• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would the 12 team playoff rankings look like in 2023...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you think it is stupid, but it isn't a valid opinion, in my opinion (like what I did there).

It's not stupid to think a college athlete will adjust to having to play a few more games out west now. They will be fine. It's not going to ruin athletes or their sports. I think it will actually make it better, and better prepare those who end up becoming professional athletes.

You're funny as hell right now. Until I agree with you (and that's not happening) you're gonna have an issue with anything I say.

I'm not a fan of it.

You response- "but it isn't a valid opinion" :pound:

Of course it's not valid because I don't agree with you.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has been a .500 team the past 10 years, unless you are claiming they are back???

Oklahoma was 6-7 last year. Looks better this year against a soft schedule.

I would be willing to guess they fit in line with the second tier of SEC schools.

Schedule is still the same, 3-4 cupcakes, 1 P5, and 8 conference games.
Texas has beaten the second highest ranked SEC team this year. :noidea:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're funny as hell right now. Until I agree with you (and that's not happening) you're gonna have an issue with anything I say.

I'm not a fan of it.

You response- "but it isn't a valid opinion" :pound:

Of course it's not valid because I don't agree with you.
I think it’s not valid because it’s poorly thought out. I really don’t care if you agree with me. I actually recommend you don’t. I’m most often wrong. :D:nod:

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ikd, pro teams do it all the time"

One problem. Student/athletes aren't professional athletes.

Sorry man but comparing pro athletes to kids in college makes no sense at all.
You do realize that every other layer of CFB has been using a playoff forever, right?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you not watch the regular season?
Because whomever gets into the playoffs will play the only 12 games that actually matter.

Before this playoff nonsense any regular game could blow a season. Now you would have a couple losses to give during the regular season and only the playoffs have the suspense of the season on the line.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because whomever gets into the playoffs will play the only 12 games that actually matter.

Before this playoff nonsense any regular game could blow a season. Now you would have a couple losses to give during the regular season and only the playoffs have the suspense of the season on the line.
Before this only 6-8 teams’ games mattered past early October. Now way more do way later into the season.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually looking foward to the playoffs next year.
Problem is, by allowing more teams in they are now gonna be 6-7 Sec teams in it.
Right now , today, you'd have, what, 4 Sec teams........Next year Lsu will get in so that makes 5 at the minimum.
They opened it up to stop the same teams ( conferences) from dominating the playoffs, and all they have done is assured those same teams or conferences a shot at it.

Jus sayin'

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this only 6-8 teams’ games mattered past early October. Now way more do way later into the season.
You mean 4 loss teams trying to get in?

Not exciting. Just noise.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually looking foward to the playoffs next year.
Problem is, by allowing more teams in they are now gonna be 6-7 Sec teams in it.
Right now , today, you'd have, what, 4 Sec teams........Next year Lsu will get in so that makes 5 at the minimum.
They opened it up to stop the same teams ( conferences) from dominating the playoffs, and all they have done is assured those same teams or conferences a shot at it.

Jus sayin'
10 of the current top 12 teams in the playoff committee rankings will be in the B1G or SEC next season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not my fault you don’t like watching meaningful football games.
There was a whole season of meaningful games for hundreds of teams. Now there's only 12. You don't like football, you like hype.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a whole season of meaningful games for hundreds of teams. Now there's only 12. You don't like football, you like hype.
Your logic makes absolutely no sense.

In the current set up, once you lose a single game your season is over. Hell, for more than half the league they don’t even have a chance from the day the season starts. In the playoff scenario COUNTLESS more games have live or die importance.

And you end up with phenomenal top ranked matchups at the end of the season the MEAN something and aren’t BS exhibitions with half the best players sitting out.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, pro teams do it all the time. With online classes now, I’m not sure why any student athletes need to go to a physical classroom for most classes in season any longer.
I'm old enough to remember when Michigan fans thought online classes = cheating.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that every other layer of CFB has been using a playoff forever, right?

Do you even know what we were talking about yesterday? Seems that you don't.

I wasn't talking about playoffs in CFB at all. I was talking about how I think it's dumb to have teams from the west coast in the BigTen and ACC. And how as an example Rutgers will travel across the country to play Oregon in soccer.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know what we were talking about yesterday? Seems that you don't.

I wasn't talking about playoffs in CFB at all. I was talking about how I think it's dumb to have teams from the west coast in the BigTen and ACC. And how as an example Rutgers will travel across the country to play Oregon in soccer.
This is what happens when you assume. LOL.

ACC has talked about having mini-tournament weekend type events in Dallas at SMU for non-revenue sports to knock out their cross country matchups.

I'm sure kids and parents are psyched that their "home" games will be played in Texas.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you assume. LOL.

ACC has talked about having mini-tournament weekend type events in Dallas at SMU for non-revenue sports to knock out their cross country matchups.

I'm sure kids and parents are psyched that their "home" games will be played in Texas.

I know I've already said this but just not a fan of the current conference jumping.

Gonna be alotta traveling by teams who's sports aren't revenue producers.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've already said this but just not a fan of the current conference jumping.

Gonna be alotta traveling by teams who's sports aren't revenue producers.
I continue to preach the good news of an abolishment of the NCAA and establishment of a new guiding group that develops 6 - 10 team leagues with regional ties that play round robin seasons with an 8 team playoff and corresponding lower leagues for promotion and relegation. Non-revenue sports could work off the same 10 team league or combined 20 team leagues.

A guy can dream, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to preach the good news of an abolishment of the NCAA and establishment of a new guiding group that develops 6 - 10 team leagues with regional ties that play round robin seasons with an 8 team playoff and corresponding lower leagues for promotion and relegation. Non-revenue sports could work off the same 10 team league or combined 20 team leagues.

A guy can dream, right?

There's just something about the ncaa I don't trust.