• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's up guys.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Longtime Giants fan, just joined. Found this forum on google and it looks like this is a well structured forum with a lot of good Giants discussion. Seems like everyone here is kinda close so figured I would say hello and introduce myself before posting.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longtime Giants fan, just joined. Found this forum on google and it looks like this is a well structured forum with a lot of good Giants discussion. Seems like everyone here is kinda close so figured I would say hello and introduce myself before posting.

Cool - how long have you been a fan?

*Like the Tidrow reference, he's a San Franciscan, local guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Been a fan since the 89' season when I was 5 years old. Okay, maybe not longtime :D but Will the Thrill's style of play and growing up in the Bay Area got me hooked.

I love me some Tidrow as well. If you ask me he's one of the brighter spots in our front office. I have no idea where this team would be if it wasn't for him finding Matt Cains, Tim Lincecums, and Jonathan Sanchez'. Plus he's got a face that screams BAMF, lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Tidrow. We all migrated from the ESPN board, so expect alot of gossip talk about the goings-on of that board.

That said, the actual baseball-related threads here are very solid and offer great insight (incite?)...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Welcome Tidrow. We all migrated from the ESPN board, so expect alot of gossip talk about the goings-on of that board.

That said, the actual baseball-related threads here are very solid and offer great insight (incite?)...

Oh gotcha. Yeah seems like there is some history with you guys. I post every once in awhile on Mccovey Chronicles but sometimes SB Nation's format can drive me nuts, especially their game threads.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gotcha. Yeah seems like there is some history with you guys. I post every once in awhile on Mccovey Chronicles but sometimes SB Nation's format can drive me nuts, especially their game threads.

I've been there. and on rundown. and checked out yahoo's msg board.

Each offer something different.

This is probably the cleanest format for threads and maybe the most interactive.

Plus, it's troll-free. Oh and you can fucking cuss without getting lectured (useful, especially during rally killing DPs)..which reminds me "wake the fuck up offense!" ok, thank you, that is all.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see what you did there....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's SORT of a San Franciscan, but he grew up in Hayward (Mt. Eden High).

It's all about the High School.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hi, buddy. Welcome aboard. I came along as a Giants fan just before you. I started following them just at the right time, the 1987 season. Will Clark was everyone's hero then and it's good to see that he maintains a relationship with the team and the fans up until this day. I think he was the grand marshal at the Pumpkin Festival a couple year ago. Roger Craig, Robby Thompson, Caveman Don Robinson and company will always bring back fond memories.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Welcome aboard Tidrow.

So where did you fall on the epic Fred Lewis debates at McCovey Chronicles?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard Tidrow.

If it weren't for those bunions, Fred Lewis woulda been a poor man's Willie Mays.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Welcome aboard Tidrow.

Ha. Yeah that was quite the topic. Personally I always loved his tools but never thought he was going to be a star. I thought he had a chance to OPS around .800 and be an okay player but I got tired of his defense. I think Krukow said it best once, he was a football player in a baseball player's body.

The pouting turned me off and I wasn't to sad to see him go, although I thought we could have got more than 75,000.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ha. Yeah that was quite the topic. Personally I always loved his tools but never thought he was going to be a star. I thought he had a chance to OPS around .800 and be an okay player but I got tired of his defense. I think Krukow said it best once, he was a football player in a baseball player's body.

The pouting turned me off and I wasn't to sad to see him go, although I thought we could have got more than 75,000.

Well, only a few teams showed any interest at all. Not surprised that Lewis started pouting in Toronto too, and the last I heard he may not be tendered unless he accepts a back-up role with a better attitude.

But, you're right, he's toolsy - hits the ball hard when he hits it, but the poor D combined with the attitude just blows for me.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, you chose the right board to come to. The other board drove all the good posters away, so you can expect great baseball talk w/out nonsense and madness.

Go Giants!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome aboard Dick.....

Tidrow :D

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ah, very true.

Just how some south city folks tried to claim as being from San Francisco, lol.

Went to Lowell myself =)

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

LOL. A real San Franciscan has no idea where Hayward is.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, very true.

Just how some south city folks tried to claim as being from San Francisco, lol.

Went to Lowell myself =)

Me too. All the best people did. When I was in grad school in the Midwest, folks used to say "I'm from SF." When I'd ask "what HS" they'd invariably say "oh, not IN SF, but near. I went to Bellermine, Piedmont," etc.

Fucking poseurs....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. All the best people did. When I was in grad school in the Midwest, folks used to say "I'm from SF." When I'd ask "what HS" they'd invariably say "oh, not IN SF, but near. I went to Bellermine, Piedmont," etc.

Fucking poseurs....

LOL, dude, I don't think I'm a poser and I used to say that. When I went to visit my buddy in Philly (he went to Villanova) nobody knew where the Feck San Mateo was. Then I had to say it was in California and then what part of California.....it was easier just to say SF.

Being the good Phily people that they were, they then proceeded to ask if I was gay of course (since EVERYBODY is from San Francisco). I then changed my answer after the 100th time to "I'm from 15 minutes south of gay".