• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Tennessee /SEC fans think of Oregon fans

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team ever plays at Oregon. Come on out.

We respect the hell out of opposing fanbases. Especially the blue bloods.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=59wi5lJHbTc[/ame]

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are an odd bunch but I like yas

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Best place I have ever been for a cfb game including Knoxville." -vol fan

"Better than all the SEC stadiums I have been to." -vol fan

" haven't paid for a drink or food all day" - vol fan

The last one I know to be true. We don't let you bring your own food or drink if we invite you to our tailgaters.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best cfb vid I have ever seen.

It is fitting for a lot of Duck fans I would think. Goosebumps for sure.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ks9ooB0DMoM[/ame]

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Best place I have ever been for a cfb game including Knoxville. -vol fan

"Better than all the SEC stadiums I have been to." -vol fan

" haven't paid for a drink or food all day" - vol fan

The last one I know to be true. We don't let you bring your own food or drink if we invite you to our tailgaters.

I went to Norman when they hammered us -- fans were great.
Went to the Big House when UO skull dragged them across the field -- a few of the fans were not so polite.
Went to the LSU/UO game at Texas Stadium -- LSU fans were awesome. Until I met a drunk f$&@ck at Whataburger after the game.
Been to a couple Civil Wars in Corvalis -- fans are pretty good considering the rivalry.
Been to Husky Stadium -- most fans were decent, but had the highest % of rude fans.
Been between the hedges four times, Athens is an awesome place. Was there when UGA dismantled LSU and witnessed three separate fights and a few arrests.
Went to Boone Pickens Stadium first game when they played UGA, smallest amount of tailgating I have ever experienced.
Best personal experience was in Norman. Had more beers given to me than anywhere and was invited to about 6 or 7 tailgate parties to try food. I accepted all of them even though I was so full it was tough to eat any more. To this day I stay in touch with the Jackson family I met there.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, with Washington this whole thing doesn't apply. And I am sure they feel the same and are a different group when Oregon isn't there.

Pretty much in conference games are not as friendly.

But overall, most places are full of good people and fans.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see that our fans had a great time (other than the outcome of the game) and were treated well :suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that is why I like Oklahoma quite a bit. And certainly why I like them more than Texas. Those guys were buttholes for the most part. But that was way back on 2000.

*I like Texas posters here quite a bit, so don't take it personal. But live, both in Norman and Eugene, Oky fans were very fun and awesome folks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it customary everywhere to buy someone a drink before you fuck em real good?

Or teabag them.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that is why I like Oklahoma quite a bit. And certainly why I like them more than Texas. Those guys were buttholes for the most part. But that was way back on 2000.

*I like Texas posters here quite a bit, so don't take it personal. But live, both in Norman and Eugene, Oky fans were very fun and awesome folks.

Funny you said that, we get bashed for making Austin too nice for visitors. I met a few oregon fans at the Alamo Bowl, was surprised at how few traveled to the bowl game. Ok bunch, the ducks fans didn't really seem to want to socialize.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you said that, we get bashed for making Austin too nice for visitors. I met a few oregon fans at the Alamo Bowl, was surprised at how few traveled to the bowl game. Ok bunch, the ducks fans didn't really seem to want to socialize.

The chewin' tobaccy stains on your wifebeater prolly turned them off.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chewin' tobaccy stains on your wifebeater prolly turned them off.

That's rich coming from an oklahoma fan. I think you have your stereotypes confused, now go back in your trailer and tell your wife/sister to make you some breakfast. See how that works?

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you assemble a large enough group of people, you will find assholes among them. This is true everywhere and among everyone. I've met Buddhist assholes. I've met Vols fans in Knoxville who, by their exhibitions deserve to be Darwined. It is not by absence but by rarity, by the preponderance rather the exception that we assess our experience among "others."

Being a Tennessee alum, my experiences of Knoxville and Neyland are colored by formative youth, compounded by decades, and familiar, like tying shoelaces, riding a bicycle, or casting a spinner. The home crowd is the home crowd, and I could wander amidst them while three sheets to the wind and be comfortable doing so.

The experience for me that stands out is being among the Big Orange Caravan, the traveling fans of the Volunteers. For the record, they are not universally pure in spirit. At a Chick-fil-A Kick-Off game, I had the misfortune of encountering a large man with anger management issues. Though he wasn't wearing the colors, he was in the company of Volunteers fans. However, the overwhelming majority of traveling Big Orange faithful have a reputation earned many times over. We are happy, good natured, generous to a fault, and eager to find or create a good time. We want to be good and memorable guests, welcome to return anytime.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I enjoyed LSU and Penn State fans the most.

Arkansas and Ole Miss are pretty good too.

Miss State and Auburn is about 50/50 depending on how much face paint they are wearing :lol:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ Mamba fishing for a hug.

:happy:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, you should travel to more games. Every fan base gives free drinks and food to the opposing fan bases at tailgate parties. Been going on for decades....

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best cfb video? LOL. You're high again aren't you. That video would put yoga practitioners to sleep. One Rose bowl win in nearly 100 years no national championships.

Ducks winning two Fiesta Bowls and playing for the Natty we have to live with. Back when your program was worth a shit - there was only the one option. Have fun in 3rd or 4th place in the PAC South.