• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's your funniest moment from 2013 FF this year?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide Sleepers League:

Drafted (was stuck with) Matt Flynn, Oakland Raiders QB1. Figured he'd at least get a chance to throw 40x a game. Gets cut, picked up by Bills, cut, and then back to where it all began, Green Bay.

Where he is now settling in as their QB1 until Rodgers' return, which could be next season. A little too late there buddy!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide Sleepers League:

Drafted (was stuck with) Matt Flynn, Oakland Raiders QB1. Figured he'd at least get a chance to throw 40x a game. Gets cut, picked up by Bills, cut, and then back to where it all began, Green Bay.

Where he is now settling in as their QB1 until Rodgers' return, which could be next season. A little too late there buddy!

Sorry Monkey mine may be just Reading that...:L

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't funny to me but I imagine you guys will get a kick out of it (I have posted this giant-ass mistake before) but I drafted Moreno and Stacy at the back end of money league and dropped Moreno for Patton and Stacy for Franklin. Meanwhile back at the ranch my RB1 and RB2 get hurt and are on IR.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Tlance losing Crabtree while we were still drafting in the suicide league. Or finishing seventh in a 12-team money league despite leading in PF and being second by one game in all-play.

Last year's was when I started Demaryius, Denarius and Danario as my WR corps.

(Not really FF, and not this year, but the Sanchez butt fumble towers over everything.)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't funny to me but I imagine you guys will get a kick out of it (I have posted this giant-ass mistake before) but I drafted Moreno and Stacy at the back end of money league and dropped Moreno for Patton and Stacy for Franklin. Meanwhile back at the ranch my RB1 and RB2 get hurt and are on IR.

Ouch. .... my not funny to me brain-farts were believing in Doug Martin, David Wilson and Trent Richardson in various drafts - seems like a bad dream now - - oh, and in the first rd of playoffs starting Stafford in a blizzard with Rivers on my bench in sunny California. ....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting Mark Ingram one week on a Thursday who got me 3 points then I kicked myself the rest of that week for not starting Bobby Rainey instead until Sunday came and Rainey put up a grand total of 3 points as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting stacy, moreno, and woodhead in a ppr leage and dropping them!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got stacy back though.............

what else........

having two top 10 qbs in rodgers and bradford and both getting hurt..........

david wilson hype

starting andre holmes in a crucial thanksgiving day matchup in a ppr league and him going off..........

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting andre holmes in a crucial thanksgiving day matchup in a ppr league and him going off..........

that would have pissed me off! I could see it now, Thanksgiving morning, laughing at my opponent that has Holmes starting, hahahaha.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy in our auction league blew most of his budget on AP, Martin and Brady. Wasn't funny on draft night, but by week 5 it was hilarious.

He's not in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Tlance losing Crabtree while we were still drafting in the suicide league. Or finishing seventh in a 12-team money league despite leading in PF and being second by one game in all-play.

Last year's was when I started Demaryius, Denarius and Danario as my WR corps.

(Not really FF, and not this year, but the Sanchez butt fumble towers over everything.)

Thanks for reminding me Wil. Worst draft pick ever considering that by the time he returned, Rodgers was out and my hopes up in flames?

I did not have a clear answer for this thread until reading your post. I had more or less forgotten about that!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is kind of fantasy football related, but I got the biggest kick out of something Peyton Manning said in an ESPN article. They went into great detail about the neck problems and how it affected the nerves in his arms and throwing the football effectively. Finally a reporter said to him that he seems to throw a lot of "wobbly" passes now ever since the injury. Peyton kind of looked down and said, "Yes I do throw a lot of wobbly passes now . . . but I also throw a lot of wobbly touchdowns." I thought that was awesome.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, at the end of the Ravens game last week when they were interviewing Justin Tucker he said that he was glad the team won and he was really happy he made all 6 field goals including the 61 yarder. Then he said that he was also really happy because that helped his fantasy football team out. I thought that was great for him to say on Monday Night Football and also that he has the confidence to own himself in his league. Good for him.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Days before the season started I checked the add/drop box for Julius Thomas but didn't hit submit....fell asleep, and woke up to him being picked up by someone else. I ended up getting Vernon Davis in a trade so it worked out for me in my fantasy playoffs....but I was steamed after that 1st game when Thomas went OFF

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The week Cutler went down I was debating on starting him or Stafford based on the defenses they were facing. I opted to start Cutler against that ugly Redskins D instead of Stafford against that stout Bengals defense. Cutler gets injured and lands me a whopping 1.8 while Stafford was tucked away nicely on my bench with 60.

I did manage to pull out the win though.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting laughed at for taking Jamaal Charles #2 overall and a suspended Josh Gordon with my last draft (15 pick league). Playing in the finals this weekend.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Getting laughed at for taking Jamaal Charles #2 overall and a suspended Josh Gordon with my last draft (15 pick league). Playing in the finals this weekend.

Those are very savvy moves. You wouldn't get laughed at in any of my leagues for that.