• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if Scenario #1

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't seen anybody start these yet so thought I would just start with Scott's draft so far for the Broncos of...

1st round--Henry Ruggs III
2nd round--Jeremy Chinn

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there’s one guarantee.
Neither of these will happen if Scott picked them!

Actually it would be pretty exciting. But I’m still waiting to know what the three 3rds bring. Will one be traded to move back into the second round? I’m hoping for one of the Centers.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruggs is the one out of the top 3 that I think fits us best. It gives us a deep threat to go opposite of Sutton, who is a solid #1 with Fant working the seams. Chinn would certainly give us more flexibility on defense since we could come up with all kinds of schemes between him and Kareem.

I would be excited, knowing that we would probably hit up the OLine in the 3rd or like Springer said, trade back up into the 2nd.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gladney an option in the 2nd with a trade up or is he a first rounder for sure?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gladney an option in the 2nd with a trade up or is he a first rounder for sure?

In this scenario he went 21st to the Eagles. Seems like the hard part for this draft is figuring out the order the CB's will go. I did a community mock draft as the Broncos and the 3rd CB off the board was Jaylon Johnson and guys like Gladney didn't go until the top of the 2nd. Just kind of depends on what type of CB you are looking for.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd obviously be happy since I made these moves... I will explain a bit. Ruggs doesn't have to be explained. Yall tired of me explaining that one for a year now.

Chinn.

I really wanted Jaylon Johnson of Utah there. That was my main target. Someone slid up on ahead of me and scooped him up. After that I wanted to fill BPA with a player we could use.

Jeremy Chinn was BPA IMO... I highly considered Noah Igbinoghene there. I love his upside, but he has a little development to go (who doesn't right?)

We can get Chinn on the field right away. He can cover as a LB in passing situation. He is a Derwin James (not ready to call him that yet) but type of player in terms of how you can use him... He can line up all over the field. I think Fangio would love Jeremy Chinn. He runs well, tackles well and he can cover.

Also considered some other CB's here but had too many concerns in Round 2.

Bryce Hall- Is he athletic enough?
Cameron Dantzler- Love him but is he fast enough? If he ran a better 40 I'd have scooped him up, but he is gonna fall a bit but probably a good fit.
Damon Arnette- Just a bit too early for him.

I really saw Chinn as a BPA and a guy who could sneak into round 1 come draft day. Was looking more for a CB here but I have to practice what I have been preaching.. BPA... and a guy we can find multiple ways to play him. He will fit the Fangio scheme nice and add a lot of physicality to the D.

Plus he is Steve Atwater's nephew. (This isn't why I drafted him)

As far as Center goes. I like a lot of rd 3-4 range centers. I feel the value will be better there as I like like the center draft... Just didn't feel anyone here in rd 2 was worth passing up a guy like Chinn for. Denver also seems to like Patrick Morris, so I wasn't going to reach there. I can't tell you if I am sold on Morris or not... So C is surely a possibility.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this scenario he went 21st to the Eagles. Seems like the hard part for this draft is figuring out the order the CB's will go. I did a community mock draft as the Broncos and the 3rd CB off the board was Jaylon Johnson and guys like Gladney didn't go until the top of the 2nd. Just kind of depends on what type of CB you are looking for.

This is exactly the one issue with CB this year. Like I was saying before I see a few #1's and a lot of #2 CB's and the order is VERY hard to gage. Just going to depend on the fit of who is picking. Obviously, this is the case a lot, but I really feel like CB's 3-8 or so is really a random order right now. Gladney, Fulton, Terrell, Johnson, Diggs, Igbionhene. Jaylon Johnson is still my favorite of the group but these guys are all pretty similar ranked to me. They all do different things...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a bad flashback of when the Broncos drafted Philip Blake, C, Baylor

Anyone ever realize this guy is still playing in the CFL? Good for him, but man what a bad pick for us. Glad he is making it though. It seems like that was a long time ago, but it really wasn't... Probably because he lasted a year. Never played a game for us... About as relevant as Paul Toviessi was for us.

At least Blake was rd 4. Toviessi was an injury. Sorta a sad story.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-

I'd be thrilled with Ruggs, and Chinn gives us a ton of flexibility, and matches well with the defensive scheme.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A love it

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Atwater’s nephew? Thumbs up from me! My favorite all time Bronco
Nice Av. I was going to switch to Jeudy after I saw DC and CD go with Lamb and Ruggs. But I like to procrastinate.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly the one issue with CB this year. Like I was saying before I see a few #1's and a lot of #2 CB's and the order is VERY hard to gage. Just going to depend on the fit of who is picking. Obviously, this is the case a lot, but I really feel like CB's 3-8 or so is really a random order right now. Gladney, Fulton, Terrell, Johnson, Diggs, Igbionhene. Jaylon Johnson is still my favorite of the group but these guys are all pretty similar ranked to me. They all do different things...
I feel the same about WRs after the big 3 (which I still don't think we will be able to get at 15.)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if:

Round 1: Henry Ruggs III - WR

Move up in 2nd round by giving up day 3 picks

Round 2: Kenneth Murray - ILB

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if:

Round 1: Henry Ruggs III - WR

Move up in 2nd round by giving up day 3 picks

Round 2: Kenneth Murray - ILB

So we get Ruggs in the first, move up to get Murray in the 2nd without giving up any of our 3rds?

I'm down.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take some hefty negotiating skills, though.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Ruggs is probably my favorite fit for the Broncos. I have been so busy at work that I have not been able to research as many other players as I would have liked, but it seems Chinn may be a good fit based on DC's take.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated mock. Don't yell at me this is stressful... My last 2 picks in Round 3 were about as indecisive as I have ever been when doing this mock.

Broncos
Round 1- Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
Round 2- Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
Round 3- Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Round 3- A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State
Round 3- Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3