• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the hell do we do now?!?!?!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If include rushing turnovers, make sure you include rushing TDs. 18 TDs to 15 turnovers.

And IDK about you, 3-8 is not a great stat to have either.
Good call, I missed that.

Hey retro, I thought you were in favor of Tim in St Louis?

To be honest, we hired Shawn Hill as a backup and I think he makes a good back up.

We should start Davis and who the hell knows what happens. :noidea:

Tim makes a decent No. 3 QB and would give the defense some work preparing for running QB's in practice.

We got a couple of those type of QB's we see twice a year...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call, I missed that.

Hey retro, I thought you were in favor of Tim in St Louis?

To be honest, we hired Shawn Hill as a backup and I think he makes a good back up.

We should start Davis and who the hell knows what happens. :noidea:

Tim makes a decent No. 3 QB and would give the defense some work preparing for running QB's in practice.

We got a couple of those type of QB's we see twice a year...

Yep Vita, I was a big proponent of Tebow coming to St Louis back when we had the many discussions about him. No doubt about that. But like I stated to Iowagerms, I think we have beaten that horse until there is little flesh left. I'd like to see him brought in but I don't think Fisher wants any part of the potential media circus now that he has to manage several other present ones with a number of players he already has.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And IDK about you, 3-8 is not a great stat to have either.
It isn't but Tebow's season he had isnt something that will be duplicated in the NFC West. It was a lot of blind luck. There is a reason Peyton chose Denver. He figured that if they made the playoffs with a TE at QB then anything was possible with him at QB.

I feel like its intellectually dishonest at this point to suggest that Tebow is going to tear it up in the league.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't but Tebow's season he had isnt something that will be duplicated in the NFC West. It was a lot of blind luck. There is a reason Peyton chose Denver. He figured that if they made the playoffs with a TE at QB then anything was possible with him at QB.

I feel like its intellectually dishonest at this point to suggest that Tebow is going to tear it up in the league.
Skip-Bayless-Chris-Carter-Stephen-A-Smith-Tim-Tebow.jpg

Was it a lot of blind luck or blind faith? :whistle:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd at least consider putting him on as the No. 3 QB, no fan fare there Retro and no loss of picks to get a QB with NFL 4th Quarter heart.

Besides, he does get our defense prepared at facing the likes of Kaep, Wilson or any other QB who has some skills to run from the pocket on occasion.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaep goes down with a season-ending injury, I would say 49ers should get Tebow to back up the back up they have now. And if McCoy would do terrible in games, I would say give Tebow a shot at starter. What would the 49ers have to lose in that situation?

I do think Tebow is very underappreciated because of Rex Ryan, who wasn't going to start Tebow even if Tebow scored a TD everytime he touched the ball in New York. Do I think he's an elite QB - no. Do I think he has been given a shot? Yes, he took a team to the playoffs. Since then he hasn't been given a shot though.

Are you even really a Niners' fan? McCoy is a Redskin, 3rd string. Gabbert is the Niners' backup.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams aren't searching for a QB because theirs doesn't have a season ending injury.
Jacksonville is doing the NFL Draft route, hasn't helped so far.
Denver only cut him because they got one of the best NFL QBs of all time.
NYJ will not be great on offense as long as Rex Ryan is coach. He does produce great Ds though.

If their QBs don't do good, I think Minnesota, Houston, Jacksonville, and St Louis should consider Tebow. I also think Tebow should forget working for SEC Network and join one of the minor leagues if nobody is hiring him.

This argument is ridiculous. Tebow isn't good enough to be backup for any NFL team, but if a team loses their starter, Tebow is the answer?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not advocating bringing Tebow in so please don't get me wrong. But from what I've read, he's been working with coaches and has dramatically improved his throwing abilities. He certainly has the character and disposition to be an NFL QB, just hasn't shown the skills. But what if he has improved significantly? Wouldn't he be worth just taking a look at? No commitment, just a look-see. If we could just surgically meld Bradford's arm with Tebow's physical prowess and fearless personality ....then we would have a QB. All I'm saying is that it isn't inconceivable that Tebow might have improved enough to play in this league. I don't think anybody here will argue his leadership, courage, and sheer will to win.....something Bradford sorely lacked.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden stated that Tebow's mechanics had some flaws that could be remedied with the right coaching. He is definitely bigger that any QB we have weighing in at a robust 250lbs. Perhaps Boss is correct and he is better than anybody remembers. A look-see would not hurt a thing.