• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Irks You??

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a thread where everyone an go to complain, botch, whine, and everything in between about fantasy baseball, your league, your team, or anything else related to this wonderful game we all love. :rant: I'll go first:

I hate it when I have a guy on my team that I can't quite use anymore either bc I need to clear a bit of bench space for a position more valuable or bc ther other players are performing slightly better, so I try and trade said player. All the trades get turned down, but the minute I drop him, he gets scooped up immediately by one of the teams I offered him to.

Now I realize maybe they weren't willing to part with the player I was after, but it irks me to no end when this happens. Although it does make me feel good that I have such a plethora of valuable players that they get picked off the waiver wire right away. Just wish I could've gotten something for him.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the type of owner that holds their players for too long... I fall in love with my bad players, and still believe that some will come out of it... not to mention i am not quick on free agency due to this... And that is what i hate... I hate when i have a player on my watch list, and i am to slow to pick him up and someone picks him up... It is the worst when the website does an article about the player youve been watching and then because the website helped your leagues owners do research they pick up that player...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a thread where everyone an go to complain, botch, whine, and everything in between about fantasy baseball, your league, your team, or anything else related to this wonderful game we all love. :rant: I'll go first:

I hate it when I have a guy on my team that I can't quite use anymore either bc I need to clear a bit of bench space for a position more valuable or bc ther other players are performing slightly better, so I try and trade said player. All the trades get turned down, but the minute I drop him, he gets scooped up immediately by one of the teams I offered him to.

Now I realize maybe they weren't willing to part with the player I was after, but it irks me to no end when this happens. Although it does make me feel good that I have such a plethora of valuable players that they get picked off the waiver wire right away. Just wish I could've gotten something for him.

I will try to keep my contributions to this thread minimal, as I can complain with the best of them.

This one I think is pretty universal. In weekly change leagues, there is nothing more frustrating than finding out only after your weekly roster has been set that an active player is being D/L'ed. And, I am not talking about any laziness on the owners part, but more about when the player knows he is hurt, the team knows he is hurt, but the official info about him being hurt not being avail until mid to late Monday.

A close second would be the Monday injury ( thank you so little Trevor Plouffe ). Nothing like a dead roster spot.

:gaah:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. One more quick one. Not a fantasy item, but just a baseball fan item. Would it kill MLB to make sure we had one day game per week? Come on, who wants to work at work really. I NEED that distraction.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, what irks me is that I had Alex Cobb lined up for a pretty sweet two-starter next week (one game against Miami, always a good thing), and he gets his schedule changed so he's facing the Yankees this week instead.

Now that I think of it, i'm also irked by the fact that i'm worried about one of my pitchers going against the AARP chapter of baseball. This will kill me, but if the Yanks end up having a good year I will give that organization all the respect in the world. :gaah:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. One more quick one. Not a fantasy item, but just a baseball fan item. Would it kill MLB to make sure we had one day game per week? Come on, who wants to work at work really. I NEED that distraction.

You west coasters at least get a game at the end of the workday!!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one I think is pretty universal. In weekly change leagues, there is nothing more frustrating than finding out only after your weekly roster has been set that an active player is being D/L'ed. And, I am not talking about any laziness on the owners part, but more about when the player knows he is hurt, the team knows he is hurt, but the official info about him being hurt not being avail until mid to late Monday.

Gotta say, ESPN leagues are pretty quick to get a player on DL-status. I'm in two leagues there and one on CBS. CBS takes for-ev-er(said in my best Squints voice from Sandlot) to update their DL-statuses. Pisses me off to no end.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, ESPN leagues are pretty quick to get a player on DL-status. I'm in two leagues there and one on CBS. CBS takes for-ev-er(said in my best Squints voice from Sandlot) to update their DL-statuses. Pisses me off to no end.

Yahoo is lightning-quick when it comes to DL status. CBS...is absolutely horrible now. They seem to think the term is "user-unfriendly", not the reverse.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least this issue has been resolved.

HOUSTON -- A vendor at Houston's Minute Maid Park has been fired after a fan filmed him taking a tray of snow cones into a stadium bathroom and putting it on the floor of the stall while using the facilities.
The fan shared the video with KPRC-TV (Local 2 Investigates: Ball park food on bathroom floor | News - Home ), which aired the report Wednesday night.
New Astros president Reid Ryan says: "The Astros were notified immediately by our partner ARAMARK of the incident involving a vendor on Monday night. We commend the swift reaction displayed by ARAMARK of terminating the employee immediately upon learning of the incident that evening."
ARAMARK, which runs food services at the ballpark, call it an isolated incident and says the vendor's actions were "a clear violation of our food safety practices and are not reflective of our standards."

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that every week a guy in 2 of my leagues grabs up all available 2-starters as the only means of beating his opponent

& no hes not in the Commish league...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that every week a guy in 2 of my leagues grabs up all available 2-starters as the only means of beating his opponent

& no hes not in the Commish league...

What's he do, stream his entire pitching staff every week?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

Hes usually got 12 PSRs to everybody elses 6 or 7

Depending on league size, and though he is throwing more starts than everyone, I would think the quality of starter he is able to grab will keep going down as time goes by. I say that, as some of what he throws away will likely be gobbled up and kept by someone else. I myself stream 1 spot in the weekly league I am in with a lot of guys here, and I find filling that spot to be harder and harder, as while I do covet a 2 start pitcher, I won't take just anyone, meaning I am likely in for a correction soon.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on league size, and though he is throwing more starts than everyone, I would think the quality of starter he is able to grab will keep going down as time goes by.

Luck of the draw. This week hes getting his ass handed to him but has gone from last place to 1st in both leagues in 8 weeks. Every scrub pitcher gets lucky & he seems to get em on their good outings LOL

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck of the draw. This week hes getting his ass handed to him but has gone from last place to 1st in both leagues in 8 weeks. Every scrub pitcher gets lucky & he seems to get em on their good outings LOL

Memo to this guy - luck has a way of running out.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Montero

So, if Michael Pineda makes an appearance in New York in the second half, do all the folks who said the Mariners won that trade have to eat crow? From the Tacoma News-Tribune:
On the heels of a six-game losing streak and a 2-7 road trip, the Seattle Mariners will make an expected and needed roster move sometime today. Catcher Jesus Montero will be sent to Triple A Tacoma, while catcher Jesus Sucre will be selected from the Rainiers.
Montero is having an awful year, hitting .208/.264/.327. This as a “catcher”/DH who can’t really catch.
He’s still just 23 and has shown flashes of competence and more since he’s been up. But those who have tried to assess his future and grade the trade that sent him away from New York have to acknowledge that they’ve been dealing with a pretty raw set of goods.