• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What has Howie Done?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If (when) Mathews gets hurt we'll have a dilemma.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I expect Barner to get in a good deal of work at some point. All these Backs will be busy this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With an early bye I would have rather started Wentz week 5. I really don't see the the need to trot him out there week 1.

Same

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Carr has started since Day 1 and it's worked out just fine for them. Big Ben, Flacco ... I think everyone remembers "David" Carr getting thrown out there and killed ... but I think we have two guys in Pederson and Reich who will put him in a conservative Offense which will help limit the amount of punishment David Carr took. As he improves they will open up the playbook a bit ... but I expect a bunch of runs, screen game and slants the first few weeks with a few deep shots sprinkled in.

Derek Carr started 3 years in college and threw 1630 passes. Over a thousand more than Wentz. And played in a major conference against real college talent. And I'm guessing Carr played in the preseason as well.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Carr started 3 years in college and threw 1630 passes. Over a thousand more than Wentz. And played in a major conference against real college talent. And I'm guessing Carr played in the preseason as well.

How many Superbowls has D Carr won? How many playoff victories? Joe Flacco and Big Ben have come from small schools and have done better than most NFL QB's dream off. Not bashing Carr I really like him and while Wentz does not have the experience the small school argument is just stupid to be honest. Small schools have produced some great players. I am not saying that Wentz is a sure fire stud.....far from it. But I am willing to see what he has to offer.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Superbowls has D Carr won? How many playoff victories? Joe Flacco and Big Ben have come from small schools and have done better than most NFL QB's dream off. Not bashing Carr I really like him and while Wentz does not have the experience the small school argument is just stupid to be honest. Small schools have produced some great players. I am not saying that Wentz is a sure fire stud.....far from it. But I am willing to see what he has to offer.

If Wentz is never better than Derek Carr was it worth it? Howie could have had Carr, he passed.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz is never better than Derek Carr was it worth it? Howie could have had Carr, he passed.

You are posting as if that is a done deal. You have been complaining about this since the trade to move up was made. You have not even given Wentz a chance to prove he could be good or not. Derek Carr was a second round pick. Howie did not pass on him because he was picked before our second round pick came up. You probably mean that we should have taken him in the first round and that could be the case giving that Marcus Smith as an utter bust. However......in hindsight if was going to take a QB in round 1 with who was available when we picked I would have taken Bridgewater.....yes he is injured now but no one could know if that injury would have occurred here.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are posting as if that is a done deal. You have been complaining about this since the trade to move up was made. You have not even given Wentz a chance to prove he could be good or not. Derek Carr was a second round pick. Howie did not pass on him because he was picked before our second round pick came up. You probably mean that we should have taken him in the first round and that could be the case giving that Marcus Smith as an utter bust. However......in hindsight if was going to take a QB in round 1 with who was available when we picked I would have taken Bridgewater.....yes he is injured now but no one could know if that injury would have occurred here.

I wanted Bridgewater. I wasn't as high on Carr, but he sure looks good. Hope Wentz can get to that level soon. The point is Carr showed development through a long college career. Wentz hasn't even done that yet. He might have less experience than anyone has ever had. I hope starting him early isn't a detriment. We'll see.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As excited as I am to see Wentz on the field, I think they could have waited until mid-season. But Daniel was garbage all preseason anyway, so at this point Wentz can't be any worse. My main concern is he's going to get get shellshocked/injured (again) if he gets off to a bad start or they put too much on his plate too soon.

This team NEEDS to get Wentz a big-time target to throw to, they can't make the same mistake they made with McNabb and give him scrubs to throw to early in his career.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this worth reviving?:lol:

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what Howie has done is secure his place in the organization for quite some time...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahahah ... anyone remember this idiot?

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...put together one hell of a 2016 draft and almost erased the cost in future years to draft up for Carson.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD's gone real quiet huh? LOL.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that moron Rey. IIRC after the trade was made to move up to #2 he went on an Epic Youtube Rant. That guy is a tool. Looks like he still lives with his mama.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...put together one hell of a 2016 draft and almost erased the cost in future years to draft up for Carson.

And he got rid of all the baggage. He did what things that are epic imo. He rebuilt a team in one off season by getting rid of the old regimes players and manage to get players of the future. If he does not win Executive of the Year the fix is in.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this worth reviving?:lol:

Sure is. Eric Rowe had a good day. Pederson punted the game. And the wide nine still sucks. The Eagles wont be a favorite to win a game until December.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could surely use Rowe right now. I hate that trade.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is. Eric Rowe had a good day. Pederson punted the game. And the wide nine still sucks. The Eagles wont be a favorite to win a game until December.

The worst gimmick in the NFL is Chip Kelly's offense. He may survive the year but they will dump him after this one. He is on his way out of the NFL.

Did you even watch the game yesterday? I doubt you did. It was not the "Wide 9" that was the problem. They do not run it as wide as we did that year with Reid. The linebackers missed just about every tackle they had a chance to make yesterday.