• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats next for Niner's

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a brick down at Levi's Stadium... Read the first letter of each word from bottom to top...

1521635_843925058963635_8976353003681731283_n.jpg

Nice

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he
Regent, I know you like to believe that SF was just distraught about this loss and thought of this pie in the sky Lombardi this year, but realists like myself can point to too much shit hitting all at once for that to be likely.

ILB #1, Willis-IR
ILB #1a, Bowman-IR
NT #1, Ian Williams-IR
NT #2, Dorsey-IR
RB #2, Hunter-IR
CB #1, Brock-hurt all season (minus like 1 game, where he re-aggrevated)
RT #1, Anthony Davis-hurt all season (minus 2 games)
C #1, Kilgore-IR
CB #4, Cook-IR
CB #3, Ward-IR
#1 KR/#1 PR/#5 WR Ellington-hurt last 4+ games, still hurt
Aldon Smith-suspended 9 games
Ray McDonald-DV media shit storm, never formally charged
Harbaugh "losing locker room" media shit storm, won like 5 in a row after that comes out

Just too much crap in one season for any realistic Niner fan to truly think that this team was going to be a Lombardi contender this year. Of course, we can hope but as the season played on, it was obvious that something was WAY off with this team and it's execution, something that has been a staple during Harbaugh's time here. The one positive that I have taken from this season is that all of our healthy rookies have gotten some playing time this year and we have found some gems for the future. Guys like Lynch opposite of Aldon, Borland backing up Willis and Bowman in the future, Dontae Johnson seems to have some skills in press coverage, Hyde looks to be the real deal as an heir apparent to Gore, Marcus Martin looks to be a stud at C, and Ellington has shown some real quickness and ability in his rare opportunities to shine. We shall see what the future holds with regards to who is coaching this team should Harbaugh jump ship, but Baalke has shown the ability to build a roster and stack the shelves with talent. For every guy over 30, we have someone in the wings that has been drafted to take their place. The only position I worry about is Justin Smith's...and that's only because the guy we drafted last year to take his spot has just started to hit the field after an ACL tear last year and a great pre-season.

NIce to see a 49er fan look at reality and take it for what it is. That IR list you have there is about the same as the 15 players the Packers had out last year in the playoffs when they lost to the 49ers. This year is a bit different with just one and of course this year they are playing better. Injuries are a factor every season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a brick down at Levi's Stadium... Read the first letter of each word from bottom to top...

1521635_843925058963635_8976353003681731283_n.jpg
Funny, but someone misspelled Alameda, if that is what the intended word is supposed to be.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was tasteless for NBC to do it, but whatever. This will just add fuel to the the most marketable rivalry and if anything, the NFL wants it. Just be mindful that this'll happen again in the future at The Clink when the tides turn.

The rivalry was starting to get some good legs but at this point we own them,there is no rivalry with a team that we own sadly,they just are not what we thought they were.

SarcasticBeautifulCoati.gif

JwLHBJm.gif

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was tasteless for NBC to do it, but whatever. This will just add fuel to the the most marketable rivalry and if anything, the NFL wants it. Just be mindful that this'll happen again in the future at The Clink when the tides turn.

100% honesty, I wouldn't care at all if opponents celebrated at mid-field at the Clink every time the visiting team won.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, someone said something like "I hope Kaep throws a TD to Crabs as Sherman covers" before the 9er game and I responded with "It's funny that there's a scenario where you think Kaep throws Sherm's way and doesn't get picked." Then what happens? 2 picks on 5 attempts. Almost 3 picks!

Sherman is in Kaep's giant, strangely shaped head

0WjKdZb.gif

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers lose to the Hawks this week and STL beats ARZ, SEA will be #1, ARZ #2, STL #3 and Santa Clara #4 in the NFC West :lol:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers lose to the Hawks this week and STL beats ARZ, SEA will be #1, ARZ #2, STL #3 and Santa Clara #4 in the NFC West :lol:

The two hottest teams in the NFL right now are the Seahawks & Rams. I see a slaughter in St. Louis and Seattle next week, and equally find our last game of the season no gimmie. The Rams are ready to make a statement, and beating us at the end of the season would do just that. It's gonna be a blood bath!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as though the true rivalry in the division is between us and the Rams

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really always has been since we joined the NFC West in 2002.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had something like a 10 game winning streak against the Rams, That was a little lopsided for a rivalry. Even when the 49ers were nothing they were forcing at least a season split. The Only reason people say the Rams is because when we joined the NFC West it was owned by the Rams lol. Normally there has been 1 good team in the NFC West and then the others were pretty poor. Then the 49ers and Seahawks became 2 of the strongest teams in the NFL not only the NFC West and that's what gave birth to the rivalry.

Now the 49ers have learned to play under their Head coach Harbaugh and the talent level has decreased they are no longer one of the strongest teams in the NFL. It just took time for Jim to get his guys and team set up the way he wanted it. It took Carroll 3 years to have the pieces he wanted and Jim Harbaugh about the same time. 49er fans if you wonder what happened to your team look no farther than your Head Coach. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two hottest teams in the NFL right now are the Seahawks & Rams. I see a slaughter in St. Louis and Seattle next week, and equally find our last game of the season no gimmie. The Rams are ready to make a statement, and beating us at the end of the season would do just that. It's gonna be a blood bath!

cough, cough, Patriots, Packers, cough, cough.....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cough, cough, Patriots, Packers, cough, cough.....
Probably offensively, sure.

But you know the saying about defense and championships, or do I need to direct you to the Super Bowl 48 film?