• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you currently playing?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a PS Classic on sale.

FF7, Metal Gear Solid and Tekken 3 are all top-tier classics. I'm actually still somewhat surprised that Tekken 3 still holds up even if its the European version. I was hitting my combos and each character seems accessible and strong in their own way. It doesn't have the depth or learning curve as the newer Tekkens but most might see that as a plus. FF7 still holds up. The beginning is a lot easier than I remember from 20+ years ago. I find that I don't need voices in these types of JRPGs because I tend to read faster than what voice actors usually pump out so I'm enjoying it. I only played about a dozen hours of it back in the day and I've only briefly played Metal Gear Solid so this will probably last me the rest of the year.

Rayman, Ridge Racer 4, Resident Evil 1, Syphon Filter, and Wild Arms are good but they are all the type of games that you would expect to be the worst games on a classics list. Whoever designed Rayman is evil. There are some difficult mechanics in this that they've taken out of the newer 2D games. Its still fun, though, and it has retained the same feel throughout the years. No idea how Resident Evil 2 didn't make the cut on a list like this as its probably the most iconic game in the series. Never played Syphon Filter or Wild Arms so that gives me something to look forward to.

The other twelve games are trash. They have three mediocre puzzle games and not the actual puzzle game thats iconic from this time period (Bust a Move). Twisted Metal 1 isn't half the game that Twisted Metal 2 is. Same goes for Persona 1 and to a lesser extent GTA. Cool Boarders 2 is one of the worst games I've ever played. Medal of Honor was the good FPS game back then and not Rainbow Six. Jumping Flash is painfully dated in graphics and gameplay. Battle Arena Toshinden is one of the worst fighters on the system. Destruction Derby might be one of the worst racers on the system. I never was a fan of Oddworld so I can't really comment on that.

So its 3 classics, 5 decent games, 2 controllers and one tiny box of nostalgia. Hard to complain too much.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm playing through Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands right now. It has a Far Cry 5 feel to it and I'm enjoying it. Microsoft has a deal running on the DLC but the game is so long that I don't know if I'll be too burnt out on it or not by the time I would even get to it.

lostnite66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the Xbox One, my handle there is the same, lostnite66. I play Red Dead Reademption 2 Online the most, then in descending order Fishing Planet, PUBG, and GTA Online.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t picked up the control to play in a few weeks. Any games coming out I should be excited about? I think Watchdogs looks amazing, other than that nothing I am jacked up about.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t picked up the control to play in a few weeks. Any games coming out I should be excited about? I think Watchdogs looks amazing, other than that nothing I am jacked up about.
Watchdogs Legion does look legit. I kinda expect it to be this years Assassin's Creed Odyssey where its an established series game that ends up being really popular.

Things on my radar that I haven't played:

1. Borderlands 3. Looks to have improved gameplay over BL2 but generally looks like it delivers exactly what you'd expect.

2. Resident Evil 2 Remake. I expect this to be on sale for Black Friday (I picked up RE7 and Monster Hunter World really cheap at Black Friday sales so Capcom has a history of this) but its the goldilocks Resident Evil game that will likely please everyone.

3. Doom Eternal. End of the year. Looks to be double the size of DOOM 2016 and with more combat options.

4. Super Mario Maker 2. Seems much improved over the first one but only if you're really into old school Mario.

5. Wargroove. Looks like an Advance Wars clone but with custom maps.

6-7. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest XI. These games are for people who like spending 100+ hours on a fairly easy Japanese game that never really takes off but has a bunch of interesting characters.

8. A Plague Tale: Innocence. For people who like super linear story driven games. Setting and characters seem interesting

I'll likely buy Borderlands 3 and Wargroove. Maybe Doom Eternal. Maybe RE2make

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watchdogs Legion does look legit. I kinda expect it to be this years Assassin's Creed Odyssey where its an established series game that ends up being really popular.

Things on my radar that I haven't played:

1. Borderlands 3. Looks to have improved gameplay over BL2 but generally looks like it delivers exactly what you'd expect.

2. Resident Evil 2 Remake. I expect this to be on sale for Black Friday (I picked up RE7 and Monster Hunter World really cheap at Black Friday sales so Capcom has a history of this) but its the goldilocks Resident Evil game that will likely please everyone.

3. Doom Eternal. End of the year. Looks to be double the size of DOOM 2016 and with more combat options.

4. Super Mario Maker 2. Seems much improved over the first one but only if you're really into old school Mario.

5. Wargroove. Looks like an Advance Wars clone but with custom maps.

6-7. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest XI. These games are for people who like spending 100+ hours on a fairly easy Japanese game that never really takes off but has a bunch of interesting characters.

8. A Plague Tale: Innocence. For people who like super linear story driven games. Setting and characters seem interesting

I'll likely buy Borderlands 3 and Wargroove. Maybe Doom Eternal. Maybe RE2make
A Plague Tale has got my interest for some time. I want to get it but am waiting for it to hit 20 bucks. My biggest concern is I am deathly afraid of rats and from what I am told, there is a lot of them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is I am deathly afraid of rats and from what I am told, there is a lot of them.
Hmm...

I suspect that the game is going to be a 10/10 for you or its going to be unplayable because youll have many sections of the game where rats will take up almost the whole screen.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday the 13th is free to download tomorrow on Xbox so I will be playing that to get in the Halloween spirit.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing through Spider-Man on PS4. I haven't beaten it yet but from what I've played so far it's my favorite PS4 exclusive. It's not the most original game but it's a lot of fun

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doing D2 and Overwatch on PC.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting bored with Diablo 3 on the PC for the second or third time.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I am sorry. I gave you credit for knowing REAL games. D2 ONLY means Diablo 2

Meh, every D2 search I Google comes up Destiny 2 (could be a result of my search history) but, Overwatch got me into FPS (not the past FPS was a novelty to me). D2 is a good FPS with upgradeable gear, multiple classes, exotic weapons and armor, multiple playing options (open worlds, Crucible, Gambit, Raids, Strikes and a Storyline). Good way to spend a little time. Overwatch 2 may pull me away from it, maybe not. FYI my Blizzard account name is unsurprisingly, Bedlam.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D2 is Destiny 2 because Diablo 2 is a retro game. There is really no need to reference Diablo 2 at this point unless you're still playing it on a regular basis.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up Modern Warfare, Gears5, The Division 2, and Metro Exodus on Black Friday. Just playing the MW campaign at this point.