• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your thoughts on the steelers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter though? Tomlin doesn't have any kind of answer for the Pats and hasn't for years. I'll believe it when I see it.

Maybe not but I think a playoffs game in Pittsburgh is much more competitive than a playoffs game in New England

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats would roll the Steelers in NE, in Pitt, on the moon.....

Ehh I disagree. Pats doesn't exactly have the best track record of winning true road games in the playoffs which is why it is very important for the Chiefs and Steelers to finish ahead of them

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crazy that since 2007, they only played 2 road games in the playoffs.

AFC should be ashamed

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh I disagree. Pats doesn't exactly have the best track record of winning true road games in the playoffs which is why it is very important for the Chiefs and Steelers to finish ahead of them

When was the last time Pitt beat NE? In the playoffs? In Pittsburgh? Anything?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last year they win that game without the NFL stupid catch rule. But I think 2011 or 2012

Although your point about last year is valid, I still remain unconvinced that this Pitt would beat NE in a playoff atmosphere. There is no way I could put any trust into Tomlin and that crew vs. Belichick and Brady.

No. Effin. Way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although your point about last year is valid, I still remain unconvinced that this Pitt would beat NE in a playoff atmosphere. There is no way I could put any trust into Tomlin and that crew vs. Belichick and Brady.

No. Effin. Way.

I don't think they win either. I just think there's a pretty big difference in margin of victory depending on where the game is played.

A game in Pittsburgh is likely decided by a very small margin. A game in NE is a 17+ point victory for the Pats IMO

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I love the Steelers. Think you're fun to watch. I like Ben. I like AB. I like the tradition. You're playing fantastically.

But... your coach is a clown. That's why you lose in the post-season. I seriously could not think less of an NFL head coach. Constantly unprepared and sleep walking vs inferior competition or on the road. In those games they're constantly falling down early by multiple scores, having to adjust on the fly... because their game plan was shit.

They looked good against a tough team in Carolina. But then... a week or two from now they'll be playing fuck around with the hee-haw gang. In a tight game, playing from behind on the road vs JAX or Denver.

Tomlin stinks. You guys should have another SB or two. He's legitimately awful. Coaching is huge in the post-season and that's where it stops for Pittsburgh.

I really don't mean this with malicious intent. Respect the team. Respect the fanbase.

A lot of the Steelers faithful agree completely with what you said there. Well put.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they win either. I just think there's a pretty big difference in margin of victory depending on where the game is played.

A game in Pittsburgh is likely decided by a very small margin. A game in NE is a 17+ point victory for the Pats IMO

Fair enough.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them. I usually start rooting for them once the Lions are officially eliminated from playoff contention - so a lot.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Pitt beat NE? In the playoffs? In Pittsburgh? Anything?
1998 BB wasnt the coach pete carroll was final score 7-6

pats are 4-1 vs pitt in playoffs:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. THey have won 5 straight
  2. THe offense is on fire
  3. THe D has quitely turned around and let up 21 or less in the last 4 games
  4. James conner is a beast
WHere do they stand for you right now..........

After that beat down against a good panthers team............im more of a believer

THere was the rank your top 5 teams thread.

i say they are 5

saints
Pats
Rams
Chiefs
Steelers

I think you've seen a lot of my thoughts, but here goes.

OFC..starting up front. The OL imo is one of the best and deepest in the league, I'm not sure if the top 5 if started half the games intact. LG and RT starters have both missed multiple games. Conner has obviously answered the call about being RB1 and Ben and new OC Fichtner have bonded relatively quickly in Randy's new role. WR3 is not as established as I would like, but there are plenty of other options to keep the DEF off balance...this group can win a SB

DEF...again starting up front. Lately the DL has turned up their play...both Tuitt & Heyward have gotten sacks in recent games and Hargrave already has 3 from his NT spot. PIT has beaten one high powered air attack during this stretch and that was a back to the wall home game vs ATL. With NO and NE still on the schedule, Pleased, but I'm going to reserve total judgement until I see them beat one of those QBs...especially NO because that's a road game....improving but vs KC, or NE in a winner go home game...I like their chances, but, I'm not confident.

Top 5

Agree with yours...within the top 5 I think 1-5 is pretty tight, but imo there is a sizeable gap on #6. Need to see HOU win a game vs a playoff caliber team and @ WAS and @ PHI are the only such teams remaining on their schedule.