• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what we have at wr

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark you do seem to feel like this is a one year rebuild job . it isnt . no we shouldnt reach for an o/lineman nor should we draft the 4-6th wr spot with our top pick

wr at 34 should be like our 6th level of need behind , o/line , ilb , s, cb and te then wr

and if the best player shakes out to be wr then so be it

tell why cant drafting a moses be a sign to make the o/line elite ? yes we may overhall the o/line with 4 new guys however in year 2 that could be the best o/line in the division and arent we looking for long term success instead of short term gratification ?

Because any time you draft a player with percieved need as the first criteria, you increase the chance of over valueing said named position and player. You also increase the chances that a player who is actually NOT ready gets pushed into a starting role (see Rambo, Baccari). I think our biggest chance of fucking up this pick is to take an O-lineman at 34. And you are right we dont NEED a WR at 34, which to me says that we increase the chances of actually getting a good one and bringing him along right instead of forcing him to start because of where he was drafted. You make what is considered a strong position on the team stronger and if the WR is the best player on the board you take him. I think Benjamin and Robinson if there will be the best players on the board.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark deserves to be slammed. Thank you duke1861 and now skinsdad for backing me up on this. A WR at #34 is borderline asinine over RT, OG, CB, TE, and S. I will throw shark a bone and say that Benjamin will be gone by the time we pick at 34. But he will STILL take Robinson from Penn st over Moses, Filo, Kojo, Bitanio, Fuller, Amaro, and Ward. I cant see how any of those players would be overvalued at 34.

For all of the WR lovers out there. They will be good talent in the 3rd rouond for WR. Matthews, Moncrief, Bryant, and the Indiana kid. Is there a big difference between Robinson and those guys? NO!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also heard that Moses is a really good, high character guy. That is coming from media people who have covered him for years. He worked very hard to qualify at UVA (think he prepped) and many of us Hokies joked that he would never qualify much less make it academically there. He proved us wrong. Give it, that was probably not in a high profile academic program.

With that being said, I would take Moses for sure. He is talented and from what I saw him play, he rarely got beat and never got straight up abused by a DE.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And further more if Robinson is this all world WR wouldn't Houston take him in the 2nd round. His college coach is now there head coach. Don't they need WR depth? I like our core better than there's as a whole.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because any time you draft a player with percieved need as the first criteria, you increase the chance of over valueing said named position and player. You also increase the chances that a player who is actually NOT ready gets pushed into a starting role (see Rambo, Baccari). I think our biggest chance of fucking up this pick is to take an O-lineman at 34. And you are right we dont NEED a WR at 34, which to me says that we increase the chances of actually getting a good one and bringing him along right instead of forcing him to start because of where he was drafted. You make what is considered a strong position on the team stronger and if the WR is the best player on the board you take him. I think Benjamin and Robinson if there will be the best players on the board.

arent you doing what you say dean is doing ? you are drafting a player based on a perceived need and could be overvaluing him ?

if we land moses it isnt a given he starts day one or will be pushed into anything . it all depends on polumbus and if he can keep the job

in fact i dont expect a 2nd rounder to start day one . most of the time it is safe to say it will be year 2 that it happens

and come on shark , arent you reaching with the rambo thing ? no one expects a 6th rounder to be a day one starter . they may hope it but they dont expect it and there is a huge difference between a high 2nd rounder and a low 6th rounder as far as expectations are

i want us to draft the best player on the board (hopefully it addresses a need) . now it can be mosley , moses kojo van noy ward fuller dennard tuitt , nix hagemen . or whatever .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, I have given numerous reasons why i think if Benjamin or robinson are there at 34, it would be a good pick for us.

And not a one of those reasons was based off of, well I just dont like what we have at WR and we need to bring in some one to start at the position. So no I dont think Im overvalueing the player because he plays a position I feel we need to have. We can get height in the 4th at WR or later if the team decides to do that. I simply think Benjamin and Robinson are more talented and would actually do more for this team going forward than an OT that we picked because some one felt we needed a new OT.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shark alot. He and Goldy were the first posters I posted with on ESPN. You have to admit, he has changed for some reason and is trying to assume the role of the new Justusceo for some reason. I don't know if he is acting or if this how he honestly feels. The Shark we all know is too smart to spew the garbage he is.

He is and everyone else on here especially Dean is better then Bananaman on ESPN board.

Skinsdad did you seriously say take it easy on him. What he cant handle a little slam before mom in this cause dad comes to his rescue. Let the kids play and tease and be marry or Dean.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, I have given numerous reasons why i think if Benjamin or robinson are there at 34, it would be a good pick for us.

And not a one of those reasons was based off of, well I just dont like what we have at WR and we need to bring in some one to start at the position. So no I dont think Im overvalueing the player because he plays a position I feel we need to have. We can get height in the 4th at WR or later if the team decides to do that. I simply think Benjamin and Robinson are more talented and would actually do more for this team going forward than an OT that we picked because some one felt we needed a new OT.

well i dont think benjamin or robinson are nearly as talented as moses or kojo or dennard or fuller or van noy or ward and i dont overvalue them because they play positions of need

i believe the red zone threat , the elusive one , can be filled at TE with an amaro if needs be

i dont feel that picking a guy as our 4th wr and forcing him to be our red zone threat because of a perceived need is the way to go i dont believe the staff should be forced into playing a 4th wr red zone threat before he is ready

i do believe if wr is our best value at 34 we should take him . but the last time we went with big wr , red zone target we ended up with thomas and kelley and we passed on JAX . how did that work out ? then we followed it up with the oft injured hankerson

i dont know why you feel we should hold onto substandard players in polumbus and chester ? the facts are over and over again that pass protection has been horrendous throughout the shanahan era and even the zorn era .

how many times do we have to see Rg3 dodge a free rusher on a 3 step drop ? . perhaps we cant find a replacement for either of those guys this season . but i wouldnt pass on a talented prospect because we are afraid to start 4 new guys on a pedestrian o/line