• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What`s your thoughts guys/gal .......

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if lets say Denver finishes season on a low and Oz plays so-so. What does Denver do? With Manning I think it`s a no-brainer. He`s prob going to retire and if not I doubt Denver retains him and lets face it,he`s not the future anyway. I think resigning Brock,regardless how he finishes, they resign him. They really have no choice. If Elway is concerned that he might not be answer,what other options does he have? I looked at the Qb potential draft pks and other than Lynch, who is #1 rated and will be gone early and Goff (#2) who has thrown a ton of ints vs less than stellar defences, the picking is bad. You have guys like Hogan or Kessler that would be major projects more than likely and then you have the rest. Some say Wentz from North Dakota St 6`6 235 is a sleeper that has potential but other than that it`s not good at all. Then you look at FA`s...... As far as starting QB`s, the best of the bunch that could be available ( not resigned) are Bradford and Fitz. Would you take a chance on either of those two if they were available to compete with Oz? With Fitz ( who`s had prob his best yr ever and is more mobile than Bradford) or Sam who although he`s playing better now and his efficiency is pretty good,but lacks mobility and is injury risk? Denver could very well be in a huge Qb dilemma heading into next yr and to me anyway, the solutions and pkings are very slim as far as finding a franchise qb if Elway doesn`t feel Oz is his guy. Now if Oz performs well and Siemian looks hopeful then the outlook is at least brighter down the rd. If not, I see big probs at that position and no fixes in the near future at this point. What are your thoughts if Oz struggles and where do you think Denver could possibly look to keep this team a viable contender next yr? I`am nervous as hell if Brock fails.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be a breeze floating in the wind ...

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Shame we did not take a #1 rated QB in the draft but what the heck do I know ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purple rain

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are fine IMO OZ is legit.. he needs to play football and not check down all the time ..He needs to play to win ..

NE game is all the proof you need .. Kubiak need to lighten the #### up and let the kid play . I say play to win at all cost every play every game ...no playing not to lose that crap bites you in the hinny every time .

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if lets say Denver finishes season on a low and Oz plays so-so. What does Denver do? With Manning I think it`s a no-brainer. He`s prob going to retire and if not I doubt Denver retains him and lets face it,he`s not the future anyway. I think resigning Brock,regardless how he finishes, they resign him. They really have no choice. If Elway is concerned that he might not be answer,what other options does he have? I looked at the Qb potential draft pks and other than Lynch, who is #1 rated and will be gone early and Goff (#2) who has thrown a ton of ints vs less than stellar defences, the picking is bad. You have guys like Hogan or Kessler that would be major projects more than likely and then you have the rest. Some say Wentz from North Dakota St 6`6 235 is a sleeper that has potential but other than that it`s not good at all. Then you look at FA`s...... As far as starting QB`s, the best of the bunch that could be available ( not resigned) are Bradford and Fitz. Would you take a chance on either of those two if they were available to compete with Oz? With Fitz ( who`s had prob his best yr ever and is more mobile than Bradford) or Sam who although he`s playing better now and his efficiency is pretty good,but lacks mobility and is injury risk? Denver could very well be in a huge Qb dilemma heading into next yr and to me anyway, the solutions and pkings are very slim as far as finding a franchise qb if Elway doesn`t feel Oz is his guy. Now if Oz performs well and Siemian looks hopeful then the outlook is at least brighter down the rd. If not, I see big probs at that position and no fixes in the near future at this point. What are your thoughts if Oz struggles and where do you think Denver could possibly look to keep this team a viable contender next yr? I`am nervous as hell if Brock fails.

It's a tough situation for the Broncos to be in for sure. Ideally, Brock would have seen more playing time by now for a better long term assessment. I agree that they're going to have to get him a new contract for 2016 with Peyton retiring (most likely). I like the athleticism, calmness and maturity that we've seen from Oz so far but it's just too early to really know what the Broncos have in Brock. I suppose they'll get him under contract and bring in a FA for competition next year and take it from there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we drafted Roby

I'm guessing you are talking about Teddy Bridgewater? The QB that has the 26th highest QB Rating this season? He has had some good games but not sure he has shown to be a top-10 QB. Believe me I was a big fan of his but he has shown that he struggles in pressure situations, doesn't have a great deep ball, and not all that great of an intermediate ball so far. He also struggles playing under Center. Last year they had him in the shot gun most of the season and he did decent. He is like Manning though that playing under Center is just a real struggle.

Now this does not include last weeks game but before that from under Center Bridgewater only completed 59.5% of his passes with 2 touchdowns to 2 interceptions.

Out of the shot gun that number jumps to 67.1% completion and 6 touchdowns to 5 interceptions.

His rookie year was even more evidence of this with a 48% completion percentage when playing under center and 3 touchdowns to 8 interceptions

Out of the shot gun he had a 70% completion with 12 touchdowns to 4 interceptions.

