• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what we have at wr

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Robinson ranked as high as I do Moses so that's were our problem occurs. We can find a good receiver in 3rd round. In 2nd I say go BPA at ILB, S, OL but try to trade back if no value at positions we need. I agree we shouldn't reach to fill a hole so take BPA per certain positions.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Robinson ranked as high as I do Moses so that's were our problem occurs. We can find a good receiver in 3rd round. In 2nd I say go BPA at ILB, S, OL but try to trade back if no value at positions we need. I agree we shouldn't reach to fill a hole so take BPA per certain positions.

We might find a good project WR in the 3rd round or later. Im looking for a guy that completes our Wr corps for the forseeable future. And again I dont really see where Moses actually improves our O-line since he isnt a guy considered to be a good pass protector. And actually I think changing up too many starters will make our line worse instead of better.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might find a good project WR in the 3rd round or later. Im looking for a guy that completes our Wr corps for the forseeable future. And again I dont really see where Moses actually improves our O-line since he isnt a guy considered to be a good pass protector. And actually I think changing up too many starters will make our line worse instead of better.

I can understand that, but making changes to the o-line will always take time for the starters to gel but once they do we will have a nice protection for RG3 to throw it to our quality and quantity of receivers. I have seen Robinson fall out of the 2nd round in several drafts (not always accurate) so there is a chance we still can get that receiver who completes the WR corps in the 3rd round while adding another starter in the 2nd round.

This is all depending on who is available to us at #34. If this, if that, we wont know till the 2nd round.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that, but making changes to the o-line will always take time for the starters to gel but once they do we will have a nice protection for RG3 to throw it to our quality and quantity of receivers. I have seen Robinson fall out of the 2nd round in several drafts (not always accurate) so there is a chance we still can get that receiver who completes the WR corps in the 3rd round while adding another starter in the 2nd round.

This is all depending on who is available to us at #34. If this, if that, we wont know till the 2nd round.

Again, I think the desperation to add a starter at 34 (especially on the O-line) is ultimately whats going to screw us. And if we bring in a guy like Moses and RG3 gets his clock cleaned in the first quarter of the season, what good does it do us?? And lets face it, if we draft Moses he will start even if he isnt ready. I for one would rather avoid that whole mess. Let Polumbus start along with Chester, and build the line over time instead of trying to force an upgrade that might actually be a downgrade.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying pick the BPA (OL, LB, S, WR, DE/DT) and don't reach at any position.

Also Moses who is ranked #14 on the Scouts big board compared to Robinson who isn't in the top 32. Moses is the #4 OT, while Robinson is the 15th best receiver. According to Espn Insider. So it depends on who is available to us when we draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncrief, Bryant, and Latimor will all be there in the 3rd so why pick one in he 2nd? There is no way we are going wr at 34. no way.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also add Matthews to that list in the 3rd round.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also add Matthews to that list in the 3rd round.

My man crush, Mathews will probably be a 2nd rounder. But if he slips to the 3rd, we shouldn't waste a second in taking him (assuming we don't go WR @34).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz... let me ask you this. Would you rather have a potentially elite Wr group. Or a potentially slightly more average O-line?? Thats the real question here. Moses, Filo, Kojo and the other O-line who have been mentioned all MIGHT be slightly better than Polumbus. Benjamin, Robinson and likely Bryant are all projected to be better than Aldrick Robinson, a 50 year old Moss or a limping Hankerson. Wouldnt you agree??

how do you make the determination that if we pick an o/lineman it has the potential to make our o/line slightly better then avg while drafting a potential 4 ,5 or 6th wr makes it elite ? ???:wtf2:

moses has been compared to ryan clady in a favorable light . that is better then polumbus hands down

and where do you get this assumption that moses cant pass block . i saw him in the sr bowl and he did fine

in fact lindy's says this about him .... " ideal length , well proportioned and shows good patience off the snap . stays wide in his base to absorb or mirror in pass protection . makes good use of long arms extending and punching to keep defenders off of his frame . . displays fluid , consistent kick slide to track and dictate a speed rusher around the edge . sustains blocks to and through the whistle . impressive lower half flexibility and anchoring strength when absorbing bull rush "

that doesnt sound to me like a guy who cant pass block

my next question would be why would we start a guy at RT who isnt ready ? because of the fan base ? if he needs a year of grooming in order to supplant polumbus then i am sure the staff will do that

i just do not see value in using my 2nd round pick (who should start by year 2 ) and putting it into a red zone threat who will be at the middle or bottom of the depth chart and call that value when we have issues at o/line , te, d/line ilb , and the secondary

it all should be who is the BPA at a position of need if value isnt there then trade down or pick the BPA on your board

i dont see how benjamin and robinson are better value then moses or kojo at this point i believe the 2 o/lineman are better players then the 2 wrs

in fact both of those o/lineman may not be there at 34

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dad, and any one else who wants to answer this question, Where do you put more emphasis..... on game film or combine performance. I know that many will say both of them in conjunction with one another, but I'm curious about the either/or. Thanks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dad, and any one else who wants to answer this question, Where do you put more emphasis..... on game film or combine performance. I know that many will say both of them in conjunction with one another, but I'm curious about the either/or. Thanks.

i tend to think game film is about 85% and combine about 15 %

so i lean toward game film depending on the level of competition

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game film by a large margin. There is sometimes a big difference between game speed (in pads) and track speed. Game film also gives you a sense of their decision making capabilities when live fire is coming at them. It also shows better their heart and desire, something that is hard to measure in a controlled environment.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz... let me ask you this. Would you rather have a potentially elite Wr group. Or a potentially slightly more average O-line?? Thats the real question here. Moses, Filo, Kojo and the other O-line who have been mentioned all MIGHT be slightly better than Polumbus. Benjamin, Robinson and likely Bryant are all projected to be better than Aldrick Robinson, a 50 year old Moss or a limping Hankerson. Wouldnt you agree??

