• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What P5 conference not named 'The PAC' would take Washington

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma & Washington would definitely be the two premier teams of an expanded Big 12.

Well, you got that half right. Oklahoma and whichever other team or two that was on a temporary upswing would be the premier teams of an expanded Big 12. Depending on coaching & recruiting luck, it would probably alternate between Texas, Baylor, and possibly one of the expansion teams. I'm not sure Washington would be one of those.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you got that half right. Oklahoma and whichever other team or two that was on a temporary upswing would be the premier teams of an expanded Big 12. Depending on coaching & recruiting luck, it would probably alternate between Texas, Baylor, and possibly one of the expansion teams. I'm not sure Washington would be one of those.

This is true. By leaving the PAC, UW would cut off their recruiting to SoCal and AZ. They already lose most of their elite in-state prospects to Ohio State.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Sky?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma & Washington would definitely be the two premier teams of an expanded Big 12.
UW only has a winning record against half the Big 12. they havent played WVU but id bet on the Mountaineers.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW only has a winning record against half the Big 12. they havent played WVU but id bet on the Mountaineers.
it's the off season.. if Texas went to the SEC or B16 or ACC or the PAC.. I too would think about posting about the new premier school in so and so conference..but since I'm not an aggy, I won't.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. It would have to be schools from red states imo so that the Big 12 doesn't catch the PAC 12 blue state cancer.
sorry to break it to you, but Washington is definitely a "Blue" state now.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the off season.. if Texas went to the SEC or B16 or ACC or the PAC.. I too would think about posting about the new premier school in so and so conference..but since I'm not an aggy, I won't.
Texas claiming to be a new premier in the ACC where they have a winning record vs 6 and a losing against only 3 is a easier sell.
against the SEC 11-2-1 i see it.
Big record is 8-3-1
Pac 9-2-1
so year it makes sense as an idea.

Texas and 4 NC is more premier than UW .5

on the other hand recent records might dispute history as far as just because Texas (or any school in question) used to be able to just beat up on schools from other conferences like Cal, Indiana, Pitt, and ole miss doesnt mean they still would.
college football in 2020 is not the same as in 1963

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas claiming to be a new premier in the ACC where they have a winning record vs 6 and a losing against only 3 is a easier sell.
against the SEC 11-2-1 i see it.
Big record is 8-3-1
Pac 9-2-1
so year it makes sense as an idea.

Texas and 4 NC is more premier than UW .5

on the other hand recent records might dispute history as far as just because Texas (or any school in question) used to be able to just beat up on schools from other conferences like Cal, Indiana, Pitt, and ole miss doesnt mean they still would.
college football in 2020 is not the same as in 1963
clearly you have never met an aggy sir..

texas-am-gainesville-billboard.jpg

It's also a real treat to read stuff that always refer themselves as the Premier in state SEC football powerhouse, and describe kids as SEC West caliber DL/OL players.. then bitch when those same kids go to LSU, Bama or FL

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 North
Washington
Utah
Iowa St.
Kansas
Kansas St.
West Virginia

Big 12 South
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that’s never going to happen. They’d definitely have to split up Texas and Oklahoma. True story

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that’s never going to happen. They’d definitely have to split up Texas and Oklahoma. True story
Texas and ou were lumped together in the South when the Big 12 actually had 12 schools. Nebraska had it easy now thinking back on it, they haven't fared better in the B16 for sure

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and ou were lumped together in the South when the Big 12 actually had 12 schools. Nebraska had it easy now thinking back on it, they haven't fared better in the B16 for sure

No chance they don’t split them this time. Although Washington is a nice name it has no where near the prestige or tradition Nebraska did with both those two. They’d definitely split OU and Texas up this time. I have zero doubts about that. The one that would get screwed a bit in this would be okie Jr and not playing Texas yearly.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance they don’t split them this time. Although Washington is a nice name it has no where near the prestige or tradition Nebraska did with both those two. They’d definitely split OU and Texas up this time. I have zero doubts about that. The one that would get screwed a bit in this would be okie Jr and not playing Texas yearly.
no they wouldn't, RRS should be the only game played between the schools unless they meet up in the CFP. Now they may lump WV to the south and have a school like TCU go North. That I can see if this scenario plays out

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they wouldn't, RRS should be the only game played between the schools unless they meet up in the CFP. Now they may lump WV to the south and have a school like TCU go North. That I can see if this scenario plays out

Like hell they wouldn’t. The thought of an OU Texas conference champ game would make bowlsbyuy and others wet their pants. 0% chance they are in the same division.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like hell they wouldn’t. The thought of an OU Texas conference champ game would make bowlsbyuy and others wet their pants. 0% chance they are in the same division.
Again, it was like that for the longest and despite the bowlsby orgasm..it's only happened once for the CCG. if they would add two more schools from north or northwest, they wouldn't separate UT/OU.. However if they go west and add 4 they probably would separate them

West East
SC ou
UCLA tcu
AZ osu
ASU ksu
Tech ku
UT iowa st
Baylor WV

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it was like that for the longest and despite the bowlsby orgasm..it's only happened once for the CCG. if they would add two more schools from north or northwest, they wouldn't separate UT/OU.. However if they go west and add 4 they probably would separate them

West East
SC ou
UCLA tcu
AZ osu
ASU ksu
Tech ku
UT iowa st
Baylor WV

Ethier way I think they get separated.

But I don’t see the B12 adding any Pac12 teams. Not because they don’t want to.