• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would the 12 team playoff rankings look like in 2023...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old enough to remember when Michigan fans thought online classes = cheating.
I’m old enough to remember when they had the old bowl system and it wasn’t uncommon for the two top ranked teams to not play each other at the end of the season. I like that things progress. :D

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to preach the good news of an abolishment of the NCAA and establishment of a new guiding group that develops 6 - 10 team leagues with regional ties that play round robin seasons with an 8 team playoff and corresponding lower leagues for promotion and relegation. Non-revenue sports could work off the same 10 team league or combined 20 team leagues.

A guy can dream, right?

I'm still amazed at how people think the 'NCAA' is this behemoth demon causing all the problems.

You do realize the NCAA is the self-appointed governor of all things by the very teams that participate in D1 collegiate athletics, right?

The powers that be don't want college football to be a free-for-all. Mostly the B10 and SEC are to blame right now. They control all the money, and essentially control the current playoff system.

And no, we'll never move to some gay assed soccer like situation, nor an NFL like situation because college football isn't in and of itself. Many schools have 20 some other sports that compete that have to be taken into consideration.

8 teams is all the further it should go. 12 is a joke. Who really needs to see Ole Miss, Missouri, or Penn State get their shit pushed in again?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still amazed at how people think the 'NCAA' is this behemoth demon causing all the problems.

You do realize the NCAA is the self-appointed governor of all things by the very teams that participate in D1 collegiate athletics, right?

The powers that be don't want college football to be a free-for-all. Mostly the B10 and SEC are to blame right now. They control all the money, and essentially control the current playoff system.

And no, we'll never move to some gay assed soccer like situation, nor an NFL like situation because college football isn't in and of itself. Many schools have 20 some other sports that compete that have to be taken into consideration.

8 teams is all the further it should go. 12 is a joke. Who really needs to see Ole Miss, Missouri, or Penn State get their shit pushed in again?
I'm sorry you don't like college football.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rankings really do shake out who is who in the conferences, and really does show what each teams is all about and capable of. I have to kind of agree. Honestly, how many teams ranked 9-12 at the end of the year, do you really think will win games against the teams ranked 1-4.