• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Is A Sooner?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you've never been to Eufaula or much of anywhere else in eastern Oklahoma.

I had relatives in Eufaula, so I know about that town.

Eastern Oklahoma is a lot more scenic than western Oklahoma. I won't argue that.

as much as I like eastern Oklahoma, and I've lived in EO most of my life, I prefer the wide open spaces and mesas of the Panhandle. Beats the crap out of Cavanal Hill any day of the week. However with that said, taking the Talimena Scenic Drive is damn nice, especially if you have never driven it before.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I hated going back to east Oklahoma (well, west of Tulsa where my parents were from and where I was born): CHIGGERS! Don't have them out here, and a lot less ticks...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and BTW:

What Is A Sooner?

A little bit of history and perspective before the Red River Rivalry:

Have you ever wondered what the fans are cheering for when they say "Boomer Sooner"???

A Boomer - Was originally known as one of the people who were petitioning and lobbying the government to open up unassigned Oklahoma Land for settlement. This was back in the late 1800's and dealing with the Indian Land Laws. This definition would quickly become known for something else.

A Sooner - Is quite frankly A Cheater. You see, once the land was opened up due to Boomer influence, they had the Oklahoma Land Run. People were allowed to start at the same place and time, and race to a piece of land (160 acres) and claim it. The rules were simple - fair play. However, some people went in early and staked off their land ahead of time, in effect, cheating others out of it. These people were known as "Sooners."
Sometimes that was not appreciated by others, and during the race at times people would try to fairly claim what they thought should still be open land. These people were shot down by the Cheating Sooners. These shooters became referred to in some circles as "Boomers."

** It is actually quite funny to realize that every time they start chanting Boomer Sooner - they are actually praising themselves for being cheating felons!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kECz7pZ6GQI]All The Sooner Fans - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is someone trying to bring up the OU can't win without Texas player bullshit again?

Might we remind them were their greatest coaches came from or studied under?

Here are some quick facts.

DKR was an okie.

Mack's salary was suplemeneted by Barry Switzers own pocket book and was one of the violations that got OU slammed with NCAA sanctions.

DKR mentor was Bud Wilkenson and Mack learned how to manage a program from Barry.

No he didn't. If you know anything about Mack Brown, he regards learning everything from Bobby Bowden, since he was an FSU grad. He was only at OU for one season and the Sooners went 9-2-1 that year. Now yes, DKR's mentor was Wilkinson, whom DKR owned severely (7-1). Remind OU fans where the majority of their players and all of their coaches have come from: It ain't Oklahoma

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odessa holds that title, sir

Bullshit, Lubbock holds that title and it ain't close. My god have you ever been to a game at the Jones at night and that west texas wind blows that nasty as hell smell in the air? Smells like all those TTECH sluts farted from their pussies at the same time.....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, Lubbock holds that title and it ain't close. My god have you ever been to a game at the Jones at night and that west texas wind blows that nasty as hell smell in the air? Smells like all those TTECH sluts farted from their pussies at the same time.....

Oh, I've been to games there. But Odessa, sheesh. You get close and even with the windows up, A/C off, and vents on recirculate the smell still seeps into the car.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are all wrong.
The worst smelling town is Hereford, Texas.
It never lets up.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying queefs are a bad thing?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it's bad. Seems like most Texan's consider West Texas as the armpit of the state, like it a different county. Understandably so...

I don't dislike all of West Texas. it has its own style of awesomeness. Anyone that has ever been to Terlingua for the Chili fest knows, as well. :yahoo:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it's bad. Seems like most Texan's consider West Texas as the armpit of the state, like it a different county. Understandably so...

Oh hell no. True Texans, born and raised in our great state always regard Houston as being the armpit of not just the state, but all of America. Now, add all the Katrina refugees who have invaded Houston and it really is the armpit of the USA....

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Is A Sooner?

A little bit of history and perspective before the Red River Rivalry:

Have you ever wondered what the fans are cheering for when they say "Boomer Sooner"???

A Boomer - Was originally known as one of the people who were petitioning and lobbying the government to open up unassigned Oklahoma Land for settlement. This was back in the late 1800's and dealing with the Indian Land Laws. This definition would quickly become known for something else.

A Sooner - Is quite frankly A Cheater. You see, once the land was opened up due to Boomer influence, they had the Oklahoma Land Run. People were allowed to start at the same place and time, and race to a piece of land (160 acres) and claim it. The rules were simple - fair play. However, some people went in early and staked off their land ahead of time, in effect, cheating others out of it. These people were known as "Sooners."
Sometimes that was not appreciated by others, and during the race at times people would try to fairly claim what they thought should still be open land. These people were shot down by the Cheating Sooners. These shooters became referred to in some circles as "Boomers."

** It is actually quite funny to realize that every time they start chanting Boomer Sooner - they are actually praising themselves for being cheating felons!

:lol:

I see you never tire of being a liar......:L

and are equally afraid of backing up yer mouth when called out.

Nice, very nice.....:rollseyes:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you never tire of being a liar......:L

and are equally afraid of backing up yer mouth when called out.

Nice, very nice.....:rollseyes:

Told you, give me the points and we have a bet. I'll even take it at 13pts.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you, give me the points and we have a bet. I'll even take it at 13pts.

and I told you since you were the one who ran their mouth and said UT would curb stomp and blindsight (I still get a kick out of that made up word) that there was no reason to give points.

Yew ain't the skeered one, are ya????:laugh3:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I told you since you were the one who ran their mouth and said UT would curb stomp and blindsight (I still get a kick out of that made up word) that there was no reason to give points.

Yew ain't the skeered one, are ya????:laugh3:

I will talk shit straight up. You guys are gonna blindhosed and bent over Daddy Brown's knee and spanked. I can't wait till we start exposing you tomorrow morning, and then hear the cries of qb controversey from Land Thief fans wanting Belldouchebag benched.

However, if you wanna bet, I want the fair odds.

HookEm!