCS bowl to show for it...

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear we just need to go out and get an O-line that actually consists of O-linemen instead of this "athletic line" Tight End crap. I'll take the guys that played the position in high school and are built to play in the trenches thanks.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear we just need to go out and get an O-line that actually consists of O-linemen instead of this "athletic line" Tight End crap. I'll take the guys that played the position in high school and are built to play in the trenches thanks.
I don't understand this mentality and myth that Virginia Tech fans believe.
Of our Oline this year
Andrew Miller
Blake Dechristopher
Jaymes Brooks
were not TE's in high school

Andrew Lanier- played TE in high school but he was especially known in high school for blocking. Also, do you really say a 6'5" 300+ lb guy isn't built to play tackle? Its not really a big jump from a blocking TE to a tackle.

Greg Nosal- played TE in high school but again was especially known for blocking and listed in recruiting services as an olinemen. Again 6'6" and 300 lbs and he's not good enough to play linemen?

I understand we want bigger faster linemen, but its not like we have Bo Gentry sized linemen starting.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this mentality and myth that Virginia Tech fans believe.
Of our Oline this year
Andrew Miller
Blake Dechristopher
Jaymes Brooks
were not TE's in high school

Andrew Lanier- played TE in high school but he was especially known in high school for blocking. Also, do you really say a 6'5" 300+ lb guy isn't built to play tackle? Its not really a big jump from a blocking TE to a tackle.

Greg Nosal- played TE in high school but again was especially known for blocking and listed in recruiting services as an olinemen. Again 6'6" and 300 lbs and he's not good enough to play linemen?

I understand we want bigger faster linemen, but its not like we have Bo Gentry sized linemen starting.

Not talking about the guys so much as I am the mentality of Newsome. It's like our offense has bad spark plugs and is constantly misfiring. I don't know. Just rambling at this point (might be the alcohol).