• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if ....

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials don't blow the call with Seattle and the Green Bay fiasco didn't take place. The Lions would be going to the playoffs and Seattle would be staying home.

Do we keep Caldwell? or Do we keep him anyway.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials don't blow the call with Seattle and the Green Bay fiasco didn't take place. The Lions would be going to the playoffs and Seattle would be staying home.

Do we keep Caldwell? or Do we keep him anyway.

Then we also would talk about how the hell Mayhew kept his job.

I will take no playoffs and him fired over a playoff with no shot at the title and him drafting in 2016

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will take no playoffs and him fired over a playoff with no shot at the title and him drafting in 2016

Bingo. The ultimate silver lining.

However, fuck Seattle. Any fan who cheers for them isn't a real NFL fan at all. Real fans want to see the best teams in the playoffs, not the teams that needed help from the refs to get there.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, Mayhew draft picks and free agents in all haven't been all that bad. If it wasn't for injuries to key players this year we might've made it to the playoffs again. The saddest part is the lack of backups. It's Lewand's contracts with the players that have been horrendous and the biggest problem for the Lions organization, IMHO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Mayhew draft picks and free agents in all haven't been all that bad. If it wasn't for injuries to key players this year we might've made it to the playoffs again. The saddest part is the lack of backups. It's Lewand's contracts with the players that have been horrendous and the biggest problem for the Lions organization, IMHO.

Two playoffs in seven years works for you. Not for me. Two drafts with no one left is not all that good. Lewand wrote the contracts for guys Mayhew brought in. Guys that forced kicking the can by a idiot.

The lack of backups is from drafting kids not capable of being depth IMO. Almost all the backups came to Detroit via every way but from the draft.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had "them fired" at first and changed it to "him" meaning Lewand also, I didn't want people to think I meant Mayhew and Caldwell.

We had been discussing Caldwell at the time elsewhere here.