• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if....?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Clippers stumble (they are only 1 game out of being in the lottery right now) and the rest of the standings stay the same? It would leave both LA, both NY, and Boston teams out of the playoffs. It would be a huge black eye for the NBA to not have these major markets and storied franchises to draw post season viewers. Do you think LeBron (love or hate) can draw enough eyes of the casual fan to make up for the loss of these markets?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still early in the season, so things can change - come back to me around Christmas or the New Year and we'll see what the standings look like

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it be a huge black eye or a minor blip before they all raped the lottery and rebuilt the most storied franchises?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it be a huge black eye or a minor blip before they all raped the lottery and rebuilt the most storied franchises?
Both, although I wouldnt call the Clippers storied.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the NBA cares too much about Boston missing the playoffs...they have been irrelevant for so long, 25 years before 2008 & the NBA did just fine with out them..

LA & NY market is a little more valuable do the media market & TV ratings....NBA definetly benefits from major market teams making the playoffs.

You might want to add Chicago to that list since it's the 3rd largest city in the US & Chicago also has a great NBA Franchise & sports town.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the NBA cares too much about Boston missing the playoffs...they have been irrelevant for so long, 25 years before 2008 & the NBA did just fine with out them..

LA & NY market is a little more valuable do the media market & TV ratings....NBA definetly benefits from major market teams making the playoffs.

You might want to add Chicago to that list since it's the 3rd largest city in the US & Chicago also has a great NBA Franchise & sports town.

I agree that the NBA did just fine without the Celtics being relevant, but I disagree that the NBA doesn't care.

Some of the highest rated finals series in history are between the Lakers and Celtics and I'd bet that many of the higher rated Eastern Conference playoff series involve the Celtics.

The NBA is popular enough that it can get along just fine when the Lakers and/or Celtics are down, but it also does much better when one or both are relevant.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NBA doesn't rely on Boston in the playoffs, they just do a lot better when they are in as it is not just a Boston fan base but a nationwide one. And I didn't add Chicago to the list because it is unlikely that they miss the playoffs, even if Rose is down.