And you just summed up why you lack good football knowledge Shark. The Vinny Cerratos of the world believe in having elite skillplayers. The success NFL teams believe in building the OLine and DLine first You always go for an an above average OLine over an elite WR corps. An above average OLine:

1. Protects your QB.
2. Opens up holes for the running game.
3. Gives the QB time to get the ball out of his hands.

This is the reason why Nick Saban is an elite college coach and why Alabama is a top program each year....its the Oline stupid.

The fact that you want to run this team like you are playing Madden is hilarious. The fact that you feel we MUST draft a WR and sit them on the bench is laughable given how terrible this team is. I honestly mean this, you should apply for the Detroit Lions GM position and draft away. I wish someone would understand why you and can't understand this simple logic.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I think the desperation to add a starter at 34 (especially on the O-line) is ultimately whats going to screw us. And if we bring in a guy like Moses and RG3 gets his clock cleaned in the first quarter of the season, what good does it do us?? And lets face it, if we draft Moses he will start even if he isnt ready. I for one would rather avoid that whole mess. Let Polumbus start along with Chester, and build the line over time instead of trying to force an upgrade that might actually be a downgrade.

Shark, have you watched a single Skins game last year? I am not trying to troll you but I honestly think you read the box scores and move on. The right side of the line is awful and caused the vast majority of our OLine problems. Chester has been here 3 years and has constantly graded out as a sub-standard Guard. Polumbust constantly gives up pressure on the edge and can't stop a bullrush or speed rush. The fact that you want to build with Chester and Polumbust is the dumbest thing I have read on here in a while. It is approaching Justusceo and Arbusman status.

Every expert and draft analyst has stated that the OLine is what is holding the offense back. I am not saying Moses MUST be the pick, but the fact that you continue to push for a WR is odd to say the least. You say that we should not zero in on one position but you repeatedly do it. Benjamin would be our 4th WR and thats who you want to draft with the 34th? Thank heavens you aren't the GM...seriously!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke, the actual fact is I want the team to take the most talented player available reguardless of position. Just happens that i think the players at that position when the 34th pick come up Wont be Offensive lineman. I also happen to think the real stupidity in this is drafting for position over talent and I think its a safe bet that you are over valueing the O-lineman that might be available because you believe the problems last year stemmed from not having elite talent on the O-line. So yes I would take a player who would add depth, height and possibly elite play to our WR group over an O-lineman that might make our O-line a little more average but in reality wont do a damn thing because its dumb as fuck to think an O-line will magically get better by plugging in four new starters which is what every one has been screaming for. O-lines are not built by plug and play. they are built by continuity.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you just summed up why you lack good football knowledge Shark. The Vinny Cerratos of the world believe in having elite skillplayers. The success NFL teams believe in building the OLine and DLine first You always go for an an above average OLine over an elite WR corps. An above average OLine:

1. Protects your QB.
2. Opens up holes for the running game.
3. Gives the QB time to get the ball out of his hands.

This is the reason why Nick Saban is an elite college coach and why Alabama is a top program each year....its the Oline stupid.

The fact that you want to run this team like you are playing Madden is hilarious. The fact that you feel we MUST draft a WR and sit them on the bench is laughable given how terrible this team is. I honestly mean this, you should apply for the Detroit Lions GM position and draft away. I wish someone would understand why you and can't understand this simple logic.

duke you are way way to harsh on shark .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skinsdad.. Its cool. Im used to people getting a little childish on the Internet when they dont agree with a particular opinion. But I have based my idea off of a few things.

1. You never draft a player out of percieved need as the first criteria. It seriously raises your chances of over evaluating a player and reaching.

2. You take the most talented player on the board unless said named player would not fit at all. ( Thus we should not draft a QB, K, P, or LS with the 34th pick. Anything else is open game)

3. Wr is the deepest position in this draft I will grant you. But the players I have listed that I would take IF there at 34 bring something we dont have at the position which i have listed so Im not going to type it again.

4. As i have stated, if OT or what ever is the best player on the board when we pick I will be fine with it. But I think the OT or its a bad pick is about as dumb as a fucking rock.

5. Any one that says this team does not need to get a Wr with some height that is more than a project is kidding themselves.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke, the actual fact is I want the team to take the most talented player available reguardless of position. Just happens that i think the players at that position when the 34th pick come up Wont be Offensive lineman. I also happen to think the real stupidity in this is drafting for position over talent and I think its a safe bet that you are over valueing the O-lineman that might be available because you believe the problems last year stemmed from not having elite talent on the O-line. So yes I would take a player who would add depth, height and possibly elite play to our WR group over an O-lineman that might make our O-line a little more average but in reality wont do a damn thing because its dumb as fuck to think an O-line will magically get better by plugging in four new starters which is what every one has been screaming for. O-lines are not built by plug and play. they are built by continuity.

shark you do seem to feel like this is a one year rebuild job . it isnt . no we shouldnt reach for an o/lineman nor should we draft the 4-6th wr spot with our top pick

wr at 34 should be like our 6th level of need behind , o/line , ilb , s, cb and te then wr

and if the best player shakes out to be wr then so be it

tell why cant drafting a moses be a sign to make the o/line elite ? yes we may overhall the o/line with 4 new guys however in year 2 that could be the best o/line in the division and arent we looking for long term success instead of short term gratification ?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Shark alot. He and Goldy were the first posters I posted with on ESPN. You have to admit, he has changed for some reason and is trying to assume the role of the new Justusceo for some reason. I don't know if he is acting or if this how he honestly feels. The Shark we all know is too smart to spew the garbage he is.