• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you currently playing?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can only play one Assassin's Creed game, play the Odyssey version. Thanks to the last sony store sale, I got all the dlc, game and other games for 25.00, best 25.00 I spent.
humble bundle has 45 games on sale for $30 proceeds going to the coronavirus fight...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Gravity Rush 2.

The first thing that jumps out for me is the visual style. Like most Sony games, this has a distinct style and its awesome. Anime Fifth Element? Cool. The world thats here is really interesting.

The game has two issues really working against it.

For starters, the first...5+ hours?...of the game basically feel like an extended tutorial as you get introduced to the nuances of the game. I can't give an exact time because it still feels that way and I'm not sure how long I've been playing. On the plus side, this means that you can ease yourself into the second game without playing the first (I never have) but the structure of everything is incredibly basic as you figure out the controls and gameplay systems. Its slow, though, and everything is in Japanese so it doesn't do nearly the same job grabbing you at the start as many of the other slow-build AAA PS games.

The physics in this game also don't evoke a rush. In Spider-man, your swing has an arc and you can then do a straight web forward or do a motion that will send you to the nearest building. Its a surprisingly effective way to maneuver around the environment in a fun way. Gravity Rush operates under the idea that you have total freedom to do in any direction but only in a straight line. You can choose to do a full stop or choose to have momentum carry you and swapping between the two lets you move around quickly but not with a lot of grace. The game will also make you stick to any surface and if you're expecting one way to be up and you stick to the wrong surface then your whole sense of perception will get thrown off. I've never barfed during a video game but if there was ever a game to do it then this would be it. There is also a wall slide mechanic that is good in theory but in reality it ends up a bit too slow to create that rush you get from grinding on something in a game like Tony Hawk. It feels like an idea that came a generation of system too early.

The combat is pretty simple but I feel like you have plenty of tools. Using nearby objects as projects is useful as is the ability to do homing attacks. The homing attacks in particular are satisfying because you can attack from different angles and use these attack to maneuver around the battlefield. This is needed because unlike other Sony games there aren't any QTE sequences to help the player avoid the rough edges of a 3D battlefield.

The game in general is hit-or-miss with how much it holds your hand. If you're the type of person who follows arrows in open world games then you'll get lost every other mission.

My impressions of the game are somewhere around the same level as my impressions on Mass Effect Andromeda. There is a decent game here if you're interested in the surrounding universe but if you aren't then its probably too slow of a burn to really bother with.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost done with my first play though of RE3. Pretty enjoyable.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone check out the Wastelanders add on for Fallout 76 that was released/patched 4/7/20? Supposedly added NPCs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone check out the Wastelanders add on for Fallout 76 that was released/patched 4/7/20? Supposedly added NPCs.
I still have never played ‘76, and I don’t expect I ever will. I am unfortunately probably done with the title. I am not interested in multiplayer fallout.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't played anything in quite a while. Anything good on xbox one?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have never played ‘76, and I don’t expect I ever will. I am unfortunately probably done with the title. I am not interested in multiplayer fallout.
I bought 76 when it first came out and enjoyed it for a while. Eventually, no NPCs took its toll. I rarely saw another player while on the various servers I played on. I am thinking of giving it another shot with the NPC update.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearthstone (yah still...) - new expansion is decent, Demon Hunters are WAY overpowered. Blizz's nerf in < 48 hours was fairly amusing.

FF7 Remake - launched today - looking amazing so far. I'm 100% in. Waiting for Sony's slow ass network to download the rest of the fuckin' thing.

CS:GO - Fuck you Valorant. 200-300K Twitch viewers = 20K actual viewers and 200K+ bot viewers trying to get keys to sell on Ebay. If Valve announces CS:GO2 in the next few months this game is dead. It's way too fast and it's just Overwatch + CS:GO. Only reason it's getting the hype is the Twitch sponsorship bullshit.

RE: 7 - Fun game, little frustrating but the first official boss fight got my heart pumping, so that's all good. Like the FPS take on RE series.

SOMA - not bad, fairly creepy and a bit interesting to uncover the plotline much like Amnesia. It was $3 on Steam a couple weeks ago, why not? lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a play time clock in gravity rush 2. The first five hours are slow but I'm ten hours in and having fun.

I went through Nex Machina on medium difficulty. It's such an awesome game. The fourth boss hit me like a brick wall and it took me 40 tries to beat it and then I got to the final boss and ran out of continues.

Played Dauntless with three friends. It's alright but gets old quickly imo.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm debating between three games at the moment. I'm thinking about buying Days Gone while it's on sale and starting back on that. The other two are also two games I've never gotten around to finishing: Spiderman and God of War.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 last week after a couple friends were telling me how great it was and I’m loving it. Never played the first one before but damn this game kicks ass. The story is awesome so far and it just seems like there’s a limitless amount of things to do. Definitely a good game for killing time during all this pandemic shit.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm debating between three games at the moment. I'm thinking about buying Days Gone while it's on sale and starting back on that. The other two are also two games I've never gotten around to finishing: Spiderman and God of War.
Depends on your taste. Spiderman is really fun and has a great story, but the last 1/4 of the game’s story felt very rushed. God of War I personally couldn’t finish on my first play through, but it is beautiful and a lot of fun. Days Gone is a weird one in the sense that, it does take an hour or so of grinding and upgrading for it to be more fun (at least 40 hours of Gameplay). I really enjoy Days Gone, it wasn’t revolutionary by any means, but that didn’t take away from my level of enjoyment. I did try and pick it up and play it again recently and kind of was bored, but I think that speaks more to the massive campaign that does tend to go on a bit long.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat old school...playing Civilization VI on Xbox as they just came out with a compatible version.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn’t the topic, but if you plan on buying The Last of Us Part 2, don’t click on any articles, videos, links. Massive spoilers are everywhere.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn’t the topic, but if you plan on buying The Last of Us Part 2, don’t click on any articles, videos, links. Massive spoilers are everywhere.
Yeah, I was going to post on that but admittedly The Last of Us Part 1 has been pretty thoroughly spoiled for me, as well, and my ps3 copy which I picked up for about $2 has been sitting unplayed for a long time. God of War PS4 was also spoiled for me by some random trolls on reddit when that game released. Its the main reason I've pretty much ignored all things Cyberpunk because I know I'm playing that one Day 1.

I did finally get around to beating Velocity 2X. Thats been sitting in my backlog since 2014

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at Ghosts of Tsushima and I think the developers of that game are being fairly ambitious. Thats a PS5 game. My ps4 is going to melt trying to play that and I'm seeing some frame dips in the gameplay footage. That said, its the best looking game I've ever seen.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was going to post on that but admittedly The Last of Us Part 1 has been pretty thoroughly spoiled for me, as well, and my ps3 copy which I picked up for about $2 has been sitting unplayed for a long time. God of War PS4 was also spoiled for me by some random trolls on reddit when that game released. Its the main reason I've pretty much ignored all things Cyberpunk because I know I'm playing that one Day 1.

I did finally get around to beating Velocity 2X. Thats been sitting in my backlog since 2014
Has Part 1 been so spoiled you aren’t even willing to play it through? It’s such a great story.