• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What P5 conference not named 'The PAC' would take Washington

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethier way I think they get separated.

But I don’t see the B12 adding any Pac12 teams. Not because they don’t want to.
I know I give you shit man, but for WVU best interests, they need to be aggressive and grab 4 schools, maybe 6 in order to give schools like WV, KSU, Baylor and Iowa St stability. I know the travel from Morgantown to LA is rough, hell even a trip to Tucson but I'm sure it can be worked out coming off a bye or having a bye right after. Maybe have a neutral site game in Jerry's world.. ?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RRSO isn't going anywhere.

Hope that helps.
i agree, even if they split UT and ou into different divisions, that will always be a permanent cross over game..at the cotton bowl. It's the best Rivalry game in the land

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I give you shit man, but for WVU best interests, they need to be aggressive and grab 4 schools, maybe 6 in order to give schools like WV, KSU, Baylor and Iowa St stability. I know the travel from Morgantown to LA is rough, hell even a trip to Tucson but I'm sure it can be worked out coming off a bye or having a bye right after. Maybe have a neutral site game in Jerry's world.. ?

It’s impossible to imagine WVU would be ok with the B12 going west. The B12 survives as long as Texas is there. I’m honestly shocked someone like Texas would be for it. They run the B12 and adding another prestigious school(s) could hurt their power some and is more costs to their non revenue making sports. Although yes adding someone like usc likely brings about much more money.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s impossible to imagine WVU would be ok with the B12 going west. The B12 survives as long as Texas is there. I’m honestly shocked someone like Texas would be for it. They run the B12 and adding another prestigious school(s) could hurt their power some and is more costs to their non revenue making sports. Although yes adding someone like usc likely brings about much more money.
Bingo.. and I doubt SC would really rock the boat, from the PAC fans I speak to, it seems the school in Palo Alto is the problem.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll answer this as an Iowa State Alumnus and Fan. Right On! I 100% support what is best for the Big Xii, as that is what is what is best for Iowa State. I LOVED the addition of West Virginia - when the Xii was teetering, as it was a solid add + ISU vs. WVU is fun in both football and men's basketball. I also would 100% support the Washington Huskies for the same reason with whichever other program(s) they bring with them. Might suck for West Virginia and Washington against each other, but I think having a conference from East to West would be awesome - especially for the programs in the middle.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 fans would have this view @ Husky Stadium.

huskystadium11.jpg

huskystadium32.jpg

huskystadium6.jpg

SPTSTAILGATEBOATS-slide-MNSD-jumbo.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 fans would have this view @ Husky Stadium.

huskystadium11.jpg

huskystadium32.jpg

huskystadium6.jpg

SPTSTAILGATEBOATS-slide-MNSD-jumbo.jpg
Honestly isn't it boat weather for like the first couple weeks and after that its cold and misty or rainy and no one in their right mind would be on those boats. In Sept average temp is high of 67 with a low of 55. Not really too bad but chicks on boats aint in bikinis. In Oct it goes down to 59/50. No one wants to be on a boat and seriously who cares if you can see one. You're there for a game. In Nov it gets to 51/43. So again its water you don't want to be in with boats filled with people in down jackets drinking to keep warm.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly isn't it boat weather for like the first couple weeks and after that its cold and misty or rainy and no one in their right mind would be on those boats. In Sept average temp is high of 67 with a low of 55. Not really too bad but chicks on boats aint in bikinis. In Oct it goes down to 59/50. No one wants to be on a boat and seriously who cares if you can see one. You're there for a game. In Nov it gets to 51/43. So again its water you don't want to be in with boats filled with people in down jackets drinking to keep warm.
the-finest-hour-17-gif-bar-hopping-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus water temperature is in the 50’s - 60’s. People go tubing and hang out in the river before they boat up to Baylor games.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus water temperature is in the 50’s - 60’s. People go tubing and hang out in the river before they boat up to Baylor games.

Agreed. UW is simply not a destination. Nothing special about Husky Stadium

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are definitely the loudest criers. Never seen so many tears as when Oregon trounced them again last season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope to see a game there . Its college and every place should be experienced if possible. I've been to two Seahawks games but never UW. Oregon is another for me.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, even if they split UT and ou into different divisions, that will always be a permanent cross over game..at the cotton bowl. It's the best Rivalry game in the land

That's what the ACC did with FSU & Miami. Put them in different divisions but still let them play every year, thinking a re-match in the CCG would be a bonifide attention-getter. But since then, both teams have fallen on hard times.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are definitely the loudest criers. Never seen so many tears as when Oregon trounced them again last season.

If the Big 12 were to add anyone from the west, it would most likely be the Arizona and/or southern Cali schools, and maybe Utah and/or BYU; but probably not more than 3 schools out west and one from the east to give West Virginia a travel partner (Cincinnati, maybe). And that is if those schools are willing to come.

Washington would be out of the loop unless Oregon was also in the picture because you don't want to take an isolated school from the northwest.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Big 12 were to add anyone from the west, it would most likely be the Arizona and/or southern Cali schools, and maybe Utah and/or BYU; but probably not more than 3 schools out west and one from the east to give West Virginia a travel partner (Cincinnati, maybe). And that is if those schools are willing to come.

Washington would be out of the loop unless Oregon was also in the picture because you don't want to take an isolated school from the northwest.
I hear you, but I just don't see the Big 12 expanding East for Cincinnati. If they aren't going West but still plan to expand, I would be quick to add Tulane and try to convince Arkansas that they would be in a much better situation to competing in the Big 12. Sacrifice some money in the TV deal, however having UT,ou, osu, Tech travel to Fayetteville would be big.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulane wouldn't add much, if anything, to the league, competition-wise; and, right now, neither would Arkansas. But the Hogs would draw good crowds for Texas, Oklahoma, Okie State & Texas Tech. La. Tech might actually be a better add than Tulane if they wanted a presence in Louisiana.

But better adds from the east could be found in UCF and either USF or Memphis.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but I just don't see the Big 12 expanding East for Cincinnati. If they aren't going West but still plan to expand, I would be quick to add Tulane and try to convince Arkansas that they would be in a much better situation to competing in the Big 12. Sacrifice some money in the TV deal, however having UT,ou, osu, Tech travel to Fayetteville would be big.

Ouch.