So not exactly a QB that fits the system that our coaches want to run. Under the old regime I guess you could say he made sense but even there like I said he has struggled a lot when his team is down and they are needing him to make the plays.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will resign Oz regardless of how the team finishes. Maybe offer a 3 year extension with some incentives. The team can't go into the 2016 season with all unknowns on offense. The line is bad enough as it is. Keep Oz and build the line through the draft/FA/guys returning from injury so you're not breaking in a new line and QB. Also, sign a veteran backup (don't laugh but it wouldn't surprise me to see Brandon Weeden or someone like that brought in) because I doubt the team will enter the year with Oz, Siemian and a rookie they pick up in the draft.

I like the idea of giving Oz the keys after a "break-in" period this year and a complete off season of preparation for his new role as the starter. I think we'd be in good hands.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the topic at hand. If Oz struggles down the stretch I would say you sign him to a short deal. I don't see any of the rookies who are actually ready to play day 1. Lynch is probably the closest but coming from a small school that would be a huge leap to day 1 starter. Throw in because QB's are overdrafted and this is such a weak class good chance he goes top-10 and very slim chance that we have the firepower to trade up that far and get a guy that high. Throw in I hope we wouldn't as I wouldn't want to put so many eggs in one basket in the hopes of that guy becoming your future.

Now I do think one of Goff, Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg is there for us in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft and maybe you take one to compete/hope that they become your future. They all need a year to develop at least so give them that year.

I still am holding out hope that Osweiler develops for us. He has shown up big in big moments in just a few short games. We need to see more but I do think the coaches are handcuffing him a bit. I wish they would just let him go out and play and see what happens. This is a perfect week to do that as we are already huge underdogs in the game so if we lose then well it was expected. If he goes out and lets loose and does well then you know good chance you have your future at the QB position and that would probably mean we went out and won the game that nobody expected us to win!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree with the sentiments that argue they need to let Brock go out and play. I get the conservative game plan at San Diego. But against the Raiders when the team was settling for FGs instead of punching it in (and later getting shut out entirely) I think the coaching staff should have recognized it was time to go deeper into the play book and dial up something new. This is vital because they'll need to be able to do it in the playoffs this year if they are still starting Oz instead of Manning.

(Have to admit, part of me is still hoping for a story book finish for Manning. More for what it would mean to the team than him personally but I do think he is a class act who has earned the benefit of the doubt and one last shot.)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree somewhat with the conservative play calling beef but there were quite a few times that they did "attempt" to throw deeper and Oz had no time back there either. Also, their were plays called to extend the field and Oz held the ball too long because of "his" indecisiveness as well. I believe they did give Oz enough plays but because of the aforementioned,they were unsuccessful. Not to mention the drops by wrs. Remember. Oz threw for 311 yds and without those drops it could of been much much better. Missing a wide open Green in end zone was all on Brock as well. I will say the play calling in the red zone fits the bill for conservative as the most defining.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree somewhat with the conservative play calling beef but there were quite a few times that they did "attempt" to throw deeper and Oz had no time back there either. Also, their were plays called to extend the field and Oz held the ball too long because of "his" indecisiveness as well. I believe they did give Oz enough plays but because of the aforementioned,they were unsuccessful. Not to mention the drops by wrs. Remember. Oz threw for 311 yds and without those drops it could of been much much better. Missing a wide open Green in end zone was all on Brock as well. I will say the play calling in the red zone fits the bill for conservative as the most defining.

I agree Osweiler does bring some of this on himself. I think though part of that is they have harped so much on not turning the ball over. The kid has a great arm so just tell him to trust it and go out and play. Also I do agree on the sacks. Some of it is the OL is doing a terrible job. Another part of it though is he isn't doing them any favors. To me it is not so much that he is holding onto the ball too much but that it is he is going side to side when he feels any kind of pressure instead of stepping up into the pocket. That last play against the Raiders is a great example in Mack doesn't have a shot at him if he goes straight forward instead of heading to the left right into the arms of Mack.

Furby

It's all Good
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Oz some help from his O line and get more imaginative with play calling. Let Peyton win one more game - for the record - then retire on top of the game. He has been special for the Broncos, but, now it's time to ride off into the (orange and blue) sunset.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we are looking for a new QB next year, what about RG3? Familiar with similar system and needs out of Washington.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we are looking for a new QB next year, what about RG3? Familiar with similar system and needs out of Washington.

I live in the DC area. Trust me, you do not want the media circus that is RGIII. It would be very similar to the Tebow season, but more controversial due to RG's personality.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the DC area. Trust me, you do not want the media circus that is RGIII. It would be very similar to the Tebow season, but more controversial due to RG's personality.
Not only do I agree but I don't think RG3 is WAS anyway.:)

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do I agree but I don't think RG3 is WAS anyway.:)

I agree. He would need a serious personality fix. Just looking at the slim pickings out there. I don't think Oz can implode enough to not give him a chance next year.