• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would Montez Sweats trade value be

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its very clear Sweats on pace to become a very good DE .. we cant keep Young and Sweat past there rookie contract cap wise we can only keep 1 just wondering if a team calls what would you want what would be reasonable . Only looking for reasonable answers

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this on some Fb groups alot people are saying he will be one of the highest paid FA De in History when his contract runs out in Washington some say Sweat is better then Young

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this on some Fb groups alot people are saying he will be one of the highest paid FA De in History when his contract runs out in Washington some say Sweat is better then Young

I think Sweat will be the highest paid DE in NFL history when his rookie contract expires.

I think his starting price is two first rounders.

Chase is better.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see why we couldnt sign both of them . the new TV deal increases the cap by a huge amount . . with our deferred contracts we have paying higher amounts in 22 we still have 74 mil in cap space . if we manage ourselves correctly there is no reason at all we cant sign our guys

its a matter of choices

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we will see just how good Sweat is next year. If teams indeed try to erase Young, then in theory Sweat should have a lot of one on one battles

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its very clear Sweats on pace to become a very good DE .. we cant keep Young and Sweat past there rookie contract cap wise we can only keep 1 just wondering if a team calls what would you want what would be reasonable . Only looking for reasonable answers
Coach, this post made me laugh. Because you only give reasonable answers you want us to do the same .... right? :D :pound:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful, coach. Any talk of trading one of the Skins 99 defensive linemen, all of whom they won't be able to keep, could be seen as sacrilege.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful, coach. Any talk of trading one of the Skins 99 defensive linemen, all of whom they won't be able to keep, could be seen as sacrilege.
Well stated!

I wonder how upset some here would be if/when Washington trades up in this draft or used some of the excess that you speak of to trade for more draft capital after such a trade. Is it sacrilegious just to ask? If so, then damn, I hope that @dad won't be trading me to the Denver forum!:hope::D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well let’s talk about caps ,the teams you are trading with will need the cap space to take on the sacred d/lineman you think you can just dump .
I am pretty certain I brought up about the DW. Trade about how the Texans couldn’t take the players offered because of THEIR cap situation .

And I know for a fact no one refuted it

also understand that a team taking one of our sacred cows will be in the same boat we are when it comes to resigning one

I am pretty damn certain that I destroyed the “we can’t keep them all “ myth because of the new TV deal and how that increased cap space by 50 mil next year alone .

even with the new fa signings and the major money being pushed into next year we still have 74 mil in cap space . And we haven’t even looked at sherff or LC being gone

don’t confuse your or team choices and say “we can’t afford everyone “because yes we can it’s just a matter of priorities

lastly giving up player and trade Capitol to get a 50% chance at hitting a franchise qb certainly can be questioned

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lastly giving up player and trade Capitol to get a 50% chance at hitting a franchise qb certainly can be questioned
Wouldn't that depend on the QB to a large degree? Trading for Rodgers or Wilson would be far less of a gamble. The only hitch in that potential giddy up would be if a severe injury were to occur. But there wouldn't be any questions on whether or not they can perform as franchise QBs. IMO, Deshaun Watson fits that mold as well, but at present he has his own to deal with. Stafford almost certainly would've been worth giving up whatever the Skins were ready to give up to acquire him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that depend on the QB to a large degree? Trading for Rodgers or Wilson would be far less of a gamble. The only hitch in that potential giddy up would be if a severe injury were to occur. But there wouldn't be any questions on whether or not they can perform as franchise QBs. IMO, Deshaun Watson fits that mold as well, but at present he has his own to deal with. Stafford almost certainly would've been worth giving up whatever the Skins were ready to give up to acquire him.
Can Seattle or the packers handle the cap issues ?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stated!

I wonder how upset some here would be if/when Washington trades up in this draft or used some of the excess that you speak of to trade for more draft capital after such a trade. Is it sacrilegious just to ask? If so, then damn, I hope that @dad won't be trading me to the Denver forum!:hope::D
HEY!!!! What's wrong with the Denver forum?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well let’s talk about caps ,the teams you are trading with will need the cap space to take on the sacred d/lineman you think you can just dump .
I am pretty certain I brought up about the DW. Trade about how the Texans couldn’t take the players offered because of THEIR cap situation .

And I know for a fact no one refuted it

also understand that a team taking one of our sacred cows will be in the same boat we are when it comes to resigning one

I am pretty damn certain that I destroyed the “we can’t keep them all “ myth because of the new TV deal and how that increased cap space by 50 mil next year alone .

even with the new fa signings and the major money being pushed into next year we still have 74 mil in cap space . And we haven’t even looked at sherff or LC being gone

don’t confuse your or team choices and say “we can’t afford everyone “because yes we can it’s just a matter of priorities

I call B.S on this because it will be the same. If cap goes 50 million a qb will demand 60 mill a year highest paid wr in fa going to want 30 mill a year etc etc shrief will demand 22 -25 mill

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might get more cap but you pay more so really no change its like the great minimum rage debate pay the employee 20 dollars a hr at mcds guess what 12 dollar value meals ...more cap = got to pay more to keep your players

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call B.S on this because it will be the same. If cap goes 50 million a qb will demand 60 mill a year highest paid wr in fa going to want 30 mill a year etc etc if shrief will demand 22 mill
you call BS on the numbers ? we have the money and will have the money