• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What other coaches are on death watch?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but do they have the balls to fire a black head coach right now? I think he is safe for next season.
Owners have had no issues firing black head coaches in the past. The evidence would probably even suggest the opposite

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners have had no issues firing black head coaches in the past. The evidence would probably even suggest the opposite
yeah but right now a little different (so it seems to me) with so many reasons that would be used why it isnt him.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what NO will do. They haven’t quit, but their short term future is not bright imo. Drew Brees deserves all the credit he’s ever been given.

I feel bad for Bowles too. He can’t make guys run block. And I don’t know if anyone can make Brady not throw to shoe tops anymore. But Kyle Shannahan will prolly give it a try next year. I assume Tom goes home, chasing one more ring. Saying I love you to his mom and dad and kids and their step moms.
I don't think there's much chance of Brady being a Niner next year but if he is it's for one year only. Still a big longshot, they now have the QB position covered on small contracts which is how you win in this league, spending the money everywhere else. Brady isn't taking a pay cut to move to the team he still hates for passing on him in the draft 5 times.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine the Cardinals should fire both their head coach and GM but they both got reupped last year. I suspect only one of the two will get fired.

Todd Bowles' seat has to be a little warm

Word around AZ talk radio is that Keim will be out. They fired their o-line coach because a sexual harassment allegation, turns out that coach looked similar to Steve Keim, and shortly after Keim stepped away from the team for “health” reasons.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belicheck is on Cowher status. He has the job until he chooses to leave. He is untouchable.
Yep he earned those stripes … I think the only way he would get fired is if the team was just sucking big time for several years…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's much chance of Brady being a Niner next year but if he is it's for one year only. Still a big longshot, they now have the QB position covered on small contracts which is how you win in this league, spending the money everywhere else. Brady isn't taking a pay cut to move to the team he still hates for passing on him in the draft 5 times.
Even with Brady slowing down I’d still happily love to have him in Seattle for a year, he’s so effin smart, he makes any offense better … 49rs would be HEAVY Super Bowl favorites with him right now…

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belicheck is on Cowher status. He has the job until he chooses to leave. He is untouchable.
Nobody is untouchable in today's NFL. Fans turned on Joe Pa (for reasons) and Bobby Bowden for losing. It might take a couple years and I don't think he would stick around through that anyways. But if he sucked they would move on.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Brady slowing down I’d still happily love to have him in Seattle for a year, he’s so effin smart, he makes any offense better … 49rs would be HEAVY Super Bowl favorites with him right now…
Yes I suppose that's true

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy since Week 13 (when he came in) is doing a shit ton better than Brady. Better Cmp% & way better TD to INT ratio. For anyone that belives in ratings. Dont even want to compare those.
Purdy 8/2 TD/INT
Brady 7/7
Stick a fork in Tom. Move over Brady for the new Tom Brady :becky:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy since Week 13 (when he came in) is doing a shit ton better than Brady. Better Cmp% & way better TD to INT ratio. For anyone that belives in ratings. Dont even want to compare those.
Purdy 8/2 TD/INT
Brady 7/7
Stick a fork in Tom. Move over Brady for the new Tom Brady :becky:
Ha… Brady has that clutch stat though when games are close he’s always making smart decisions …Father time never loses though eventually

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs passed on him just as many times.

He wants titles and I don’t think there is another spot without a franchise QB that is in a better position to win.

Staff, Brady, Mahomes, Brady, Foles lol, Brady, Peyton Manning, Brady… that’s the last 8 SB winning QBs. It’s a position worth paying. Brock Purdy playing for a bowl of soup isn’t really worth the savings.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs passed on him just as many times.

He wants titles and I don’t think there is another spot without a franchise QB that is in a better position to win.

Staff, Brady, Mahomes, Brady, Foles lol, Brady, Peyton Manning, Brady… that’s the last 8 SB winning QBs. It’s a position worth paying. Brock Purdy playing for a bowl of soup isn’t really worth the savings.
Depends on who you lose to pay the QB. They have to pay Nick Bosa next year for example

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kliff Kingsbury for sure

Todd Bowles as well. Wasn't good in NY either.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the AFC, it looks to me like those that were going to get the axe already got it...maybe Lovie gets it in Houston, but that team plays hard for him and they just don't have talent...but Houston is Houston and they might do Houston things.

In the NFC, I could see Kingsbury getting booted, but would agree with guy that pointed it out above, it's probably Keim and then the next GM needs to make a decision. Maybe Allen in New Orleans, but I don't think he'll get it unless Payton tells them he wants back in.

So it's possible that nobody gets it at the end of the year...then again I've been surprised before

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Saturday will be gone.
& I would think the Raiders HC could be gone, but like someone else has already mentioned. Dont think the Raiders can afford to fire their HC.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Saturday will be gone.
& I would think the Raiders HC could be gone, but like someone else has already mentioned. Dont think the Raiders can afford to fire their HC.
Not so sure the Raiders would fire Mcdaniels anyway. Raiders have under-achieved for sure but missing Waller for a good chunk has hurt and other than Adams, the only WR to play every game is Mack Hollins. The defense has been awful at times in critical situations too. We often critique teams that have the breaks always fall their way like the Giants early on and the Vikings this season but the Raiders this season have been on the wrong end of close calls and games more than any team I've seen in recent memory.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley and Kingsbury would be my top 2

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley and Kingsbury would be my top 2
I think Kingsbury is for sure gone. Not only the record but obvious that him and Kyler are butting heads. They just paid Murray so the coach has to be the one to go. I think getting the Chargers into the playoffs saved Staley for one more year. Winning a game or 2 in the playoffs would for sure lengthen his leash.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buccs are 7-1 this year when holding the opponent to 16 points or fewer so Bowles definitely has his thumbprint on that defense... A new QB and OC may be the thing that makes this team better... Tom Brady is done... He's the one holding this team back at this point... He's been a turnover machine of late...
I am down in the south so get most of Tampa's games on local tv. That is not all Tom's fault. Half their o-line is on IR, his receivers are crap. They dont believe in running, when they do run it, see o-line comment above, it is bad