• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats Wrong with NFL Football?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thursday, 1 sunday night, 1 late game, 2 early games usually

Lol. Yep. You are right. It's five. Weird thing....I can't even get NBC to pick up on my antenna. So I never see that game. That might be why I'm thinking four.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is the biggest thing wrong with the NFL which is not even listed is the commercials.

You're right...that's not listed in the 12. But it is discussed in there. How a litany of things makes the average game over three hours. For 60 minutes of clock time. I liked some of the ideas they had. Like working 20 second spots in during replay delays and at other lulls. You work enough of those quick hits in during game and you can take some commercials out.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Over saturation
-Bad match-ups
-Terrible officiating

-It's tough being the king, AKA the top dog,

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't want the NFL to be safer and yet the NFL has to go in that direction. For every person who says they don't like when players get injured there are 10 more who only want bone crushing hits and people getting wrecked.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't want the NFL to be safer and yet the NFL has to go in that direction. For every person who says they don't like when players get injured there are 10 more who only want bone crushing hits and people getting wrecked.

I absolutely agree the bloodsport vs safety is a polarizing debate. That said...I can't see it being 10 to 1.

Most I know are like me. I cheered the viscious hits in the past. There is a primal aspect to it that red blooded Americans respond to. And I still enjoy a good hit. But now logic jumps in and adds "I hope they are all right" along with it.

When they bounce up all is good. When they have to be helped off the field....and sometimes come back two plays later....that doesn't leave a good taste.

Another point mentioned in the article/discussion was how doctors that evaluate players in game should be independent and not on the hire of the team. And really.....it is about time for that. Sure there will be times of "that damn doctor wouldn't let Big Ben come back in". But that's minor compared to the spectacle of a punch drunk, runner legged guy bumbling back onto the field. Seen that enough.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well I'm 61. I'm not an instant gratification sort of guy, never really have been. I don't have a phone trying to update me on shit. Don't need it because I'm watching....

My Sunday starts around 7 AM (Pacific) as I watch NFL network while on elliptical unit. After shower I watch the ESPN boys pregame. Recorded of course so I can avoid any fucking reference to fantasy football....

Then I set up the 4 games I'm going to record, and start in.

A nice lunch break, maybe get my work lunch made for Monday, do the cat shit box, etc.

Then back to the afternoon line up. Maybe a few bowls in front of the fireplace. Happy hour is soon, pregame for the night game shortly, then the night game which I get finished with in a little over 1 hour.

Then it's HBO time.....

You're like everything future me hopes to be in 20 years.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many flags... Seems like there is a flag on every other play...

This! I'm bringing up lots of things wrong with the game. But this needs to be first. I will make the effort to find a game and stick with it if that fucking nonsense is fixed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're like everything future me hopes to be in 20 years.

Best part is I'm at home, not in a bar or wherever, the missus gives ZERO static and she has maybe watched 2 complete games of any sport with me on TV in the 44 years we have been associated, 39 hitched.

And I don't just watch football....

But you have to keep the yard spiffy, the cars clean and maintained, all the Honey Do list things. Quid pro quo.....

Kitchen just got re-done.

No ulterior motive on my part but when I need that new 80" TV I expect no issues.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! I'm bringing up lots of things wrong with the game. But this needs to be first. I will make the effort to find a game and stick with it if that fucking nonsense is fixed.

The officials are "over achieving". Like a traffic cop out racking up speeding tickets.....

No rhyme nor reason to a lot of penalties.

Affecting the play? High focus.

Shit on the other side of the field? Fugeddabowdit......

Unless it's egregious.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem with the NFL: the Bears suck.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong with the NFL. Y'all are bitching about the details of a superior product. It's like bimmer fans moaning about the lack of on center steering these days. They continue to consume a high-end product and then bitch about the evolution of that product in its attempt to gain more followers. Get a grip, I say.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong with the NFL. Y'all are bitching about the details of a superior product. It's like bimmer fans moaning about the lack of on center steering these days. They continue to consume a high-end product and then bitch about the evolution of that product in its attempt to gain more followers. Get a grip, I say.

Only one problem....I'm not consuming nearly as much of the product as I was just two years ago. And I know many around me who say the same.

If this is what you would agree is evolving to take on my viewers....just wow.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one problem....I'm not consuming nearly as much of the product as I was just two years ago. And I know many around me who say the same.

If this is what you would agree is evolving to take on my viewers....just wow.
Completely respect your opinion, point is that if you that disappointed, well it would be your choice to watch.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But throwing a flag is the correct call and that's what we should be teaching players. Instead of teaching players how to play properly teams teach them how to cheat such as holding on Offense or grabbing an arm or jersey on defense and get away with it. The famous line of "you can holding on every play if you want too" is just accepted as it is but no one is showing players how to play correctly and not do that.

If every illegal play or hold was called then sure fans would be pissed until teams started teaching players not to do that.

Fans get pissed at all the flags but if the refs see something the should throw a flag until teams stop doing it

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:rolleyes2:

Nobody gives a f**k about concussions except lawyers and people who want to make the NFL look evil.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had Sunday Ticket since it was available in my area in 1998. Can't imagine living without it. Zero interest in watching anywhere other than my recroom on a proper TV. Zero interest in streaming, phones, etc.

I'm a patient fellow, I watch at least 6 games in the entirety on a Sunday before the night game. I can record up to 6 at once and while I have to leave one "port" open for the missus, and maybe one for a car race, I almost always have 4 AM games to watch and similar in the afternoon.

I don't do commercials, half times, etc.

The only thing that bothers me about the NFL is officiating. The variation of officiating game to game.

And Roger....

And Thursday Night games could stop and I'd be OK with that. Hard to fit in all my regular TV viewing with 3 night games a week.

The SUN Tkt works for you and it works for a lot of people which is why ATT/DTV spent billions to keep it exclusively.

I was in that same boat for a decade plus too...the last 2 years not so much...I was watching about 8 Steeler games that were not on local TV and a few other games...imo not really enough to justify the cost...I can stream games on my TV as it has a web browser built in and good internet speed...is it the same as a TV telecast? No, but for $20 for the season vs $200+ I'm fine with it.

As some point DTV will realize that PPV games is the way to go...when they do I will revisit it then.

At the end of the day, it's discretionary income...i.e. not a right or wrong way to go about it.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iu

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong withe NFL football?

One word.

Catering.

Most stadium food sucks, and we should not stand for such poor quality.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I never watch live, Almost live but never have to view commercials or half times or anything I don't want to.

I was you for a long time, going back to the VCR era I would record and watch with the FF button. Sitting through commercials was unacceptable and like you I don't have interest in using a phone or tablet during the breaks. But with Red Zone Channel I now prefer the 2 TV set up with the Redskins live and RZC on the other. But how do you record games running simultaniously and then watch them consecutively? Don't you see the scores of the games you are about to watch?