• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if Scenario #1

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reach for Duvernay? Still like the pick.

Don't forget Roach later in the draft.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else was there at that pick for CB's in the 3rd round. Green I'm so-so with as a prospect. Didn't he run in the 4.6 range at the combine.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else was there at that pick for CB's in the 3rd round. Green I'm so-so with as a prospect. Didn't he run in the 4.6 range at the combine.

Reggie Robinson II

The other guy I considered that was Amrik Robertson due to his coverage skills, but he may end up more of a Round 4 pick. Love Green's physical tools. Runs faster then his 40 IMO... Great length. I think he will do well with Fangio. I swayed a lot on that pick... Javaris Davis was also there, Stanford Samuels and Harrison Hand.. Wanted a little more size then Davis and Robertson... Samuels I haven't been all that impressed with but love his tools. Green may not be the best deep cover guy, but hopefully we won't ask him to do that... Don't see him as an elite CB by any means, but I think he can fit in nice and as a chance as a #2 CB... His 40 time was the only reason I didn't run to the podium with the pick... I was careful I didn't trip and thought about this one.. Stressful mocks I tell you. Real life issues. ;)

Duvernay was a guy I know I couldn't wait on Round 4 for.. .Eagles actually wanted to make a trade up with me and after I picked Duvernay that was the guy he wanted to move up for. Both these last two picks were tough... A lot of players I liked but value wise none that jumped out to me as have to have. Wanted an OT here but value not quite there might get the guy I wanted in Round 3 in Round 4. Lots of WR's left, but I wouldn't get Duvernay in Round 4.... Bryan Edwards, Gabriel Davis and Lynn Bowden were the other 3 I looked at. Bowden doesn't have the explosion Duvernay has. Edwards and Davis maybe not as good of a fit as Duvernay for what we need. Duvernay is a catch machine underneath who can also stretch the field... I think I get more out of Duvernay for the fit then the others right now... I was gonna wait on WR in rd 4 and go OT here, but just didn't want to reach so took what I found to be more value then reaching at OT here. I am pretty happy with our DL and LB and didn't see a value pick here so wasn't going to address that in the first 3 rounds unless it was something I couldn't pass up.

The other non WR I really considered here was Matt Hennessey. Was going to go with him but had a change of heart last minute. I still like Hamilton, but he and Duvernay can battle out for that 3rd spot and hopefully that gives us 4 good WR's with Patrick making his mark on special teams and maybe some goal line opportunities... Patrick is a great gunner, so not wanting to throw him to the side. Spencer is probably carrying a roster spot as a return man.. With Ruggs and Duvernay won't have to roll Spencer out on offense much like we tried last year.

Guys like McKnight and Benson can battle for a PS job.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I love DuVernay, especially his speed/hands. And of course, he could very well make it up well into the 3rd round depending on how the draft falls.

Overall I like what you've done so far.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hard part is with so many WR prospects that are thought to be good, do take a different position because they can address later in the draft.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hard part is with so many WR prospects that are thought to be good, do take a different position because they can address later in the draft.
I look it as a great match - our greatest need aligns with the strongest position in this draft.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look it as a great match - our greatest need aligns with the strongest position in this draft.

I agree, but if the Broncos say Ruggs is the guy we want/need. How high do you trade up? 7? 10? But with the depth of the WR class it is hard to predict how things are going to play out ahead of us. There are 5 teams that have a need at WR that draft ahead of us. Then there are several teams that will be investigating trading up ahead of us that might be looking for a WR. And if Ruggs is the guy (He is my favorite for Denver) then it might cost us our 2nd round pick or multiple 3rds. Is that cost worth it?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we make a trade up that costs us our 2nd... If we do anything we probably trade up using one of our 3rds. I don't think we will give the house to move up to select Ruggs. I love Rugg and as you know I will be thrilled with him, but remember nobody in this draft tracks the deep ball as well as Ceedee Lamb either. He doesn't have Ruggs speed, but he does track the deep ball like no other, and catches in traffic. Pretty fearless WR who i great after the catch. I don't think we give up a 2nd just to be sure to get Ruggs. I think if a deal is right we make it and if not then as much as I like the top WR's and as much as teams fall in love with players (not positions), there is still a lot we are going to like down the line.

