• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What QB's would you rather have??

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap has done then all of them put together so far. 2 NFC championship games and 1 Superbowl. Plus throw in the reason they won all those games was because of Kap. Also throw in that Kap has already has 3 playoff road wins in the playoffs. Road wins: In GB, Carolina and in Atlanta.

He sat his ass on the bench for 1 of those NFC championships. Its hardly fair to count that.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I was just giving Luck props. I will give Kap another year. He has more than earned that. If he doesn't take a step then I will change my mind. But the only Qb's who are above and beyond better than him are old guys who don't have a lot of time left, aside from Rodgers. So I am happy with him. Even at where he is now.. the team is still good enough to win a Superbowl.

This, exactly this.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I was just giving Luck props. I will give Kap another year. He has more than earned that. If he doesn't take a step then I will change my mind. But the only Qb's who are above and beyond better than him are old guys who don't have a lot of time left, aside from Rodgers. So I am happy with him. Even at where he is now.. the team is still good enough to win a Superbowl.

precisely

teams need to staff their squad to compete and win games against there division rivals - first and foremost
give him a receiver who can compete against Sherman, ala a Jeffrey or Marshall type, and you will see how good Kaepernick can become

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
precisely

teams need to staff their squad to compete and win games against there division rivals - first and foremost
give him a receiver who can compete against Sherman, ala a Jeffrey or Marshall type, and you will see how good Kaepernick can become

Of course Kap is going to get another year. And he should. Unless they can get someone better, then he shouldn't. But that's not going to happen, because teams with good QBs almost never get rid of them.

But dude, now he needs even better receivers? He has two (TWO!) pro bowler caliber receivers. True, for the majority of his time starting he has only had one of them at a time. But it's not like he has no talent around him. It's ludicrous to think that he has to be surrounded by pro bowlers at every position before he can truly show his eliteness. Not to mention, if they foolishly give him that 100 million contract they won't have the money to bring in big name free agents from other teams.

I'm sorry, but a lot of you guys are making some terrible arguments. Team success does not neccessarily equal an individual player's success. LaMichael James was the primary returner during our playoff run, does that automatically make him an elite returner? Is Tony Jerod-Edie an elite backup Dlineman because he has been on two great teams?

Kap played somewhat better during the playoffs for the most part but his entire body of work has below average for an NFL QB to this point. He has a ton of talent and will make some incredible plays, but then he was also kill the team as well. And no, he doesn't make nearly as many incredible plays as someone like Romo, who is an above average QB. Kap has to get better and more consistently better if we ever want to win a Superbowl. Or, we have to get a new QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sat his ass on the bench for 1 of those NFC championships. Its hardly fair to count that.

2012 NFCC, 2013 NFCC, and 2012 Super Bowl. 2012 was a bit of a double dip. Personally, I would have said 1 SB, two NFCC's, two divisionals, and one WC. Just kidding, Kaep has had a lot of success with this team. So has Harbaugh. So has Willis. It's a team game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People also forget we would of won the super bowl if our D showed up. Kap was on fire during the super bowl.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just noticing that any negativity that gets brought up, gets you labled as a fake fan...

No when people start saying we need to trade map or draft another QB or say RG3, Newton,Romo, Cutler Tennhan, Foles are better are fake fans or people that know nothing.

Kap still needs to improve. Every QB needs to improve every year. To say he isn't in the top 10 or say its time to get rid of him is a joke.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People do not know how to evaluate the QB position.

"What has some of these QBs done?"

This is a terrible argument. Do I have to bring up the old Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Dan Marino didnt? It's because of the teams around them.

Remember, we went to the NFC championship and damn near the superbowl with this same team with Alex Smith. Dont act like Kaepernick is some god and brought us out of no where.

One more thing.....30th in the league in passing this year....

The 30th in the league passing thing is misleading. Fact is we ran the ball a lot. Another fact: Kaepernick's passer rating was 91.6, which is a lot closer to the top than it is to the bottom.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Purgu said that Kaep was the QB in two NFC championship games. Nothing untrue about that at all.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 10 QB would be capable of reading a defense and going through progressions and wouldn't have such horrifically bad clock management issues and mental errors.

To this point, when you look at his entire body of work it has been subpar. We can't even get consistent mediocrity out of the guy. His play is way too up and down. When its up its pretty solidly up but when it's down? Oh man is it down. If he can't improve we have to cut bait before we get tied to a $100 million mistake.

I would rather roll with a cheapish vet like McCown for a few years and hope he can Alex Smith us to a Superbowl while maintaining an elite team around him than roll with a expensive woulda, coulda, shoulda in Kap who isn't good enough to elevate the guys around him like a top flight QB can. In the first scenario we might win a fluke Superbowl. In the second we will never win anything until we can get out from under that albatross of a player/contract.

Who knows if Kap will improve next year. He didn't this year (if anything, he regressed) so I'm not going to hold my breath. But to say things like "Naw man, he's T7, don't worry about it, he'll just Steve Young it up from here on out" is amazingly short-sighted. They definitely need to look at QBs (either a vet or rookie) if the right one presents himself. And they shouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger on one high in the draft. Kap hasn't proven he's a franchise QB and until you have one, you have got to keep looking for one.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No when people start saying we need to trade map or draft another QB or say RG3, Newton,Romo, Cutler Tennhan, Foles are better are fake fans or people that know nothing.

Kap still needs to improve. Every QB needs to improve every year. To say he isn't in the top 10 or say its time to get rid of him is a joke.

So you can honestly say that you never, even once, said that .." I wish we had so and so rather than so and so..."... can you 100% honestly say that you've never done that???

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather roll with a cheapish vet like McCown for a few years and hope he can Alex Smith us to a Superbowl while maintaining an elite team around him than roll with a expensive woulda, coulda, shoulda in Kap who isn't good enough to elevate the guys around him like a top flight QB can.

This reminds me of the Singletary rant on Vernon Davis.

This also reminds me of the quote that says "I would rather let 100 guilty men free then to put one innocent man in prison." To be honest with you, I would rather have one innocent man in prison then 100 guilty men free, if the guilty men includes murders, rapists, etc. Those people, in the aggregate, are bound to kill or permanently injure more than one innocent person. Having said that, that quote is silly because you never have that option. I would also never volunteer to be imprisoned innocently so that 100 guilty men stay in prison, partly because I know that wouldn't prevent someone else from wrecking havoc.