• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would the 12 team playoff rankings look like in 2023...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the new contract is over $100 million per team, they’ll figure it out.

Allow eastern teams to play out west for all full week and vice versa, come up with some neutral site mini tournaments for B1G teams (they do that in cross country now). In baseball the AL and NL teams rarely play each other. Create an East and West type system.

Just not a fan of it. No team on the west coast should be in the BigTen or ACC.

A full week out west for student/athletes? Seems weird.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not a fan of it. No team on the west coast should be in the BigTen or ACC.

A full week out west for student/athletes? Seems weird.
Idk, pro teams do it all the time. With online classes now, I’m not sure why any student athletes need to go to a physical classroom for most classes in season any longer.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine being against this? Anti-playoff people are fucking weird man.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, pro teams do it all the time. With online classes now, I’m not sure why any student athletes need to go to a physical classroom for most classes in season any longer.

"Ikd, pro teams do it all the time"

One problem. Student/athletes aren't professional athletes.

Sorry man but comparing pro athletes to kids in college makes no sense at all.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ikd, pro teams do it all the time"

One problem. Student/athletes aren't professional athletes.

Sorry man but comparing pro athletes to kids in college makes no sense at all.
Student/athletes also don't play but a fraction of the games pro athletes play. If pro athletes can handle the travel of 82 away games in baseball, 40 away games in basketball, etc. A college athlete can handle half of that load.

Once again, if pro athletes can do it, college athletes can handle it on a much smaller level.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Student/athletes also don't play but a fraction of the games pro athletes play. If pro athletes can handle the travel of 82 away games in baseball, 40 away games in basketball, etc. A college athlete can handle half of that load.

Once again, if pro athletes can do it, college athletes can handle it on a much smaller level.

So you still wanna compared adults (pro athletes) to kids (college athletes). Alrighty then.

Please don't tell me you think the best CFB team could beat the worst NFL team.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you still wanna compared adults (pro athletes) to kids (college athletes). Alrighty then.

Please don't tell me you think the best CFB team could beat the worst NFL team.

College athletes aren't adults? Tell me this:

1) Who plays tougher and stronger competition?
2) Who is at a healthier point in their career with a history of less injuries?

I'm saying an 18-22 year old can do 50% of the workload (less games and weaker competition) a professional athlete can do, especially playing against other college students.

College athletes would be fine with all the extra travel, quit treating them like babies. :D

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me. Next year there will be no Pac12, and the B1G and SEC will be significantly stronger conferences. Pretty much all the top programs have a SIGNIFICANT boost to the strength of their schedule in 2024 because of it.
I don't think there will be any boost to SOS.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there will be any boost to SOS.
10 of the 12 playoff teams above will be in two conferences next year...the B1G and the SEC

I imagine FSU will be joining one of those conferences in the next few years too.

There will be a SIGNIFICANT boost in SOS. Just look at Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Bama, USC, and Georgia's 2024 schedules.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College athletes aren't adults? Tell me this:

1) Who plays tougher and stronger competition?
2) Who is at a healthier point in their career with a history of less injuries?

I'm saying an 18-22 year old can do 50% of the workload (less games and weaker competition) a professional athlete can do, especially playing against other college students.

College athletes would be fine with all the extra travel, quit treating them like babies. :D

No teenager or anyone in their early 20's is mentally or physically mature like a professional athlete in their mid 20's and older.

You wanna treat student/athletes like professional athletes. They aren't.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No teenager or anyone in their early 20's is mentally or physically mature like a professional athlete in their mid 20's and older.

You wanna treat student/athletes like professional athletes. They aren't.

It doesn't matter if they are mentally tough enough to be a professional athlete and play at a professional level, I never even said that.

I said that a college athlete can handle 50% or less of the travel and physical demands of a professional athlete.

If a professional athlete can play 162 baseball games a year, a college athlete can handle the 60 something games a year playing college competition, even if it means having to travel more due to conference expansion.

If a professional athlete can handle 82 basketball games a year, a college athlete can handle 40 something games a year against college competition.

You can say the same about any other sport.

I'm not sure why you disagree with that statement. More travel isn't going to destroy these kids. I don't think it would affect them much, if at all.

I'm basically saying, if a pro can run 10 miles, it's not too much to ask a college athlete to run 5 miles.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 of the 12 playoff teams above will be in two conferences next year...the B1G and the SEC

I imagine FSU will be joining one of those conferences in the next few years too.

