• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What other coaches are on death watch?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am down in the south so get most of Tampa's games on local tv. That is not all Tom's fault. Half their o-line is on IR, his receivers are crap. They dont believe in running, when they do run it, see o-line comment above, it is bad
I agree, especially on the running game. I also think Leonard Fournette should be getting less carries. Maybe a 50/50 split with White. Just to make defenses think about it and be able to use play action better which helps Brady. The Oline being banged up makes Brady have to check down almost every play. Defenses can blanket Evans and then just crowd the first 5 yards and stop everything at the L.O.S. It's boring and vanilla but any kind of improvement in the run game can change that, at least to a point where defenses don't have it so easy.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, especially on the running game. I also think Leonard Fournette should be getting less carries. Maybe a 50/50 split with White. Just to make defenses think about it and be able to use play action better which helps Brady. The Oline being banged up makes Brady have to check down almost every play. Defenses can blanket Evans and then just crowd the first 5 yards and stop everything at the L.O.S. It's boring and vanilla but any kind of improvement in the run game can change that, at least to a point where defenses don't have it so easy.

Yeah, they are trying to make Fournette the no.1 back and he has never been that guy.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they are trying to make Fournette the no.1 back and he has never been that guy.
I agree but he's Brady's pal so they keep trying to run him. I think Fournette is a good straight ahead, hit the hole runner when the line is blocking well and can be relatively successful doing that but he doesn't seem to be a guy that can break tackles or make guys miss consistently. Still young at 27 but has limitations. Maybe I'm off base there because I haven't watched him enough, I don't know. He just doesn't look like a yards after contact runner.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but he's Brady's pal so they keep trying to run him. I think Fournette is a good straight ahead, hit the hole runner when the line is blocking well and can be relatively successful doing that but he doesn't seem to be a guy that can break tackles or make guys miss consistently. Still young at 27 but has limitations. Maybe I'm off base there because I haven't watched him enough, I don't know. He just doesn't look like a yards after contact runner.

To me, he is an old 27, if that makes any sense. I think his time in Jacksonville did him in as they wanted him to be the no.1 for several seasons. They do a better job running the football when they split carries which is what they did the previous two seasons with Fournette & Ronald Jones. You don't see many split carries between him & White. Although White has started the game and then you don't see him the rest of the game. The way they are running the offense this season in Tampa is vastly different from the previous two Brady seasons. I'm wondering if this is due to Bowles and his conservative style which is opposite if Arians aggressive attack. I'm not exactly sure where to pinpoint but I do think that has somewhat of a role. There are rumors of Brady to SF, LV, NO and back with Tampa for 2023. Seeing Brady with your Seahawks would be cool too imo.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, he is an old 27, if that makes any sense. I think his time in Jacksonville did him in as they wanted him to be the no.1 for several seasons. They do a better job running the football when they split carries which is what they did the previous two seasons with Fournette & Ronald Jones. You don't see many split carries between him & White. Although White has started the game and then you don't see him the rest of the game. The way they are running the offense this season in Tampa is vastly different from the previous two Brady seasons. I'm wondering if this is due to Bowles and his conservative style which is opposite if Arians aggressive attack. I'm not exactly sure where to pinpoint but I do think that has somewhat of a role. There are rumors of Brady to SF, LV, NO and back with Tampa for 2023. Seeing Brady with your Seahawks would be cool too imo.
I could see Brady re-uniting with Josh McDaniels in Vegas if they want to move on from Carr. Carr's dead cap is only around 5 mil. The Seahawks are an interesting thought and @Tapey would be over the moon at that possibility. Kinda hard to envision that. For all the talk of San Fran, I don't really see it. They need to find out what Trey Lance is or isn't and they need to pay Bosa T.J. Watt type money. Have to see how their play-off run shakes out. Gonna be an interesting storyline in the off season though.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Brady re-uniting with Josh McDaniels in Vegas if they want to move on from Carr. Carr's dead cap is only around 5 mil. The Seahawks are an interesting thought and @Tapey would be over the moon at that possibility. Kinda hard to envision that. For all the talk of San Fran, I don't really see it. They need to find out what Trey Lance is or isn't and they need to pay Bosa T.J. Watt type money. Have to see how their play-off run shakes out. Gonna be an interesting storyline in the off season though.