Keep in mind. Denver is basically drafting a guy they want to start for them from day 1... This is much different then when we drafted a guy like Courtland Sutton who didn't have to start from day 1. Might make us a bit more aggressive because of that. I know the ole saying is this is a deep WR class, but keep in mind.. Teams fall in love with players, not positions so much... If they REALLY like a guy like Ruggs they are going after him oppose to sitting there saying if he falls to us we will draft him, and if not we like 100 other WR's.... Elway likes to move come draft day we have found that out.

My best guess is that if the WR we love is still there at say 11 when the Jets pick or Cardinals pick.. and they are willing to move down, that we would give up a 3rd to move up.. If we have all 3 WR's rated similar then we probably don't move up unless one is already off the board at that point.

Not sold on the Jets taking a WR in round 1. I think they will go hard after an OT.. Remember these teams that all need a WR also need other positions too and are in the same boat as us.... Not every team that needs a WR only needs a WR....

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but if the Broncos say Ruggs is the guy we want/need. How high do you trade up? 7? 10? But with the depth of the WR class it is hard to predict how things are going to play out ahead of us. There are 5 teams that have a need at WR that draft ahead of us. Then there are several teams that will be investigating trading up ahead of us that might be looking for a WR. And if Ruggs is the guy (He is my favorite for Denver) then it might cost us our 2nd round pick or multiple 3rds. Is that cost worth it?
My concern is the three teams before us could all go WR. I think if we could trade with Jets at 11 (would cost our own 3rd rounder) I would jump on that.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and let me say, Lamb is still my first choice. Both for dinner and for the 2020 draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and let me say, Lamb is still my first choice. Both for dinner and for the 2020 draft.

Flashback- I was at your house eating dinner with Oklahoma/Texas on, when Ceedee Lamb torched Texas for three tds cruising my college fantasy team to victory! ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue though is even the deepest positions in the draft do dry up pretty quickly. Look at the 2014 draft where it maybe had a better WR class than this one. There were maybe 1-2 guys after the first two rounds of the draft that have done anything of decent significance with their career. Martavis Bryant if he could have stayed out of trouble could have had a good career.

It doesn't take long for the talent pool to dry up. Heck there are many analyst who believe there could be at least 14 WR's taken in the 1st two rounds alone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update... Round 4

Broncos
Round 1- Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
Round 2- Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
Round 3- Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Round 3- A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State
Round 3- Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

Round 4- Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (MN)

Bartch was a guy I really had my eye on for Denver... Really looking for an OT with high upside with good physical tools who can develop for a year... I have a friend who coaches at St. John's who speaks very highly of this kid. I haven't gotten to see anything other than film on a small school level, but he had a solid SR bowl. Thought Round 3 was too much of reach.. Round 4 is a good round to take a gamble on a guy like this... Love his physical tools and work ethic and he has a good OL coach in Munchuk to develop him. Some really good players left still but I thought now was the time to roll the dice on Bartch who figured to be in that Rd 3-5 range come draft time.

Not a pick that is going to get anyone going if it happens on draft day (cept maybe me)

but a pick I think you can lok further down the line and hopefully think... What a find in Round 4!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update... Round 4

Broncos
Round 1- Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
Round 2- Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
Round 3- Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Round 3- A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State
Round 3- Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas
Round 4- Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (MN)

Certainly a tough sounding group that includes a Bad Ass and a Bitch!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad you didn’t wait on a 2nd WR.
Need playmakers fast. 1st and 3rd rounds is nice.

I look at C Godwin as a nice example stud #2.

Where did Hamler go?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad you didn’t wait on a 2nd WR.
Need playmakers fast. 1st and 3rd rounds is nice.

I look at C Godwin as a nice example stud #2.

Where did Hamler go?
9th pick of the 3rd round.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad if we did this Scenario

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos should trade Lindsay to the Steelers.

Ya.

Do it.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF sutton changes his name Mutton can't imagine your joy

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos should trade Lindsay to the Steelers.

Ya.

Do it.

We are using him in draft day trade up. This is my draft bold prediction.