• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your thoughts on the steelers

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1998 BB wasnt the coach pete carroll was final score 7-6

pats are 4-1 vs pitt in playoffs:suds:

It is what it is...with all of his warts, Tomlin has fared pretty well vs every HC except BB. So...I think it's fitting that if they are to hoist the Lombardi for the 7th time, Tomlin might need to beat BB twice in one season....imagine that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've seen a lot of my thoughts, but here goes.

OFC..starting up front. The OL imo is one of the best and deepest in the league, I'm not sure if the top 5 if started half the games intact. LG and RT starters have both missed multiple games. Conner has obviously answered the call about being RB1 and Ben and new OC Fichtner have bonded relatively quickly in Randy's new role. WR3 is not as established as I would like, but there are plenty of other options to keep the DEF off balance...this group can win a SB

Our line is unreal. Ben is clearly better with fichtner, and the whole offense is as a whole. i also would like wr3 to be more established, but it is what it is. I cant complain over it. What i would like to get rid of is all the little bubble screens and shit to switzer.

DEF...again starting up front. Lately the DL has turned up their play...both Tuitt & Heyward have gotten sacks in recent games and Hargrave already has 3 from his NT spot. PIT has beaten one high powered air attack during this stretch and that was a back to the wall home game vs ATL. With NO and NE still on the schedule, Pleased, but I'm going to reserve total judgement until I see them beat one of those QBs...especially NO because that's a road game....improving but vs KC, or NE in a winner go home game...I like their chances, but, I'm not confident.

hargrave has been a very nice suprise, and its about time our DE's are coming to life. I dont know that they can beat NO or NE as well. they have a shot, but they need to keep improving up to those games

Top 5

Agree with yours...within the top 5 I think 1-5 is pretty tight, but imo there is a sizeable gap on #6. Need to see HOU win a game vs a playoff caliber team and @ WAS and @ PHI are the only such teams remaining on their schedule.

im going to disagree with you on a big gap bw 5 and 6 . Because the chargers are for real. i think more of a gap bw 6 and 7

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their good offense keeps their bad defense off of the field. The Falcons have been doing this for years without success in the playoffs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their good offense keeps their bad defense off of the field. The Falcons have been doing this for years without success in the playoffs.
educate yourself sir. The D has really stepped up the past 4 games

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
educate yourself sir. The D has really stepped up the past 4 games
The Steelers have won the time of possession in these games.

Week 10: 30:35 minutes vs. 29:25 against the Panthers - This one is the odd one out because they kept scoring so fast and Carolina's offense is run first which eats clock too.
Week 9: 36:29 minutes vs. 23:31 minutes against the Ravens
Week 8: 32:12 minutes vs. 27:48 minutes against the Browns
Week 7: Bye
Week 6: 34:56 minutes vs. 25:04 minutes against the Bengals

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Week 10: 30:35 minutes vs. 29:25 against the Panthers - This one is the odd one out because they kept scoring so fast and Carolina's offense is run first which eats clock too.
point? their D has consistently brought pressure , and limited scoring op[ertunities.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That has a lot to do with the Defense holding opposing offenses to 3-5 conversions on 3rd downs. I think the Panthers were only 4-11 on 3rd downs Thursday night.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point? their D has consistently brought pressure , and limited scoring op[ertunities.
Winning the time of possession battle with a good offense masks the deficiencies of a defense. What happens when the offense has a bad day and the pressure is put on the defense to win the games? Like I said earlier, I look at it as being similar to the Falcons with Turner. The stats on paper said the defense was average but we had the ball much longer than the opponents. When it came down to earning a win on a bad offensive day they didn't look like they belonged in the playoffs.

I could be wrong, but that's just how I see it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the time of possession battle with a good offense masks the deficiencies of a defense. What happens when the offense has a bad day and the pressure is put on the defense to win the games? Like I said earlier, I look at it as being similar to the Falcons with Turner. The stats on paper said the defense was average but we had the ball much longer than the opponents. When it came down to earning a win on a bad offensive day they didn't look like they belonged in the playoffs.

fair enough:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry if reply more, at the gym. If I remember when I get home I will