• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to make of this Alfred Morris statement?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what else would you call it sty ? they got out-manned , period

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well someone needed to say it. maybe next time we are in that situation the o line will play pissed, have tons of adrenaline, want to rip someones head off, be amped as fuck. thats how you score running in that situation because its massive grown men playing against massive grown men. trent williams isnt gonna just open up a hole because hes trent f'ing williams, he still has to put his all into it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really smart to call out your O-Line? Or am I the only one seeing it that way? I get it when we moan and groan about them here, but when a player not noted for making statements like that does so, I take note.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have just bootleg the qb on the goal line rg3 rg3 rg3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really smart to call out your O-Line? Or am I the only one seeing it that way? I get it when we moan and groan about them here, but when a player not noted for making statements like that does so, I take note.

Give me a break. I am sure that these guys talk among themselves all the time & I highly doubt that any of the O-lineman have any grudges against someone like Morris. He appears to be a true professional. I believe that the only goal is to light a fire under everyone on the offense including Morris himself.

You appear to read way too much into quotes & preseason games. Let it go. We should refrain from any real judgements until at least Oct to get a true read on this team.

HTTR

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AlMo also said this, so its not like he puts it all on the OL, he takes some blame too.

About his attempt to dive over the pile:
Alfred Morris said:
“That was a bad strategy,” Morris said. “I have never tried to go over before. I don’t know what I was thinking. I just wanted to get off the field. So, bad idea.”

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely no issue with Al Mos comments. Dude tells it like he sees it and takes personal accountability. What more could you ask for in a player? No politically correct mumbo jumbo. Guys a class act thru and thru.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened to be watching the game at that point and after the first attempt, I just thought it was dumb play calling to keep trying, unless of course the OC just wanted to see what his O-line was made of. I would have let RGIII take his chances on play action bootleg out on 2nd down, then come back to the run on 3rd down.

Also, I'm not that familiar with our offensive line, is the left side the best? All 4 attempts were over there, why not go to the right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again this all goes back to WE includes ME . he also said he messed up too

it is a non issue

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened to be watching the game at that point and after the first attempt, I just thought it was dumb play calling to keep trying, unless of course the OC just wanted to see what his O-line was made of. I would have let RGIII take his chances on play action bootleg out on 2nd down, then come back to the run on 3rd down.

Also, I'm not that familiar with our offensive line, is the left side the best? All 4 attempts were over there, why not go to the right?

TWilliams is by far our best player on that Oline. The left side with Lavaou has less problems than the other 3 at this point, but it's still early and it is preseason. Game planning and play calling will hopefully balance out SOME of our weaknesses on the Oline this year, until we can finally address depth more seriously next year...:hope: the good news is that our rooks Moses and Long, seem to be developing at a nice pace.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that someone pointed this out before. I think that this falls under the "OC just wanted to see what his O-line was made of" part of your reply. I see no way that they run these same 4 plays in a regular season game (and very likely might have kicked a FG on 4th down depending on the situation). I also believe that a bootleg by RG3 in a preseason game may not sit well with a lot of folks. I see no major cause for concern in this situation - might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, while we are telling it like it is... The play calling in that sequence was down right terrible and as vanilla as you can get. I think Gruden is seeing where his offensive line deficiencies are now. The LG pick up was not much of an upgrade over Licht, we are even on our moving Licht to center, our RG is still a problem and Polumbus is avg. IMO, our OLine is still an issue going into the season and was NOT improved.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, while we are telling it like it is... The play calling in that sequence was down right terrible and as vanilla as you can get. I think Gruden is seeing where his offensive line deficiencies are now. The LG pick up was not much of an upgrade over Licht, we are even on our moving Licht to center, our RG is still a problem and Polumbus is avg. IMO, our OLine is still an issue going into the season and was NOT improved.

You are probably are correct in terms of the current unit. However - I believe that you will see some changes over the course of the season that might eventually result in sending some of these guys packing. Even beyond that - this is a work in process & will probably require another year or two to have the correct personnel.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The play calling in that sequence was vanilla by design. Gruden said as much. His whole goal was to see how the unit did in smash mouth power blocking. He couldn't care less about the score. It was a preseason game. In a real game, you can bet Reed will be a major focus in that situation.

You are right, our OL was not upgraded at all with the moves we made. Our hope is that Long continues to come along and he replaces Chester sooner rather than later. I see OL as a major focus of next year's draft and/or FA.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling in that sequence was vanilla by design. Gruden said as much. His whole goal was to see how the unit did in smash mouth power blocking. He couldn't care less about the score. It was a preseason game. In a real game, you can bet Reed will be a major focus in that situation.

You are right, our OL was not upgraded at all with the moves we made. Our hope is that Long continues to come along and he replaces Chester sooner rather than later. I see OL as a major focus of next year's draft and/or FA.

You can't judge whether the O-line has been upgraded until later in the season. It depends if Lauvao makes an impact and also if guys like Moses move into the lineup and contribute.

Thank God Gruden treats the preseason in this matter. Quite the opposite of that idiot Spurrier who used to go all out in preseason (& then proceed to coach like a buffoon during the regular season).

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't judge whether the O-line has been upgraded until later in the season. It depends if Lauvao makes an impact and also if guys like Moses move into the lineup and contribute.

Thank God Gruden treats the preseason in this matter. Quite the opposite of that idiot Spurrier who used to go all out in preseason (& then proceed to coach like a buffoon during the regular season).

Well, based on what I've seen, I can judge. Lauvao doesn't appear to be any big upgrade at LG and Licht appears to be too small to play Center. He is getting pushed back into the pocket just as he was as a G last year. Now is the sample size small? I might give you that. But Lauvao wasn't any earth mover before he came here so its probably unrealistic to expect him to be very good now. If, and when, Moses or Long are ready to play, then we can reevaluate. But from what I've seen (and read), we will have a starting Oline that is pretty good at zone blocking and suspect at pocket protection and power blocking. Just like last year. No upgrade.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll always have Osaka...

2002-08-03-inside-spurrier.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him as a player. His rookie year, I think he had more contribution for that team's playoff appearance than RG3