• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you currently playing?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as 4X (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate) games go, I just went back to playing Masters of Orion II : Battle for Antares.
Released in 1996, the game still has a strong following and mods that make the game just as fun and harder than ever.
I used to play that game all the time. I actually got the urge about a year or so back to plug it back in. I didn’t (20 year old game, and all), but I did get the itch...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play that game all the time. I actually got the urge about a year or so back to plug it back in. I didn’t (20 year old game, and all), but I did get the itch...

MOO2MOD.com

If you do get the itch, it's very easy to upload and start.
I managed to get it going on a 10 year old MacBook.

There's still an option to play multi-player and a pretty good network to find games.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i bought a PS4 this past winter out of boredom. Just bought call of duty and am immediately told that it needs an update before I can play.

Go to do the update....only 58 hours and 34.5GB to go. :L
Holy fuck! Thats a 20 minute dl for me.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA 14

Saddens me that I have to keep pulling this out for my NCAA fix, but honestly after looking at the garbage Madden comes out with every year it is probably for the best. Was really hoping one day for an ultimate dynasty mode where you could play teams on the road, make money, put it towards allocating money to build bigger stadiums/weight rooms etc. Make scheduling realistic, like a 2 for 1, commit to playing a team for multiple years.

I miss it.

i play the one with Tebow on the cover.

mobile QBs are ridiculous in it.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck! Thats a 20 minute dl for me.
I am goina guess skerpokes is out in the sticks. most places have reasonably priced gigabit fiber these days :D and it keeps getting cheaper i started out paying like 170 then 120 then 85 now down to 65 with the same company for the same internet

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am goina guess skerpokes is out in the sticks. most places have reasonably priced gigabit fiber these days :D and it keeps getting cheaper i started out paying like 170 then 120 then 85 now down to 65 with the same company for the same internet
kinda opposte for me... i been paying the same and the speed keeps doubling.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda opposte for me... i been paying the same and the speed keeps doubling.
speed keeps doubling??? you got faster than gigabit in your area????

i had to switch when we went internet TV because of how many tv's are constantly on we were exceeding our bandwidth cap set by COX so that is why we went fiber same price as cox's unlimited bandwith plan but was 8x better 1gigabit vs 150 megabit

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speed keeps doubling??? you got faster than gigabit in your area????

i had to switch when we went internet TV because of how many tv's are constantly on we were exceeding our bandwidth cap set by COX so that is why we went fiber same price as cox's unlimited bandwith plan but was 8x better 1gigabit vs 150 megabit
nope, they want me to pay for the fiber because im more the 1500 feet from closest junction... went from 35mb to 75mb to 150mb to 300mb price still the same...

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, they want me to pay for the fiber because im more the 1500 feet from closest junction... went from 35mb to 75mb to 150mb to 300mb price still the same...
ahhh, now that is rare for them to actually upgrade you on speed, my dad was getting hosed for years cuz they "grandfathered" him into an old plan that was more money for less speed.... it was time warner/spectrum lol

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, now that is rare for them to actually upgrade you on speed, my dad was getting hosed for years cuz they "grandfathered" him into an old plan that was more money for less speed.... it was time warner/spectrum lol
If I didnt call to Complain about connection losses and threaten to go to another provider I doubt they would ever tell me they have new plans... complaining is beneficial if you have a valid reason. Always find your way to the customer retention dept. thats where they tell ya about all the cool stuff and its where they turn you into a new subscriber for the new subscriber deal...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i play the one with Tebow on the cover.

mobile QBs are ridiculous in it.
Pretty sure I was a beast in that game. If I remember correctly, option pitches could be made perfectly when halfway wrapped up. Hot routes could allow you to shift to a post corner at the line (eventually stopped allowing this). Solid game, but they update the most recent one with roster updates.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I was a beast in that game. If I remember correctly, option pitches could be made perfectly when halfway wrapped up. Hot routes could allow you to shift to a post corner at the line (eventually stopped allowing this). Solid game, but they update the most recent one with roster updates.

Who doesn’t like post corners?

Although I’m more of a slant guy. My slot wrs and tes are heisman worthy seasons

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight Night Champion.

I love boxing and this is a good game. But the unrealistic punch spamming can make it nauseating. Fight Night Round 3 was better.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn’t like post corners?

Although I’m more of a slant guy. My slot wrs and tes are heisman worthy seasons
TE is my favorite target. I’m a run first kind of guy. Drives opponents nuts. My friends would always fuss that I was intentionally running out the clock, and trying to keep the ball away. I would always be like dude I’m up 21 and have run for 350 yards, that is my game.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE is my favorite target. I’m a run first kind of guy. Drives opponents nuts. My friends would always fuss that I was intentionally running out the clock, and trying to keep the ball away. I would always be like dude I’m up 21 and have run for 350 yards, that is my game.

I love passing out of the 2 TE. I can run a TE streak vs. a LB and it just kills.

the worst part of the game are what I call the "super LBs" in coverage who can cover 10-15 yards with condor like arms while the ball is in the air.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didnt call to Complain about connection losses and threaten to go to another provider I doubt they would ever tell me they have new plans... complaining is beneficial if you have a valid reason. Always find your way to the customer retention dept. thats where they tell ya about all the cool stuff and its where they turn you into a new subscriber for the new subscriber deal...
I always just go with a new ISP or provider and dont bother talking to them usually :D
COX kept promising fiber in the neighborhood but never delivered it (might be here now years later) went with Century Link whenever we see a deal i get in touch with them and they match it without having to complain, we do have to contact them of course. Almost never like maybe once every couple months but they were moving lines and stuff doing a big street widening nearby which likely was the reason i had any outage i can remember. I used to get burps/hiccups where id disconnect for no reason and it would come right back when i was on cable internet and i had my db in perfect range for my modem and everything just a cable internet issue i think and their lines they run

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always just go with a new ISP or provider and dont bother talking to them usually :D
COX kept promising fiber in the neighborhood but never delivered it (might be here now years later) went with Century Link whenever we see a deal i get in touch with them and they match it without having to complain, we do have to contact them of course. Almost never like maybe once every couple months but they were moving lines and stuff doing a big street widening nearby which likely was the reason i had any outage i can remember. I used to get burps/hiccups where id disconnect for no reason and it would come right back when i was on cable internet and i had my db in perfect range for my modem and everything just a cable internet issue i think and their lines they run
Around here some idiot somewhere is always fucking it up for everyone...

One of my Fav lines to use is... “how long do i have to quit your service to be a new customer again?”

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got an invite to play a game thats not even in Beta yet, theyre calling it a “technical test”... made by ubisoft, and is part of a decades old franchise. Graphics are awesome as usual. The weird shit is the NDA and my user name and a 35 digit alpha numeric code plastered in watermark all over the screen. They dont want it streamed or screenshot i guess... not even sure if i can say the name but rhymes with most pecan and there are videos on youtube about it. they did say dont talk about it on social media, i wouldnt give a fuck to mention but theres two more days to play it, why get booted the first time i play?

Anyway its clunky right now, but the enemy AI is better than division 2... so thats a plus. HuD
Is Minimal and animations are weak, both likely to change before beta...

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I just choose to not have internet at home. No real need for it at this point. I spend all day staring at a computer and a phone. Last thing I want to do is come home and do the same.

However, I didn't realize that internet was going to be required just to play a stupid video game.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I just choose to not have internet at home. No real need for it at this point. I spend all day staring at a computer and a phone. Last thing I want to do is come home and do the same.

However, I didn't realize that internet was going to be required just to play a stupid video game.
most games these days do require internet :D
at the very least to install/update/own them :D