• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Is A Sooner?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to Austin. Have been to Houston and passed through Amarillo on the way somewhere else.

Anyone who wants Amarillo can have it with no argument from me.

And there are hot chicks in every state in the union.

Living as I do now in Boston, where there are so many colleges, has some definite advantages where
coeds are concerned.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you've never been to Eufaula or much of anywhere else in eastern Oklahoma.

I had relatives in Eufaula, so I know about that town.

Eastern Oklahoma is a lot more scenic than western Oklahoma. I won't argue that.

Once again the quote feature malfunctions! :gaah:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you've never been to Eufaula or much of anywhere else in eastern Oklahoma.

Eastern Oklahoma is a lot more scenic than western Oklahoma. I won't argue that.

I will, it is a different type of scenery though. Yeah if you want a bunch of trees to look at eastern Oklahoma is your place but there are places out west that have their own type of scenery that is fascinating especially if you are into geology and landscapes. Black Mesa is a very scenic place in its own right.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will, it is a different type of scenery though. Yeah if you want a bunch of trees to look at eastern Oklahoma is your place but there are places out west that have their own type of scenery that is fascinating especially if you are into geology and landscapes. Black Mesa is a very scenic place in its own right.
I'm supposed to be ashamed of liking trees, maybe?

Green happens to be my favorite color, and one of the things I liked about OKC when I lived there was that a very highpercentage of the houses had elm trees in their front yards.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm supposed to be ashamed of liking trees, maybe?

Green happens to be my favorite color, and one of the things I liked about OKC when I lived there was that a very highpercentage of the houses had elm trees in their front yards.

Hell, every place has elm trees. Nothing special about them. But the landscape of the west has its own uniqueness that is scenic in its own right. Most people can't see it because they are looking for trees and only see the wide open sky and it boggles their mind at how vast it is and it looks empty to them. Look closer next time you're in western Oklahoma or the panhandle and you'll see what you missed.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was David Payne? If I ever knew I've forgotten.

My cousins lived in that county but I don't believe I ever studied it's history at all.

David Payne was one of the early Boomers who promoted the settling of the Unassigned Lands of Oklahoma.

Payne County is named after him.

Stoolwater/OSWho is in Payne county.

Pretty ironic to me....

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like topography.

They don't have much of that out west.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, every place has elm trees. Nothing special about them. But the landscape of the west has its own uniqueness that is scenic in its own right. Most people can't see it because they are looking for trees and only see the wide open sky and it boggles their mind at how vast it is and it looks empty to them. Look closer next time you're in western Oklahoma or the panhandle and you'll see what you missed.

BINGO!~

Driving out thru the Panhandle to Kenton and beyond is one of my favorite drives. Me, I like the open spaces. You can pull off the road, heck in a lot of places, you can just stop in the road, turn yer car off and listen to the sounds of the Great Plains. You will have incredible views in virtually every direction.

this pic was taken just north of Kenton and looking west into Colo and NM.

western_oklahoma_1.jpg

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is someone trying to bring up the OU can't win without Texas player bullshit again?

Might we remind them were their greatest coaches came from or studied under?

Here are some quick facts.

DKR was an okie.

Mack's salary was suplemeneted by Barry Switzers own pocket book and was one of the violations that got OU slammed with NCAA sanctions.

DKR mentor was Bud Wilkenson and Mack learned how to manage a program from Barry.

facts will get you no where with these whorn fans.

say hizzie, is yer mouth still writing checks that yer ass can cash?????:laugh3:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as soon as you cross the western border and go into Texas, there is an immediate change. you get into that west texas shit.

and then you get to palo duro canyon, the grand canyon of texas. LMAO

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eastern Oklahoma = Gods Country

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as soon as you cross the western border and go into Texas, there is an immediate change. you get into that west texas shit.

and then you get to palo duro canyon, the grand canyon of texas. LMAO

Amarillo smells like shit.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming on a bit strong there, aren't you? Colorado, Maine and eastern Tennesssee, among places I've actually beento, have their points too.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amarillo smells like shit.
It's not the smell that bothered me. It's the absolute flatness and treelessness of the country for miles around it that.did.

Guymon and the Oklahoma panhandle aren't much improvement, to be fair. But at least they're closer to Colorado, which has it's points.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grand Lake has produced 2 Miss America's in this century. Back to back IIRC.