• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what we have at wr

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no enough depth at WR but there is depth at TE? Crazy. what is wrong with Hank and Robinson as a 4th and 5th WR's? NOTHING. Even if hank is not ready he is our 5th WR. Who cares!!!! But if Reed goes down what happens. You cant depend of Paulsen again. That is why Amaro trumps any WR picked at 34.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no enough depth at WR but there is depth at TE? Crazy. what is wrong with Hank and Robinson as a 4th and 5th WR's? NOTHING. Even if hank is not ready he is our 5th WR. Who cares!!!! But if Reed goes down what happens. You cant depend of Paulsen again. That is why Amaro trumps any WR picked at 34.

Hank is coming off a major injury and robinson is a poor mans Desean Jackson. Talk to me when we have a WR capable of producing in the redzone before you start screaming for a #2 TE. And Paulsen actually didnt doo too bad as a #2 TE. And he basically out performed Fred Davis in 2012 when he took over as the actual starter.

Not ot mention Grudens offense has not been one to favor passes to the Te very often. But he has had atleast 3 WR with 50 plus catches the past three years.

Last edited by a moderator:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon cant produce in the redzone? lol The offense will be better as a whole b/c of the additions of jax and Roberts. If you had Amaro to the mix we will be dominate. You keep saying height equals redzone dominance. its not Reed is 6'2. You add Amaro it would be huge.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon cant produce in the redzone? lol The offense will be better as a whole b/c of the additions of jax and Roberts. If you had Amaro to the mix we will be dominate. You keep saying height equals redzone dominance. its not Reed is 6'2. You add Amaro it would be huge.

And you ignore the fact that Gruden doesnt run an offense that features TE's. I have given options as Im not locked in on Benjamin or no one. I think we would be better served taking Benjamin, Robinson, or even Martavius Bryant than taking another TE at 34 or any of the OTs you have mentioned. I want a guy who can not only play the slot, be a Redzone threat.. but a guy who can regularly split out wide and gie our WR group some size. I think its a mistake to go into the season with the smurfs version 2.0 as the entire Wr group. Hank is another season away from being productive most likely, and Gettis is a flyer and ST guy currently. I like Coleman, but I dont think he is more than a project and a 5-7th rounder.

Side note... Garcon had a total of 5 Tds last year. And of those I think maybe ONE was in the redzone. So NO he is not a redzone threat any more than Jackson, or Roberts. All are deep ball home run threats for sure. But inside the 20, we dont have a single WR you can put on a back pylon fade and expect to score.

Last edited by a moderator:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant at 34!!!! lol. you have to be kidding me!!! Talk about reach. Grudens offense didn't feature 2 TE's last year?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant at 34!!!! lol. you have to be kidding me!!! Talk about reach. Grudens offense didn't feature 2 TE's last year?

Grudens offense DOES NOT feature a bunch of sub 6 foot WRs. And yea I would consider Bryant a slight reach at 34, but no more so than Moses or Filo or any of the other O-lineman you have developed crushes on. And I would consider him actually more useful to this team than another OT that needs to learn how to pass block and might be better suited to be a guard in any case.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cat fight!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grudens offense featured aj green and two pass catching TE's. Bryant a slight reach at 34? what!! Again how are Moses and Filo reaches if they are possible 1st round picks? not b/c of need b/c of overall talent. All the OT's I mentioned are great value and 34 and fill a major need. Most fan agree with me on this matter.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grudens offense featured aj green and two pass catching TE's. Bryant a slight reach at 34? what!! Again how are Moses and Filo reaches if they are possible 1st round picks? not b/c of need b/c of overall talent. All the OT's I mentioned are great value and 34 and fill a major need. Most fan agree with me on this matter.

Because any time you pick a player to fill a position over talent its a reach. And simply put, you have become of the mind set that we NEED O-line help no matter what. So you are over valueing O-lineman period.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So those players are not talented? I said before that I would be totally fine with Amaro, Ward, or Hageman. im not overvalue ting o line. Just the oline makes sense for need and talent.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So those players are not talented? I said before that I would be totally fine with Amaro, Ward, or Hageman. im not overvalue ting o line. Just the oline makes sense for need and talent.

Its the need part that makes you over value them. If you dint think we had a higher NEED at OT, I doubt you would be so ademant we take an O-lineman at 34. I dont think we NEED a starting Wr, but I would like to see us get a WR with some size who is more than a project over taking a semi project OT simply because we feel we NEED to upgrade the position.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how am I over value them if they are projected mid 1st to mid 2nd rounder's?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how am I over value them if they are projected mid 1st to mid 2nd rounder's?

Because most have Moses, Filo and Kojo as guys who MIGHT sneak into the first round. Where as most will be shocked if Benjamin or Robinson make it into the second round. Hell a good portion of the mock drafts have Benjamin as a top 20 pick. As in a guy we would be lucky to have fall to us at 34. I have seen mocks that have Moses falling to 40 or later, as well as Filo and Kojo.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those mocks haven't been updated yet. Benjamin stock is going to fall b/c of the "Im tired" episode. Robinson is not a 1st round pick. Not even close. I wouldn't say shocked at all. Robinson also had a horrible combine if that means anything.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those mocks haven't been updated yet. Benjamin stock is going to fall b/c of the "Im tired" episode. Robinson is not a 1st round pick. Not even close. I wouldn't say shocked at all. Robinson also had a horrible combine if that means anything.

Most mock drafts value need over talent and team impact though. And if you think the Redskins need an OT no matter what, they are going to project Moses, Filo or some other OT because every one is under the impression that OT is the biggest need. Look at the teams that have become consistently good. they DONT draft based on biggest need. They draft depth at positions where they are already considered strong. When was the last time the Patriots went into the draft NEEDing a WR and actually took one with their first pick?? same for the Saints, Niners, and Ravens. NOw if a true stud OT is there, Im fine with it. But I think Benjamin and robinson are both going to be stud WRs some where. So if either or both are there, I would much rather them over Moses, Filo or Kojo.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robinson didn't have a horrible combine but a typical combine. He wasn't going to be the fastest at the combine and he improved in all his drills/times during his pro day. Robinson won't be a 1st rounder but a mid 2nd round pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson didn't have a horrible combine but a typical combine. He wasn't going to be the fastest at the combine and he improved in all his drills/times during his pro day. Robinson won't be a 1st rounder but a mid 2nd round pick.

Ritz... let me ask you this. Would you rather have a potentially elite Wr group. Or a potentially slightly more average O-line?? Thats the real question here. Moses, Filo, Kojo and the other O-line who have been mentioned all MIGHT be slightly better than Polumbus. Benjamin, Robinson and likely Bryant are all projected to be better than Aldrick Robinson, a 50 year old Moss or a limping Hankerson. Wouldnt you agree??

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have Moses then Robinson which hurts me to say. If we didn't sign desean then I would say Robinson. However I see the o-line guys you listed being taken already by the time we draft so BPA of who is left.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have Moses then Robinson which hurts me to say. If we didn't sign desean then I would say Robinson. However I see the o-line guys you listed being taken already by the time we draft so BPA of who is left.

I wouldnt. I see Moses as a younger version of Polumbus. I see desperation in the pick.