There will be a SIGNIFICANT boost in SOS. Just look at Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Bama, USC, and Georgia's 2024 schedules.
Same amount on conference games, same amount of cupcakes. Some schedules will be easier, some more difficult. Net change of zero.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if they are mentally tough enough to be a professional athlete and play at a professional level, I never even said that.

I said that a college athlete can handle 50% or less of the travel and physical demands of a professional athlete.

If a professional athlete can play 162 baseball games a year, a college athlete can handle the 60 something games a year playing college competition, even if it means having to travel more due to conference expansion.

If a professional athlete can handle 82 basketball games a year, a college athlete can handle 40 something games a year against college competition.

You can say the same about any other sport.

I'm not sure why you disagree with that statement. More travel isn't going to destroy these kids. I don't think it would affect them much, if at all.

I'm basically saying, if a pro can run 10 miles, it's not too much to ask a college athlete to run 5 miles.

We can keep going back & forth about this or agree to disagree. College kids (18 to 21/22) aren't professional athletes in the mid 20's and older. So they shouldn't be treated like one.

"I'm not sure why you disagree with that statement"

^^^^

Considering what I've now said multiple times oh the irony.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same amount on conference games, same amount of cupcakes. Some schedules will be easier, some more difficult. Net change of zero.

No they aren't. Seriously, look at the schedules of most the current top 10 teams next season. Look at their 2025 schedules. If I have time, I'll post them. The next few years are going to have some AMAZING matchups compared to anything we've seen the past 5-10 years.

Conferences got SIGNIFICANTLY tougher with the addition of these new teams. That makes conference schedules tougher.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can keep going back & forth about this or agree to disagree. College kids (18 to 21/22) aren't professional athletes in the mid 20's and older. So they shouldn't be treated like one.

"I'm not sure why you disagree with that statement"

^^^^

Considering what I've now said multiple times oh the irony.

When did I say they should be treated like professional athletes?

I said, if professional athletes can handle the demands twice as many games and travel, then college athletes can certainly handle half the professional load while playing lesser competition.

Again, you disagree with that? If so, why? It's not like they are adding more games to the college schedules. The athletes just have to travel longer distances more often.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they aren't. Seriously, look at the schedules of most the current top 10 teams next season. Look at their 2025 schedules. If I have time, I'll post them. The next few years are going to have some AMAZING matchups compared to anything we've seen the past 5-10 years.

Conferences got SIGNIFICANTLY tougher with the addition of these new teams. That makes conference schedules tougher.
Big Ten got better, no doubt. ACC and Big 12 got worse. SEC didn't change anything.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say they should be treated like professional athletes?

I said, if professional athletes can handle the demands twice as many games and travel, then college athletes can certainly handle half the professional load while playing lesser competition.

Again, you disagree with that? If so, why? It's not like they are adding more games to the college schedules. The athletes just have to travel longer distances more often.

I already told you how I feel about this topic. I think it's stupid. And college kids shouldn't be traveling across the country like that. I've now told you multiple times but seemingly that's not good enough. I'm just not a fan of it. Can't say it any clearer than that.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten got better, no doubt. ACC and Big 12 got worse. SEC didn't change anything.
Adding Texas and Oklahoma is nothing? C'mon man, don't be silly. I guess they aren't playing anyone from the SEC next year? :L

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you how I feel about this topic. I think it's stupid. And college kids shouldn't be traveling across the country like that. I've now told you multiple times but seemingly that's not good enough. I'm just not a fan of it. Can't say it any clearer than that.
I know you think it is stupid, but it isn't a valid opinion, in my opinion (like what I did there).

It's not stupid to think a college athlete will adjust to having to play a few more games out west now. They will be fine. It's not going to ruin athletes or their sports. I think it will actually make it better, and better prepare those who end up becoming professional athletes.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Texas and Oklahoma is nothing? C'mon man, don't be silly. I guess they aren't playing anyone from the SEC next year? :L
Texas has been a .500 team the past 10 years, unless you are claiming they are back???

Oklahoma was 6-7 last year. Looks better this year against a soft schedule.

I would be willing to guess they fit in line with the second tier of SEC schools.

Schedule is still the same, 3-4 cupcakes, 1 P5, and 8 conference games.