• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the over/under on J. Gruden's tenure here?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that we've seen the best from him? Can he adjust his system to fit his personnel? Is SM really his most ardent backer considering Gruden was not his choice? Can he maintain the confidence of his players, after an initial season of publicly calling some of them out? Will an anxious fan base and local media types stay patient in the face of another lost season? Can Dan Snyder also stick with his coach and /or afford to hang up yet another "vacancy" sign in DC?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it depends on how the offense looks this year. IF its another year of sub 20's football, Jay is out. SO unless we look like Seattle light where we have an offense that cant score but a defense thats lights out... the offense better be in the top 12 or we better finish better than 5-11.

Otherwise I say its a 60% chance we are looking for a coach and a QB next off season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it depends on how the offense looks this year. IF its another year of sub 20's football, Jay is out. SO unless we look like Seattle light where we have an offense that cant score but a defense thats lights out... the offense better be in the top 12 or we better finish better than 5-11.

Otherwise I say its a 60% chance we are looking for a coach and a QB next off season.

Any chance that I can get an early prediction on what the W/L record might be?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say 50/50 on him being back for next year at this point.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it just all blows up in his face and we actually get worse, I think he makes it through the year and into next year. Of course there is the wild card of RG3. That is a mine field that he has to be more adept at handling. I think last year was a huge learning curve for him. He thought he could both the HC/OC/QB coach job and found out he didn't do any of them well.

The one thing working in his favor is that if they fire him, they will have a hard time finding someone else t come in here with any pedigree.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it just all blows up in his face and we actually get worse, I think he makes it through the year and into next year. Of course there is the wild card of RG3. That is a mine field that he has to be more adept at handling. I think last year was a huge learning curve for him. He thought he could both the HC/OC/QB coach job and found out he didn't do any of them well.

The one thing working in his favor is that if they fire him, they will have a hard time finding someone else t come in here with any pedigree.

Pretty good reply. I think that a lot of this depends not simply on W-L (unless it is to the extreme on either end) but also the organization's confidence that Gruden knows how to handle the job of head coach especially now that he is backed by a solid FO. If he learned from last year & assuming that the personnel is definitely better (not necessarily in all areas but overall) - who knows - he might do very well.

At this pt predictions for this team are pretty much of a waste of time. There are lots of changes & unknowns & a lot of the new players are very young so you really don't know if they will do well or not. Given SM's track record there should be a lot of hope but even if it eventually turns out well it doesn't mean that it will happen overnight.

As for your last paragraph - that may be a blessing in disguise! If pedigree means coming from a solid coaching tree - great assuming it is a young guy in his 1st or 2nd stint as head coach. However - if it means yet another big name ex-pro or college coach - no thanks! Been there, done that - it doesn't work.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance that I can get an early prediction on what the W/L record might be?

sty i think gruden will stay for 2 more yeas maybe 3 at the very least . if you dont give him a fair shot you wont get a good coaching in here because they wont think they will get a fair shake . the roster gruden has is garbage

not for our record i will give you one based on what we have so far . i see 6 wins tops . we have qb issues , we have instability at HC . our DC is unproven and half our FA's wont pan out like we think . we still need more depth at the LOS on both sides of the ball and we are still patchworking the safety position

our return game is pedestrian hence i see 6 wins