• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's up guys.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL, dude, I don't think I'm a poser and I used to say that. When I went to visit my buddy in Philly (he went to Villanova) nobody knew where the Feck San Mateo was. Then I had to say it was in California and then what part of California.....it was easier just to say SF.

Being the good Phily people that they were, they then proceeded to ask if I was gay of course (since EVERYBODY is from San Francisco). I then changed my answer after the 100th time to "I'm from 15 minutes south of gay".

I spent some time in the mid-west and mid-atlantic regions - my standard answer to the "you're from SF then you must be gay question" was, "no, all the gays move there from the mid-west".

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent some time in the mid-west and mid-atlantic regions - my standard answer to the "you're from SF then you must be gay question" was, "no, all the gays move there from the mid-west".

Mine was always "why, you wanna hook up?"

Homophobes hate that.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, awesome. Yeah, I was not overly impressed with a lot of the people I met in some of my stops back East. Don't get me wrong there were lots of good people too.....just lots of bigots and homophobes.....just like Fresno.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol, awesome. Yeah, I was not overly impressed with a lot of the people I met in some of my stops back East. Don't get me wrong there were lots of good people too.....just lots of bigots and homophobes.....just like Fresno.

Fresno == midwest.

The thing that surprised me the most about the mid-atlantic baptist bible thumping country is all the adultery being engaged in.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno == midwest.

The thing that surprised me the most about the mid-atlantic baptist bible thumping country is all the adultery being engaged in.

You're easily surprised then.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, dude, I don't think I'm a poser and I used to say that. When I went to visit my buddy in Philly (he went to Villanova) nobody knew where the Feck San Mateo was. Then I had to say it was in California and then what part of California.....it was easier just to say SF.

Being the good Phily people that they were, they then proceeded to ask if I was gay of course (since EVERYBODY is from San Francisco). I then changed my answer after the 100th time to "I'm from 15 minutes south of gay".

Yeah, and the funny thing is that the vast majority (over 90% IIRC) of all gay folks in the City are from somewhere else. Like Philly.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAM!!

Post...of...the...DAY!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HAAAAA!

Now I've got coffee all over my 'puter.

Fucker.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. All the best people did. When I was in grad school in the Midwest, folks used to say "I'm from SF." When I'd ask "what HS" they'd invariably say "oh, not IN SF, but near. I went to Bellermine, Piedmont," etc.

Fucking poseurs....

Although anyone who went to Bellermine IS a poser (can you tell I went to St Francis?)... Those of us from the south bay only answer "San Francisco" because no one knows where the F San Jose, Santa Clara, Mt View etc actually are...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although anyone who went to Bellermine IS a poser (can you tell I went to St Francis?)... Those of us from the south bay only answer "San Francisco" because no one knows where the F San Jose, Santa Clara, Mt View etc actually are...

I always just said "the San Francisco area" when I was livin' in Ohio.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you probably grew up in Vacaville. :D.

Close, but I grew up mostly in Vallejo (hey, we're still on the water). I also lived in LA and South San Francisco (near Daly City). My first ever baseball game was a Dodgers exhibition game against a college team. I think Fernando Valenzuela pitched. Thankfully, I didn't convert, as I was too young to really even care about sports. I didn't become a fan until I lived in South San Francisco. Lived right next to the Cow Palace. My dad, little brother and I used to bike to Candlestick Point. I lost a kite there.

It's funny, but I've heard of people living all the way out in Sacramento who claim they live in the Bay Area.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, but I grew up mostly in Vallejo (hey, we're still on the water). I also lived in LA and South San Francisco (near Daly City). My first ever baseball game was a Dodgers exhibition game against a college team. I think Fernando Valenzuela pitched. Thankfully, I didn't convert, as I was too young to really even care about sports. I didn't become a fan until I lived in South San Francisco. Lived right next to the Cow Palace. My dad, little brother and I used to bike to Candlestick Point. I lost a kite there.

It's funny, but I've heard of people living all the way out in Sacramento who claim they live in the Bay Area.

Oh yeah, they do that. In fairness though, wouldn't you if you had to live in Sacremento? :). (It actually has gotten a lot nicer out there. My cousin is raising her family in a really nice part of Sac that isn't super expensive)

Cool stories. I miss The City (and the Bay Area). When I lived there, I worked with a guy that never took time off, and he would always say, "Why do I need a vacation? I live where people vacation." (That's Gus at the House of Prime Rib for you uber-locals, great man).

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cow palace! My folks moved to a place near the Cow palace when I was 7.

I used to take the 15 to get to pier 39 for my first high school gig (1 hour photo, best summer job ever! *amazed at how many people would take their xxx pictures to be developed there, lol).