• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what did we learn after week 1

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see that team with Mayfield. Taylor does most of his damage with his legs, I just don't trust him as a passer

Baker Mayfield as the QB on that team? Browns are probably a playoff team. There, I said it. I wanna wash my mouth out with soap right now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is the greatest QB of all time

Saints defense has again regressed

Bill O'Brien continues to get overlooked as the worst Head Coach in the NFL

Pat Shurmer impressed me, the Jags were as tough as I expected on defense

The Bills are going to be what I thought, the worst team in the NFL

The Skins are going to be what I thought, the surprise team in the NFC. Alex Smith impresses me

The Browns are still the Browns, Forcing 6 turnovers and not winning is a Browns exclusive

Lamar Jackson will never be a QB in the NFL

Pats will go 13-3, get homefield and end up in the SB with little resistance

Mike Vrabel will prove to be the worst hire in the league

Marcus Marriotta just never improves

Dallas is awful

Still not convinced on Trubinsky

Pat Mahomes is truly the real deal, the Chargers well on their way to another 8-8 season

We'll see how these pan out.

Just hoping PIT can make something happen...NE is not going to be very good on DEF, but even if PIT can win at home on wk 15, they ain't going 13-3 so that means they must win in Foxboro and that's doubtful.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriotta is a guy you continue to expect to take big strides one of these years, but I'm at the point he is what he is, sometimes ok, more often bad, and as injury prone as anyone

While I still think Winston was the more talented player, but he's a nutcase and probably on his way out in TB, I keep wanting to believe in Mariota, but your assessment is spot on.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I still think Winston was the more talented player, but he's a nutcase and probably on his way out in TB, I keep wanting to believe in Mariota, but your assessment is spot on.

Agreed on Winston and def agree he is on his way out there, they've had enough of his act, and have already stated he isn't guaranteed his starting spot back

Yesterday def won't help him

What do you take from Connors performance as it relates to the Leveon situation?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB... Caught in the Fitzpatrick Conundrum. Fitz always flashes his brilliance to the point where a team pays him as a starter, but then he goes back down to mediocrity. Bad news for Winston is that I think TB was already looking for an excuse to move on from him.

NO... Wow. I thought the Saints D was going to be solid this year. Gettin carved up by Ryan Fitzpatrick in their own house is not a good look.

BUF... Saw this coming. Starting Peterman against a top 5 defense? The entire world knew that McCoy was their only option. That team was a disaster long before Sunday came. There will be growing pains with a rookie QB, but I fear more so with Allen being as raw of a prospect as he is. Big arm doesn't solve above-the-neck issues.

Thinkin we may see the Rams struggle today. They too saw fit to hold all of their starters out of preseason.

We got the TB @ NO game.

Fitz...I think part of that was little to no pressure from the Saints from 7. The Bucs don't have a great OL and Fitz is not running away from too many people so for Cameron Jordan and that Saints DL to have barely a QB hit in the Dome had to be depressing. Trying to man up Lattimore on Mike Evans was laughable strategy.

BUF...yep...it's one thing to struggle on OFC with a rookie QB...giving up 40+ to the Ravens OFC...it might be a real long year in BUF.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUF...yep...it's one thing to struggle on OFC with a rookie QB...giving up 40+ to the Ravens OFC...it might be a real long year in BUF.

i heard some analysts yesterday going on and on about how great the Ravens offense was going to be this year because "Flacco hasn't had this many weapons around him on offense for a long time" ...... meh, slow your roll people ... it was the Bills

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Winston and def agree he is on his way out there, they've had enough of his act, and have already stated he isn't guaranteed his starting spot back

Yesterday def won't help him

What do you take from Connors performance as it relates to the Leveon situation?

Winston...the Saints D would've made anyone look good yesterday...I think Winston is out the 1st 4 games maybe...if they're 1-3, Winston probably gets his job back...2-2 or better...all bets are off.

Connor...it works for Bell, but I like the quicker, hit the hole hard type running style that Conner has as well. The fumble late obviously puts a big damper on an otherwise great game. 36 touches and a buck 90...That's a lot when you're not used to it...assuming he bounces back ready to go, I would start him again this week vs KC at home regardless of Bell's status.

If it were me...Connor would be the guy until Bell has a full week of practice...then I would work him into the game plan, even then I would run them both about 12-15 touches each.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were me...Connor would be the guy until Bell has a full week of practice...then I would work him into the game plan, even then I would run them both about 12-15 touches each.

Which is what Bell would love to happen if you ask me. That is the perfect scenario for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is what Bell would love to happen if you ask me. That is the perfect scenario for him.

Just based on Connor getting 36 touches yesterday as the RB1, I don't think it will happen like that, but imo it would be ideal for both.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard some analysts yesterday going on and on about how great the Ravens offense was going to be this year because "Flacco hasn't had this many weapons around him on offense for a long time" ...... meh, slow your roll people ... it was the Bills

Exactly. We're talking about weapons that were dumped by their previous teams, some by multiple teams: Crabtree, John Brown, Snead, Collins, Dixon, etc. The Bills pass rush was pathetic, as was their O-line.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Flacco STILL failed to cross a YPA of 7 yesterday. Some will excuse that as... the Bills, but Flacco doesn't get much benefit of the doubt here if he falls on his face again against tougher competition.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based on Connor getting 36 touches yesterday as the RB1, I don't think it will happen like that, but imo it would be ideal for both.

36 touches is just insane to be honest. That is how NFL Careers are killed. Now I am sure this will not happen every week but that many touches is 576 over a 16 game season.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We learned that pre-season football will continue for a few more weeks and the contenders will begin to emerge around week 3 or 4.

Yeah, some awful games yesterday

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else we just learned....

Skip Bayless is still in denial. Now I know that even most Cowboys fans think he is a moron but listening to him this morning was just laughable.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skip Bayless is still in denial. Now I know that even most Cowboys fans think he is a moron but listening to him this morning was just laughable.

They DID have a chance to tie the game late. Carolina didn't play all that outstanding on offense or it wouldn't have been close in the 4th. Some people will look at that and say "they competed hard, just needed a couple of breaks to go their way" but the reality is, they did get a few breaks.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

What were his excuses this week?

Most useless shitbag on tv

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

What were his excuses this week?

Most useless shitbag on tv

He talked about how great the Panthers defense was against the Patriots in their preseason game. He said based on that performance he knew how great the Panthers defense was.

Here something I still laugh about. Friday when they were making their game picks. Skip Bayless actually picked the Panthers to win....why? Because the Cowboys would be dealing with a Earl Thomas hangover. The letdown of not getting him will impact the Cowboys greatly...... yes....he really said that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They DID have a chance to tie the game late. Carolina didn't play all that outstanding on offense or it wouldn't have been close in the 4th. Some people will look at that and say "they competed hard, just needed a couple of breaks to go their way" but the reality is, they did get a few breaks.

The Panthers are not that impressive on offense IMO. I don't think their receiver are much better than the Cowboys receivers if at all. In fact I would say they may be built the same. The Panthers have the better QB. The Cowboys have the better RB. However.....McCaffrey did make Sean Lee look like a rented rookie.