Yeah, if not Tampa Bay for 2023, I could see Vegas as the option since he ran McDaniel's offense for years. I also disagree on the SF theory. I know many speculate on it, but I can't see him running that system since it calls for a lot of bootlegs and such. Shanahan will not change his system to fit Brady for a year and it doesn't even make sense for him to do that. I think if Brady plays another season, it will be in Tampa. I can't see him at 46 going to another system - SF or NO. We'll see tho.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the AFC, it looks to me like those that were going to get the axe already got it...maybe Lovie gets it in Houston, but that team plays hard for him and they just don't have talent...but Houston is Houston and they might do Houston things.
Texans have some talent but they don't have enough of it this year

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady came to Seattle I would make this place insufferable @HaroldSeattle would have to ban his bestie!

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis wants to come back and coach.

F*** Marvin Lewis. But looking at you teams who are struggling to get to the postseason. You can do alot worse. You're in no position to say no.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a lot of coaches getting fired at the end of the season, including Bowles in Tampa, Rivera in Washington, Kingsbury in Arizona, Smith in Houston, Allen in New Orleans, and McDaniels in Las Vegas.

Some people think Jerry could fire Mike McCarthy in Dallas, and I think it would be smart for him to do that and hire Sean Peyton. But I suspect he sticks with McCarthy even if they go one and done in the playoffs.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a lot of coaches getting fired at the end of the season, including Bowles in Tampa, Rivera in Washington, Kingsbury in Arizona, Smith in Houston, Allen in New Orleans, and McDaniels in Las Vegas.

Some people think Jerry could fire Mike McCarthy in Dallas, and I think it would be smart for him to do that and hire Sean Peyton. But I suspect he sticks with McCarthy even if they go one and done in the playoffs.
I think the Mccarthy thing could be more about how they lose in the playoffs. I guess they could potentially win a couple games too but they can't play like they did last year with all the mental mistakes or McCarthy's seat will be hot for sure. It's one thing to lose a hard fought game to a better team but it's another to lay an egg. I think that goes for most teams and coaches but somewhat more so in Dallas. Expectations are pretty high, I think after a second 12 win season. As for McDaniels in Vegas, he's absolutely safe, imo. By team management allowing him to get rid of Carr this way, they are telling everyone it's his team for the foreseeable future.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I could see Tampa making a somewhat surprise firing by letting Bowles go even though he made the playoffs.

For McCarthy, I think it'll be about how/when Dallas exits the playoffs.

Smith could easily be gone in Houston. Sure, he had the team playing hard late in the year, but they're about to start over with a new rookie QB, so they might want to start anew at HC and on offense too.

I'd add Staley as a potential firing. Sure, they made the playoffs, but if they're sent home in rd 1, this could be their chance to land Sean Peyton.

I think JIm Harbaugh is watching the NFL openings very closely.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Saints might as well keep Allen.
There is no head coach in their right mind would want to jump into that mess for the next couple years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis wants to come back and coach.

F*** Marvin Lewis. But looking at you teams who are struggling to get to the postseason. You can do alot worse. You're in no position to say no.
Marvin should come back. The league is short about 10 good head coaches. For every Nick Sirianni or Zac Taylor there are 3 brandon staleys, matt nagys and kliff kingsburys.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith could easily be gone in Houston. Sure, he had the team playing hard late in the year, but they're about to start over with a new rookie QB, so they might want to start anew at HC and on offense too.
Lovie brought in Pep Hamilton on offense and developed the run game. They should get the chance with a top young QB.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariens might want to come back and take over?

Maybe Peyton comes back to New Orleans?

Charges collapse again he might be gone?

Kingsbury might get the axe?

I don't think they'll all happen...but???
Peyton saw the writing on the wall, that's why he quit. Saints have too many issues.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick